Naraaz | Offended

Such a tiiiring day it was but glad to have make through it. Alhamdulillah for everything, Allah has been so kind 💫

Daniyal's house, Brighton, England, UK.
17:35 pm.

There was a heartbeat of silence before Daniyal's mother's head snap to him.

"What is she saying?" She asked her son who took a deep breath nodding.

"She is right. We got our nikkah done a few days back," he told them.

"And why are you here now? You did what you wanted." His father asked and he took a step ahead.

"Because I want you in my happiness, Mama Baba, you are my family. I can not do without you,"

His mother chuckled hoarsely.

"Trust me you can. You have stood against your parents, you got married without us, have lived a whole year away from us, and now you are here with your dialogues about how you can not live without us. Daniyal pick your bags and leave from my house right now. There is no place here for you and your wife." She started walking to her room and Manha saw his fingers shake slightly as he rubbed them over his face.

She knew it hurt him to no end. He loved his mother like crazy and hearing this from her would have made his heart shatter.

But on the other hand, she blamed him for the situation. He was not right at all for what he had done. Had she known about this before Nikkah, she would have tried to ask for forgiveness from his parents earlier, the situation could have been much easier to handle then.

Manha hurriedly took a step in his mother's direction who stopped looking at her.

"Aunty please listen to us once," she tried not even being able to maintain eye contact with her for long.

"I won't blame you for this. I am not going to bash you for what our son did. I am not a woman who blames other women for every wrong. Maybe we were not good enough that he would stay,"

"It's not that aunty, at least listen-"

"Please leave this house as respectfully as possible. I want to solve this matter as gently as I can. I am not a violent or angry person in general and I don't want to get into the bad side of mine."

"Please," Manha felt her eyes tear up.

She could feel the vulnerability in his mother. She could see it in her eyes. The hurt that her son has caused her.

"Why are you humiliating yourself for him? Why are you begging for him? He does not deserve it because he can not protect his family from what your father will do now. Does he even know about this marriage?" She crossed her arms on her chest once again as she looked between the two and continued before any of them could say something.

"I am sure you both wouldn't have told him too or he would have gotten all of us harassed and murdered or maybe worst like blowing our house in flames, what little can be expected from a beast like your father?" She was getting angry and Manha felt her own head starting to hurt.

"Mama, he is dead," Daniyal muttered and Manha saw a look of surprise take over his mother before she clicked her tongue in mockery.