Chapter 82

I rocked on my heels as Julia waited with me.  "So... trying to get me a mate or..."

I shook my head.  "Just... wait.  You'll see."

I sent the others off to their mates since it seemed they were all free.  Romulus was actually stalking the cave when we came out and glared at me because he couldn't get to Cedric.  I felt better than I had since before the cliff... maybe even before I ever discovered I had powers.  I honestly never felt so stable before and it took me off guard.

Julia searched my face.  "You okay?"

I nodded.  "Great actually."

She smiled and was about to respond.  "Silver fairy..."

I scowled.  "Not a fairy... a wolf, David."

He chuckled.  "That too, and this is?"

I stood and smiled at him.  "Julia, this is David.  David, Julia.  I think... I feel you two can help each other out."

They watched each other for a moment and slowly he held his hand out.  "It's a pleasure to meet you, Julia."

She bit her lip and looked at me, but I made no indication of what she should do.  This was her choice and she slowly put her hand in his.  "Same..."

I smiled.  "I'll be right there, okay?"

They both looked at me in shock, but David took my seat as I sat a few tables over and pulled out a book to write.  I glanced up every so often to see them opening up to each other and eventually at ease.  Whoever we can save... they will need the same.  They'll need the support.

I felt my hair tugged and leaned into the body.  "That's nice."

I smiled up at him.  "Yes, they have a lot in common."

Ezekiel smiled softly and pecked my lips.  "Feeling better?"

He sat beside me as I nodded.  "I never remember feeling so still before honestly.  It's nice, not having all of my emotions fight each other."

His finger stroked my cheek. "I can see it, you look more at peace.  Maybe everything kind of balanced out?"

I shrugged.  "Not all the way and can be shifted out of balance again, but... working on it."

He nodded.  "I'm here if you need me, My Love."  He pouted.  "I really need your Beta and Gamma to stop interfering."

I giggled and poked him.  "Well, they may still be occupied after this."

He groaned as my brother slid in across from us.  "Not likely, but... do you feel like light... not chaotic?"

I smiled softly.  "Definitely."

He sat back, smiling.  "Not sure I like it.  Only halfway wanted to kill the vamp when I came in.  Think it's making us soft."

I smirked.  "Still ready to slaughter for this party?"

I admired how his blue eyes lit up.  "Fuck yes."

I nodded.  "Not soft, just better controlled.  We need to discuss that by the way.  I've been missing in action for a while."

He sighed, searching the ceiling.  "Yeah, we have an event later..."

I sighed.  "Call the others, we need to regroup on this."

Julia came over, smiling.  "He's nice... and... like me."

I nodded.  "How are you feeling?"

She sighed, more relaxed than before.  "Better, he said you all really do understand boundaries."