Chapter 125

I pursed my lips as we stood just beyond the border.  "Never took you for a coward, Young Mage."

I scowled.  "Kiss my ass, Old Man."

My shoulders were pushed.  "Violet, why are you so..."

I stuck my tongue out at Julia.  "Leave us alone.  Ready?"  We all stepped through the barrier and as expected, I felt others coming fast.

Xavier clicked his tongue as we kept walking.  "They may be a little upset."

I scoffed.  "Rea-"

Someone was thrown back by a wall of light as they tried to attack me.  "Leave her alone, William."

He growled as he got to his feet and my eyebrows raised as Xavier stood in front of me, flanked by our wolves and the casters right behind them.  "So... really don't need your protection.  Just saying."

Lilly glowered at me.  "You can let us help."

I rolled my eyes.  "Well while you play with the packs..."

"You just left!  You left and took them with you!"

I met the green gaze of my mate.  "You and Alastair having a disagreement?  Over what, I wonder..."

He tensed.  "It wasn't safe, Violet."

I shrugged.  "Yeah well... it happened so..."  He growled as he took a step forward and Amethyst responded in kind.  I stroked her head.  "If he still doesn't understand, then he isn't worth the explanation."

Will came to his side.  "What the fuck?  You took my mate a-"

"She took no one."  He looked at her, shocked.  "We went of our own free will.  We didn't even know she would be there when we got there.  It was our choice."

When he took a step towards her, Daisy, the brown wolf who had become her familiar snarled.  He froze and his eyes widened.  "Wai-... you..."

He looked back and forth between the two, confused.  "It's okay Daisy.  I'm with Violet, if they won't listen, why waste the words."

The wolf huffed in annoyance and turned her nose up as she looked away from him.  "So, really... I'm going that way..."

Shadows caught me around the waist as arms slung around my shoulders.  "We'll go too.  They are not fun."

I pouted, but kept going.  "But... I'm tired of you guys following me around."

Romulus laughed as he made me stumble forward when he pushed me.  "We don't care."

I ran after him.  "I will kill you!"

He kept going, not even slowing as we got in the cave and the wall sighed as it fell.  I tackled him and we rolled into the temple, where I pinned him.  "Mercy!  Mercy, please!"

I laughed.  "Say the words!"

"I yield!"

"All of them!"

"I yield, Deadly Fucking Tyrant!"

I let him go and looked around.  "So, I made a mess."  I sighed and held my hands to my side.  "Let's clean that first."

***

Was I pissed?  Yes, but Violet and the others were back safe which was a relief.  William went crazy as soon as he knew Lilly followed and swore to kill my mate.  That was short-lived as she basically blew him off the same way Violet did me and the wolf at Lilly's side had him confused.  "So the whole having a wolf and a human mate... is a thing?"