Chapter 112

Our heart and lungs failed us when we saw our mates at the top of the stairs, they were gorgeous.  Skipping out for the rest sounds like a great idea...

Really?

Let's take it off, that sounds even better.

It did sounded like wonderful idea until we were downgraded from mate to escort.  As I took her to greet the first set of guests, I now regretted this idea.  The man openly stared while the woman glared between him and her.  "Thank you for coming."

The woman slowly looked at her date, turn elbowed him when he didn't respond.  He blinked and smiled.  "Uh... thank you for inviting us.  You look lovely."

Violet didn't respond as she locked eyes with her brother.  "I believe he is talking to you, My Love."

She glanced at me and signed.  "Fully aware."

I smiled as she went back to threatening her sibling.  "We thank you, have a go-"

"She can speak... we've heard it."

The woman looked at him.  "Why does it matter?"

He averted his gaze.  "Uh... nothing..."

I steered her towards her brother and signed.  "She's not speaking."

He smirked.  "Why speak to people she plans to kill?"

I sighed and linked with her.  Your brother is no help.

She smiled at me.  He has had enough of the extra men trying their hand.  Only took years.

I pouted.  Will you speak to me at least?

She giggled.  "And our packs, the rest simply don't matter."

I chuckled.  "I can live with that."

When we were stopped by another couple she found a place on the wall behind them to stare at.  Really?  "You both look nice."

I smiled.  Nice?  We look amazing...  "Thank you, as do you."

The lady looked Violet over.  "That is a lovely necklace, where did you get it?"

That made her look at them as she smiled.  "My mate gifted them to me at the first event we attended together."

My heart fluttered as her eyes widened.  You remembered?  "Oh... you're... mates?"

Apparently, her hesitation was enough for Violet to exit the conversation.  You expected me to forget?  You had the tie to match and became my escort.  "Yes, you seem surprised."

The man cleared his throat.  Because you wouldn't be my date.  "Hopefully it doesn't offend you, but we were going to ask if you would like to dance."

I shook my head.  Not then... not now.  Things didn't change much, Mr. Valencia.  "Well, that's too bad.  You are lucky to have such a beautiful Luna."

We both tensed as Violet met his gaze and he quickly averted it.  "She is not a Luna, but an Alpha.  Please refrain from calling her such."

He cleared his throat.  "That is impo-"

I arched a brow and he started to cough, holding his chest.  Violet... "Are you okay?"

He nodded as he heaved a breath, but began to cough again.  What?  "I'm... fi-"

We took a step back as his date looked confused.  Let the man breathe, no killing yet.  She pouted as he finally found relief.  "Maybe you should be seen..."