Mulaqat | Encounter

Dawood Mansion.
9:02 am.

"Good morning!" Manha made her way down the stairs dressed in maroon slacks and white button-down tugged messily into her pants.

"Morning," her grandfather replied as she dropped a kiss at the back of his palm out of habit before taking a seat beside her best friend.

"Good morning," She looked at Farah with a smile.

"Morning." Farah passed her a small smile in return.

"Fresh orange juice and fruit salad," Salma, the governor of their house, said as the other maid put her tray down.

"Thanks," she pressed her lips before digging into the salad instantly.

"Make sure to be ready by seven everyone," her grandfather cleared his throat running his eyes around the table, making her nod.

He got back to the conversation with her and Fahad's fathers.

Dawood Sheikh.

Owner of multiple businesses but mostly known for being President of one of the leading banks of Pakistan.

Her father and uncle both followed their father's footsteps managing between the businesses.

These four men have been her family all her life where she was the only female.

Her mother has not been in any of her life's events. She left before Manha had even opened her eyes fully into the world.

Her first best friend had been Fahad, her brother, her supporter, whose own mother had separated from his father. His parents had an arranged marriage which they tried dragging till he was five but they decided to call it quits when the fights and pressure went beyond their stamina.

Fahad spent all his life managing between both the parents but he started living completely in Dawood mansion in his teenages because his mother would be busy traveling from one place to another, she had opened her travel agency and wanted to pursue her dreams.

Manha's father had drowned himself in work, she wasn't even a nuisance in his life because he seemed to forget he even has a daughter.

And she never even craved for him that much. She didn't understand the equation between a father and daughter until she grew up. It was strange listening to her friends going on about how their fathers loved to spoil them. How they'd take vacations from one part of the world to another. She never went on vacations with her father. She didn't know how it would have felt.

Farah nudged her slightly and Manha's eyes snapped to her worried ones before she pressed her lips in a smile shaking her head.

• • •