Khush | Happy

MDS best celebrated 🤍

>>>>

Happy independence day to all my fellow Pakistanis, I swear I added the picture above randomly while writing the chapter that was months ago, didn't even know I will get to update it on 14th august haha. Enjoy the little gift from me and do read the note at the end. That's it I guess...

***

Skardu, Gilgit Baltistan, Pakistan.
19:01 pm.

The sun was hidden behind the looming clouds at the sky of Skardu as the late evening fell over the valley drowning it in a calm ambience with birds taking off to their nests and crisp fresh air blowing by the fruit laden trees whispering by the leaves.

Manha's scarf blew by the sudden gush of breeze and she held onto it fixing it onto her head while her lips moved along her finger which was pointed onto the words of the Qur'an. Her eyes concentrative.

Nazia smiled softly watching her through her spectacled eyes and looked towards the sky in a silent prayer.

"Beta thak gaye hogi, aram karlo thora," Manha startled looking up at her and turned her eyes back to the Qur'an reading the last ayah of Surah lahab and closed the book with a deep exhale.

"Dar lagta hai ke pata nahi dobara parhne ka mauqa milega bhi ya nahi," she pressed her lips on to the dark green cover of the Holy book and got up putting it on the shelf.

"Insha'Allah zaroor milega." Nazia spoke sitting up from her leaned position as Manha sat by her foot on the wooden bed.

"I will read namaz today." She gulped looking at the elder woman who smiled holding her hand.

"Masha'Allah, mujhe yaqeen hai tum kar lo gi or agar nahi bhi, to Allah ne tumhein yahan tak sikhaya hai, aage bhi sikha de ga,"

Manha nodded taking a deep breath and stood up tugging her hair back from her face.

"I will take your leave now. You must be tired too," she kissed the back of Nazia's hand and walked out after bidding her farewell.

Crossing her arms over her chest, she looked around the grassed land while making her way down the hill.

Her scarf was around her neck now as her hair messed with her face from the loosened ponytail.

It had been three weeks since she started going to Nazia's place to read and learn Qur'an. She had completed it once and was remembering a few ayahs to be able to read namaz.