Talaash | Search

It's about to rain any minute in Karachi, like it had gotten all dark and I am so excited that's why an early update lol. (excuse my lame reasons for not being able to hold myself from updating as fast as I can)

Enjoy the chapter you all while I enjoy the rain and pakoras!!

***

Lahore, Pakistan.
21:20 pm.

The moon's shine grazed the city of the cultural hub of Pakistan, Lahore.

Aside from all the rush and chaos of the downtown, music burst through the dimmed hall from one of the posh hotels of the city as the lights turned over the runway.

Cheers broke out as Manha Dawood made her way onto the runway clad in a deep black loose ruffled top paired with a classy long skirt in fusion of silver and golds.

Her strides long and legs straight as her shoulders were pushed back, relaxed, arms swinging slightly, back stiff and bended a little backward for the dramatics.

With dark smokey eye makeup to a sleek bun, it was all adding to the intimidating look she possessed. Lips dipped in the nude shade as silver dangling earrings rocked with her movements.

Honey brown eyes fixed ahead at the crowd of cameramen as even a small tug of her lips was being captured straight away.

Coming to the front she tilted her body towards her right, elbow bending as her hand came to rest on her waist, eyes flickering down before looking straight back at the camera with a hawk-like gaze for a moment.

Turning back around she straightened her back looking at the people clapping or smiling at her. She waved at one of the renowned actresses who had blown her a kiss before she disappeared backstage.

"You did great," Ahsan, the designer gave her a quick hug before she smiled and walked out to the photography studio.

"Manha, you look awesome," she chuckled at Shiraz, the photography director for the event.

"Thanks, can you please get it done with quickly. I have a flight to catch," she let the makeup artist fix her makeup as Sadia attached a straw of water to her mouth. Manha gulped it down as much as she could before rushing towards the set and stood onto the sheets as one of Ahsan's assistants fixed her skirt and someone else blew air at her face to pretend it from sweating.

She pressed her lips to even out the lipstick as the assistant fixed the silver snake necklace around her neck before adjusting her blouse.

"Look Manha, it has a devil's look as if walking out of the hell unharmed with all the sassiness. Remember bitch and bold, ya," Shiraz reminded making her chuckle slightly.

"I know," shaking her head she straightened her feet, the heels removed now much to her relief as the crowd formed around her earlier stepped back to not be into the camera's view.

"We are starting," Shiraz called as the photographer took his position.

Manha tilted her head to the right, chin up and eyes down, a lazy smirk, quirk of her brow as the camera clicked away at Shiraz's count.