Chapter 93

Knowing my mate, the slow excited smile that spread across her face meant only one thing, Luke responded.  "I'll go with you."

She pouted.  "Afraid I'll spill blood, Love?"

I took her hand and kissed it.  "I just what to hear what he has to say.  You deal with the messenger as you see fit."

She beamed and we were suddenly outside her makeshift office.  "You know... I am not fit to follow orders."

I chuckled at the childish frown on her lips.  "Trust me, Xavier wants nothing to do with being Alpha."

She puffed her cheeks.  "Nor I with being the helpless Luna, but dammit..."

She pushed open the door and Xavier smirked.  "Here she is..."

The wolf was already pale when we entered and looked like he was about to faint as we approached.  "He looks terrified, Brother.  Having fun without me?"

Xavier sighed.  "I just made it very clear that I don't take kindly to threats."

She smiled.  "Threats? I like threats, that means I can deliver on promises... let's hear it messenger."

He gulped.  "A... Alp... Alpha Lu..."

She sighed and broke away from me to pat his arms.  "Relax, we won't kill you... today anyway.  I need you to breathe as our patience wears thin."

I don't know if it was her deceptively sweet smile or the soft melodic tone of her voice, but he became more at ease as he watched her.  "Alpha Luke demands that this pack return his mate and that Luna Violet be delivered also."

She tilted her head as though she was confused.  "Or..."

He sighed.  "Or he will attack in two days time."

She smiled and backed away from him.  "Now was that so hard?"  He chuckled, not sensing the danger he was in.  "Good... now you run back and tell your Alpha that if he tries, we will slaughter them all and he gets the same promise as his king.  The heads of his wolves will be delivered to him within a week's time of our bloodshed."

The man's face dropped.  "Wha-"

She giggled.  "Don't get tense on me now."  She brushed past him and wrote on a paper, handing it to him.  "In case you forget or are too scared to repeat my words.  Please inform him also, that we do not make idle threats, we deliver on promises.  He can refer to the king or warden if his doubts it."

He was dumbstruck.  "You can't pos-"

She met his gaze, dropping the sweet act.  "Deliver the message, that is an order."

He went rigid before turning and walking out of the door.  "Nice... so, Apollo is awake and trying to rip through his cell."

She pursed her lips.  "Only took him a day and a half.... what to do..."  She smiled at me.  "Join me, Love?"

I kissed her head as she wrapped around my arm.  "Is that wise?"

She shrugged.  "I don't think keeping him alive is wise, but alas... I am denied his life."

I was surprised when we entered to see that their cells were pleasant as compared to ours; quarters were clean, beds instead of hard slats, even showers and grooming essentials.  "Uh... are you sure this is prison?"

She giggled as we heard a snarl.  "We don't usually take prisoners.  However, when we do have to hold someone they are no less a person, so they do get the basics.  To be fed, clean, and be able to sleep comfortably... kinda."

We stopped before a cell and red eyes were suddenly in front of us.  "You..."

She nodded.  "Broke your neck and had you imprisoned, I did that."

He bared his fangs.  "The danger yo-"

She sighed in disinterest.  "Is none of your concern since you chose to interfere.  Now, I need you to stop trying to get out.  It's not happening until after we finish having our fun."

He glared at me.  "And you're allowing this reckless behavior.  What kind of man are you?"

I smiled down at Violet.  "The kind who likes his head on his shoulders and supports my mate.  I would rather fight by her side than be kept from protecting her at all."

He snarled as he grabbed the bars, smoke appearing where his skin touched.  "You couldn't even pro-"

"Before you bring up the cliff, I have a question for you."  He tensed before meeting her gaze.  "Where were you?  Any other time I leave my home, you are not far.  In fact, I am within line of sight.  What happened on that night?"

I furrowed my brow as I heard the truth in her words.  "I... I felt you were still uncomfortable from our enc-"

"I don't do well with liars, Apollo.  You know that."

He slowly backed away.  "I was angry because you still choose someone who is beneath you.  Had I known what danger li-"

She nodded.  "He is not beneath me in any way, shape, or form.  It is my choice to make and if you can't respect that, then you need to leave."

Her words nearly brought him to his knees.  "No, I stay with you."

She turned to leave.  "Stop giving the others a hard time.  You will be released after the bodies are ash."

She paused in front of another cell.  "Your Alpha has responded, but made no mention of you.  I will release you when he arrives and you choose what you do from there.  I issue you a warning though, bring harm to ours and I will kill you."

The wolf looked content in his cell.  "No need, I won't be going back."

She tilted her head.  "Because..."

He smiled.  "You treat me better as a prisoner than they ever did when I was free.  If you allow, I will fight with you."

She smiled softly.  "We shall see when the time comes.  Rest well."

He closed his eyes.  "Thank you."

I spun Violet into me and kissed her deeply when we got outside.  "You never cease to amaze, My Love."

She blinked, truly confused.  "Uh..."

I ran my fingers through her hair.  "Even your captives choose to stay... I'm proud of you for treating them so well."

She looked at my chest.  "How horrible it must be there for them... if he can treat his mate so cruelly, I don't know why I am surprised."

Smiling softly, I tugged her hair so she would look at me.  "Your heart is too good for this world.  Let's talk to the others, you'll come up with something."

She sighed.  "Let's hope so."