Chapter 111

For the first time since that night, I was nervous. Getting cold feet, Love? I smiled. I'm cool with skipping this part and getting to the fun.

Alastair and I rolled our eyes. You wish.

She huffed. I'm ditching the dress, dammit.

I chuckled. And what will you wear.

She smirked. I mean... people would love to lay eyes on this body, so...

We growled. No...

She sighed in defeat. I guess Romulus will have it all to himself right now. Surprised Ray isn't fighting him over this.

I shook my head, had it been any other man, my mate would be disgusted and I'd be pissed. However, this was Romulus and his complete disinterest that night in the councilroom was evident, he looked more annoyed than anything. Because it gives her time to get everyone else and the ballroom to her standards.

Oh, well...

I paused. Well...

She chuckled. Not everyone, you haven't started getting ready? We can definitely skip together. Eloping sounds great too, it worked so well the first time.

Now, I wanted to see what was waiting for me. No and no. See you soon, My Love.

I felt her disgust. No... I think I can just...

Stay where ever you are and make the old men proud.

She scoffed. Fuck them and fuck you too. Let's see if I show up or not.

She left my mind as my eyes rolled. She fought us tooth and nail any time we tried to involve her, for her entertainment more than anything. She would have Aurora in a rage, Xavier laughing, and the other men just shaking their heads by the time she left, usually to go the temple.

She never told us what she was doing down there. Any time I thought to see, I was either pulled away to something different or felt a weight on my chest. Whatever it was between her and the goddess. None of us had a clue of her plan outside of what she told us.

Amethyst would somehow lead us to her and we needed to be there before the sun rose which was when the transition would be complete. Still knowing everything could go to hell with one wrong move, I felt at peace with this.

No other scheme any of us could form was right and we tried our damnedest every chance we got. Violet wouldn't even participate. She was sure of the path she chose whether it ended in her death or not.

Ooooo is that indecisiveness and fear I sense? We're eloping, I see it. When do you want to meet in the temple?

The feeling suddenly evaporated. No, we are not eloping.

She frowned. Damn, I tried.

I sighed as she left again. It'll work out... it has too.

***
I narrowed my eyes at the mirror, pleased, but making my emotions slow. We changed the color scheme from just blues and silver. Now, my dress still had navy underneath, but the lightest of purple, pinks, and blues shimmered as I moved. They formed a complete picture of a snowy night on a lake on the bottom of my dress with snow flakes along the bodice and sleeves, form fitting, but flexible until it hit my waist.

Romulus pinned the last of the snow crystals into the crown braid and ran his fingers through the waves, leaving glitter of the same colors to flicker with them. As promised my lips and nails were dark navy, almost black. We left out the gloves as Gale thought it would be better to have my sleeves loop around my middle fingers.

Linda did an excellent job hunting down earrings and hair pieces, but I wore the original snowflake necklace and bracelet gifted to me by my mate. Xavier, being the wonderful twin that he was, let me know my specially crafted gift was ready. All there was left to do now was wait.

I eyed the attire I was to change into. "Could just wear that."

Romulus chuckled. "No."

Ezekiel's surprise filtered through. "Looks like he found it... you should go dress him."

He glared at me. "And leave your to ruin my masterpiece? No, Ray has that covered."

I rolled my eyes. "Really not seeing the point here. We were already mated."

He scoffed. "Not about you, myself and quite a few others were not here. So because the goddess so graciously blessed us with a redo. Besides I heard the first announcement lacked dazzle and you need a little dazzle."

I giggled. "What an announcement at a pack meeting not fancy enough for you?"

He deadpanned me. "For my best friend? Hell, no."

I sighed. "But the packs aren't even all here."

He beamed. "Another one."

I frowned. "Fuck no."

His head swiveled to the door. "Well, Princess... they are ready for you."

I groaned. "Already?"

He ushered me to the door, smirking. "Let's stop hearts."

I pouted as he escorted me to the ballroom. "I prefer doing that with steel."

He disengaged at the door and gave me a little push. "That comes after. Make me proud."

I sighed as it opened and stood at the top of the staircase, looking at the crowd. Satisfaction filled me as everyone we invited were in attendance. I spotted Ezekiel, who froze and turned as soon as my foot hit the first step.

His smile was breathtaking as appreciation, awe, and desire filled him. Soon, everyone took notice, all eyes turning to me as I made my descent. This is so fucking stupid...

Aurora was in shock. You let Romulus do this? You love him more.

Not true. He is not as understanding as you are.

Romulus chuckled with pride. You wanted to be an ice princess. I made you a fucking ice princess.

You can go to hell, the Season is over and this shit is ridiculous.

Damn, Sis... never knew you had it in you.

I will kill you, twin or not.

Xavier laughed. But look at them... they wanna bed you, not kill you.

I turned my cold stare in his direction. I prefer kill... kill is good.

Ezekiel met me at the bottom of the steps and kissed my hand when he took it. "You look stunning."

I rolled my eyes. "Still not your date."

He chuckled. "I'll settle for escort. I'll take you any way you come, Princess."