Ibtida | Beginning.

لش پش نہ ویکھ وے اڑیا
ویکھ نہ سندر مکھڑے۔۔
ہر مکھڑے دے اندر دل اے
تے ہر دل دے اندر دکھڑے۔۔!!

Karachi, Pakistan.
10:23 pm.

The night was cold during the first week of December. A cold breeze brushed past the shore towards the mansions lined against the sea line.

Smoke was rising from one of the lit-up mansions not far from the splashing waves, the barbecue being sizzled, and the dancefloor taken over by the bridesmaids.

Shendi function for the best friend of Manha Dawood was going on in full swing as she danced, showing off her excitement swaying her arms in the air.

Her lustrous long black hair pulled in a low bun, light brown eyes full of smokey golden shade, long lashes adding to the dramatic, her lower waterline filled with smudged kohl, her high cheekbones adorning highlighter, and her naturally full lips dipped in nude gloss.

Her five-eight frame was moving around bare feet, pink lehenga paired with a fitted choli, snug around her silhouette swirling with her moves.

Coming to the end, Manha sucked in a breath seeing her best friend, Farah, the bride, cheer the loudest.

A smile blew out on her lips before she walked to the less crowded area followed by her second best friend, Alizey, who fixed her magenta dupatta over her shoulders.

"People were making videos," Alizey said making Manha release a sigh.

"I don't care anymore, it's my best friend's wedding and I will dance however I want, people can go fuck themselves,"

"You are my spirit animal, you know that?" Bilal, Alizey's fiancé, grinned at Manha making her chuckle.

"I can't wait to go home. Tired from all the dancing," she picked a glass of cranberry juice from one of the servers walking by.

"You are going to take the bride, it will get late," Alizey settled beside her and Manha nodded taking a sip as her eyes flickered around.

"Fahad can't keep his smile off, so whipped," she shook her head at the groom, her cousin.

"Let the guy enjoy. It's his wedding," Bilal rolled his eyes standing in front of them.

"Hey! Would you stop taking her pictures?!" Bilal called at one of the cameramen who had his camera pointed at Manha.

"I want to show him a middle finger, but ugh..." She gritted her teeth taking a deep breath.

"I will see him," Bilal was about to start walking when Alizey held his wrist clicking her tongue.

"Don't create a scene, uncle's already mad," She looked between both of them making Manha nod in agreement.

"Ya, let the fucker," she tilted her face to the side taking another huge sip of her juice.

"Let's go to Farah," Alizey smiled at her and Manha nodded as they made their way towards the stage where Farah's cousins were all over the dancefloor.

"Where were you both?" Farah asked fixing her nose ring.

"Just around the corner, you are good?" Manha held her hand from the back making the bride nod.