Yaad | Memory

مجھ سے پوچھ رہی ہیں میرے وجود کی کرچیاں
مزید کتنا ٹوٹنا ہے اور کتنا بکھرنا ہے

Dawood Mansion.
09:03 am.

The sun's early rays streaked into Manha's room through the window as she stood by the vanity pulling her hair in a side braid.

It was a day off from work after a whole week of back-to-back shoots and recordings and she was looking forward to it pretty excitedly.

Making her way down the stairs, she inhaled the aroma of coffee and the sweet smell of pancakes and waffles wafting past her from the dining area.

"Good morning," she smiled seeing her little family settled around.

"Good morning, where have you been from so long?" Her grandfather asked as she kissed the back of his palm taking a seat beside her uncle.

Her father had gone back to his newspaper after mumbling a greeting.

"Was just busy with a few things. I am free for the whole day today by the way," she smiled at Salma who put her cheese omelet with a glass of fresh apple juice in front of her.

"Thank you," she smiled arranging her food.

"Than we should have dinner together, what do you say?" Her uncle smiled at her and she grinned nodding.

"Of course. I would make something myself," she said excitedly only for her smile to be snatched a second later.

"We have an event to attend," her father reminded his elder brother who nodded biting his tongue.

"Yes, sorry. Maybe we can have dinner tomorrow," she pressed her lips turning back to her food. The excitement drained out in a moment.

"Where are Farah and Fahad? They came last night, right?" She cleared her throat turning to the governor while cutting into her eggs.

"They are coming in a while,"

"The award function is this Wednesday, you have to be there okay?" Her uncle reminded making her nod.

"I remember," she knew how crazy the event was for this trio.

"Why do you guys even worry when you know you are going to ace it like all those years."

"You said that last time too and remember what happened?" Her grandfather raised his brow making her roll her eyes slightly.

"They got corrupted within months after taking that award," she snickered making her uncle chuckle.

"That they did but we didn't get the award,"

"It's okay to-"

"It's not okay. We deserved that one. The organizer went bias at that time. It's good he learned it the bad way," her father cut her off folding his paper, and sipped his coffee without glancing her way.

Manha sighed getting back to her food.

Arguing with them was useless. They would try to make her feel stupid and she will have to give in eventually every time. She tried to stay out of their business arguments now.