Khayal | Care

Manha's managing agency,
13:20 pm.

"Come in," Manha walked in with Hamna as they both settled in front of Hamna's boss, Kamran. The agency's manager.

"Hi Manha, haven't seen you in a long time," He leaned back with a smile as she settled down.

"Coffee?" She nodded staring at the back of his laptop silently.

"What is going on?" He asked seeing her silent at her place.

"Nothing. You wanted to talk," she sat straight picking her cup as Hamna put it on the table before taking her seat beside Manha.

"Hamna told me about you declining the proposal," he started, watching her over the rim of his cup.

She took her time, gulping the coffee and putting the cup back on the saucer.

"I am not comfortable," she intertwined her fingers.

"Why not?" He pressed.

"He hasn't worked with anyone before and I don't know what kind of video it is going to be. You can find thousands of pretty faces to pair with him, I am sure anyone would be ecstatic," she was desperate now but didn't let it show in her voice.

"But that is the only problem, they want you Manha." He turned serious now.

"You know I hate to force but this is important. For you and us. You haven't been giving your best for so long now, you are going down Manha. People are finding their new favorites, you need to come back and mark your place. You can't let it be consumed by those fame hungers. You have paved it, you deserve it,"

She knew it was all true. She knew it already. She has been ignoring her work a lot, she hasn't worked something big for almost a year, she needed to be back on track but she didn't want it to be with him.

"Why is he in the video now anyway? He never did this before," she tried one last time.

"So you are scared he won't be able to ace it because he ain't a model and hasn't done anything like this ever before?" He asked with a chuckle making her look away.

"Don't worry, he is Daniyal Khan, talent runs in his veins. You and he are going to break the screens, believe me," Kamran held his hand out making her drop her shoulders as she held it.

"Only because you are asking for it," she pursed her lips making him chuckle.

"And have I ever let you down?" He asked and Manha wanted to say something but held herself back, shaking her head.

"Then trust me this time as well," she turned to look at Hamna who was already onto the call.

And she could only force a smile.

She wanted to slap herself hard for what she had done.

• • •