Aaram | Relief

Dawood Banks HQ.
02:39 pm.

Manha made her way out of the cabin with an exhausted sigh and walked ahead towards Fahad's.

Knocking on the door she waited but turned the knob on not finding any answer and peaked in to find his cabin empty.

She dropped the files on the table and pulled out a sticky note writing into brief words about checking the files and walked back out.

She fanned herself feeling the heat of the sun through the wall windows in the corridor. Karachi was boiling.

"Oh, hey!" She stepped back about to bump into someone when she heard his voice.

"Um, hi," Manha cleared her throat fixing the cuff of her sleeves.

"How are you?" Raheel asked cautiously as she looked around the silent corridor. The receptionist was typing something in her computer and the whole carpeted hallway was empty and silent except for them.

"Good," she took another step back and started making her way to her cabin.

"Wait, Manha!" He called and she raised her brows turning to look at him with her hand on the knob.

"Yes?"

"Can I- can we talk?"

"I am not free." She turned the knob opening the door.

"Just five minutes. Promise," he pressed.

Manha shut her eyes taking a deep breath before nodding and walked into the chilled office. She had pulled down the curtains and had the temperature low.

"Speak," she stood in the middle of the room seeing him rub the back of his neck.

"I want to apologize," he started, "For being insensitive and for disrespecting you like that."

"And?" She looked at him bored.

"Please forgive me. I feel ashamed of my actions," he glanced at her for a second before looking away.

"And what can your shame do now that the damage is done? I may forgive you Raheel but I can never forget what you did and said and every time you would come in front of me that hurt will come up again." She told him honestly.

She didn't know how to forgive and expand her heart. She felt hurt by his words and they were going to hurt every time she was going to even think about it.

"But if you can find any relief from all this then fine. I forgive you." She shrugged walking to her chair.

"You didn't forgive me Manha I-"

"It's more than five minutes, I am sorry, I am not free right now." She pulled open her laptop sitting down and he sighed walking out.

Her phone rang after a while and she picked it up seeing Alizey's name.

"Hey, where are you?"

"At the office, why?"

"Be ready, we are coming to pick you in ten minutes." she hung up making Manha click her tongue.