Sober

Par ChristabelAnane

Asher Reynolds is fed up of receiving five consecutive heart breaks from his girlfriends who he thought love... Plus

Welcome!
Torn Apart Again:
First Day of College:
Love:
Gross Description Of Love And Kylie's Dark Secrets:
Mall Raid:
Broken:
Home Sweet Home:
Calvin's Return:
Headaches, Sarcastic comments and Love letters:
Meeting Asher:
Meeting Miss Croxford:
Training With Kylie:
Talking With Jace And Mirabel:
Party Time l:
Party Time ll:
Mr Flirty Pants and The Bad Fairy Godmother:
The Jealousy Dance:
'Hideous' Appearance:
The Invitation:
Soccer Practice:
The Diary Exchange
Injured:
The Flashback And Samantha's Return:
Your Time Has Come Warren:
Warren Rogers:
Home:
The Anniversary:
Table 16:
Acting With Ursula:
One More Kiss Wouldn't Hurt?:
Meeting Samantha:
Rescued by Asher:
The Truth Is Revealed:
The Truth Hurts:
The Joy Of Donating:
It's Over Between Us:
The Reunion:
My Real Home:
Saying Goodbye:
Miami, Florida:
Grandpa's House:
My Real Family:
Mirabel's Insecurities:
The Dryopteris Hunt:
Occupy Yourself:
Surfing:
Family Football:
The News:
Working On The Brand:
Blake's Departure:
Cut Contact:
Wynwood Walls:
Cammy and Cal:
Arguments and Fries:
Preparations:
Swift Sisters Grand Launch:
Swift Sisters Grand Launch II:
Enthusiasm:
Seaquarium:
The Bet:
The Plan:
The Interview:
Gaming:
Uncontrollable Feelings:
Girl Talk:
Masquerade Fever:
Distractions:
Epilogue:
Author's Note:
Copyright Info:

Lucifer Is My Stepbrother:

113 2 0
Par ChristabelAnane

Asher's POV:
My eyes snap open and the rays of the sun hit me right in the eyes. It's morning for sure. I take a deep breath and look around me. Jace  wasn't here and so as Samantha. It still surprised me that she came back. Her last words resurface in my head.

"I want us to be friends! Just friends. Deal?"

" look, I really wanted to apologise to you like  a hundred freaking times for what happened"

" I promise you, that I will not disappoint you this time around!"

I gave her a second chance but I feel like I'm being unfair! I didn't give Kylie a second chance even though we had evidences against her but she wanted to make things  right too. And what makes it more unfair is that, Samantha and Kylie were involved in the same situation! This is insane! I run my fingers through my hair.

Thoughts of what happened back then with Samantha flashes in my mind. I just can't shut them out of my mind! It hurts to remember them over and over again.

Flashback

"You look stunning Samantha"I complimented the moment she opened her front door. She was clad in a pink evening gown with her hair in a fishtail braid. Her bluegreen eyes glimmered and her smile made my insides warm up immediately. I saw blood rush to her cheeks as she blushed

"Thank you"She said and flipped her hair a little bit. "Lemme help you with this"she  grabbed my tie and I waited patiently.

"Done. I guess"She held it up. "I'm sorry. I don't know how to fix a bow tie! But my elder brother can help "

"No it's fine"I snatched it from her hands. "I could go without it"I placed it in my pocket and offered her a genuine smile.

Then I stepped forward tensely and leaned in to kiss her. It was a short kiss but it was passionate. Samantha smiled the moment we break apart.

"Are you ready for this?" I asked.

"Ready as I'll ever be"she stretched her hand and I held it firmly. We walked towards my motorcycle. My heart beating against my ribcage as we did.

"I can't wait to party"She said and hopped on my motorcycle the moment we got there and I smiled while handing her a helmet.

"Me neither"I placed my helmet on. My eyes trailed to her lips and I really wanted to kiss her again but I didn't want her to freak out and runaway.  My hormones were tempting me but I had to be strong.
I climbed my motorcycle and rode into the night towards my old friend's house where the party was taking place.

The moment we arrived, Samantha and I slid into the party hall after having a few compliments from a few friends. The music was loud and people were dancing wildly as we strode into the fully packed room--bumping into drunk teenagers.

I ordered a glass of champagne for both of us and we just sat on the chairs in front of the bartender.

"The show has just began! Let the best win"the DJ announced over the microphone and people cheered loudly. Samantha giggled beside me.

"Are you ready to dance?"she nudged me with her elbow.

"I don't know "I shrugged.

"Come on"she pulled me towards the dance floor as a hit song came on.

"Samantha I am not a good dancer! You know that"I grumbled. She giggled.

"Its not that bad"

I sigh and begin to dance.  I began with my hands first then I started tapping my feet.

"That's it! You're doing it! Follow my lead"She instructed and I obliged. It was getting fun and I liked it. Soon everyone stopped to join us. It was hilarious as we lead the whole crowd with our awkward dance moves.

"Alright! I guess we have our winners! King and Queen"the DJ annouced and the crowd applauded us.

"They're such a cute couple"someone commented over the microphone. Samantha and I went back to our seats.

"That was awesome"Samantha blurted.

"I know"I yelled. "That was fun"

"What happened back there? I was surprised to see both of you leading the crowd to dance"my old friend, Christopher said.

Samantha and I chuckled at the exact same time.

"We were also surprised to see the crowd following us"I spoke up.

Christopher takes a swig of his beer.
"You two are the King and Queen for tonight"he stated and took a tray from someone else.

"Beer?"he asked and I just gazed at the two glasses.

"Sure"Samantha picked one up and I did too. I didn't want him to feel bad but honestly, I wasn't into beer at that time.
Samantha took a swig and I just sat there staring at the dark liquid in front of me.

"We've got brownies too"Christopher displayed it on the tray and I took one. I'll just eat it and forget about the beer.

"Thanks Chris"I gratified and he winked at me. It was a sign language we often used when he wanted to discuss something important with me. He nodded in the direction of the kitchen and I winked back. He smiled and left.

"Uh....Samantha, I  need to go to the restroom! I would be right back!"I told her.

"Alright"she said and I pecked her cheek before making my way towards the kitchen. Christopher was there alright with a concerned expression

"What's going on Chris?"I asked tentatively.

"Everything is going on! Look, you need to protect Samantha"He warned and I furrowed my eyebrows.

"What? Why?"

"She's been targeted by a gang of boys "he elaborated further. "Its a bet! They want to use her for a stupid bet"

I clenched my fist. "Who are they?"

"You cannot fight them Okay? I just eavesdropped! You need to get her out of here as soon as possible"

"Just tell me who they are"

"It doesn't matter! Just go"he pushes me towards the exit and I stride as fast as I can towards the bar. When I got there, Samantha was gone. Her glass was empty as it was seated on the counter close to mine which was full. My eyes flit across the room.

"Samantha?!"I called out. Fear devouring my body. I looked through the crowd but I didn't spot her anywhere. My heart beat accelerated and I rushed outside.

"Samantha"I called out as the cold wind hit me. I searched around  frantically with Christopher's words ringing in my head.

"She's been targeted by a gang of boys "

"Its a bet! They want to use her for a stupid bet"

"You cannot fight them okay? I just eavesdropped! You need to get her out of here as soon as possible"

What if they took her away? No! I rush into the house again with my eyes in search for her. She wasn't back yet and my mind began racing.

"Asher! "Christopher called behind me and I turned, frightened to death.

"Where is she?"he roared in anger.

"I don't know! She's gone"I yelled.

"The gang! It's them! Come on, there's no time to waste"Christopher dragged me upstairs. He began opening the doors to the various rooms up here.

"What are you doing?"I demanded curiously

"I overheard them saying that they'll take her to one of the rooms in the house! Now shush! Follow me"he whispers and I nod.

He slowly opens one of the doors and I try the next one.
"Samantha"I called when I opened the door but she wasn't in there. I closed the door and tried the next. I began to panic uncontrollably and my lips began quivering.

"Asher! She is here"Christopher whispered to me in shock. My heart leaped for joy and I slid to his side. It however broke when I saw the scene before me.
There, on the bed was she and a strange dark haired guy.

"Oh my God! They had her"Chris whispers shockingly and I barge into the room in anger. My hands landed on the guy's neck and I pulled them apart. Samantha  is stunned. I pinned the guy to the wall in anger.

Come to think of it, he looks oddly familiar.

I punched his face so hard that my knuckles began to bleed instantly. He laughed and grabbed my throat.

"Asher!"Samantha yelled but I was so furious. I threw him onto the floor and punched him in the stomach.

"Come on Samantha"Christopher persuaded but I wasn't done with this guy. He just laughed and that enraged me even more.

"You had the nerve to sleep with my girlfriend"I hit his head against the floor and he punched my face in defence. I fell onto the ground but got up instantly and beat him up.

The guy's face flashes in my mind and I know who it was.

"Stop Asher "Christopher stops me midway through the fight and drags me out of the room. The party had stopped when we got down and everyone was gossiping about Samantha. They had already heard about it. I stormed out of the house and never spoke to her  again.

She was drunk and the guy took advantage of her that night! The beer Christopher gave her! If I hadn't left her side, none of that would have happened. I kind of blame Christopher for everything because he gave her the drink and he separated me from her!

But come to think of the guy who made all this happen.....

His face flashes in my mind again. Dark hair, green eyes, thin lips....Dave!
I clench my fists and I cannot believe it! He is the same person who slept with Samantha! How come I didn't realise it? Adrenaline surges through my veins as I think about him. It's been him this whole time!

The door creaks and someone's face comes into view. Samantha.

"Hey Ash!"She greets and walks to my side with my breakfast. "How are you feeling today?"She asks and I take in her appearance. Dave! I can't believe it! Except for the fact that he's changed a lot. Back then, he had a lot of hair but now, he has a haircut and lots of stubble on his face.

"Better"I reply to Samantha's question and she lays the breakfast on the table. I watch her place an ice pack on my knee and I smile in gratitude.

"I have to go for a glass of water! Promise I would be back"she states with a genuine smile and strides towards the door as I begin to eat.

I raised my head when there was another knock on the door.
"Samantha! Is that you?"I holler.

"No it's not" a husky voice answers and my stomach clenches.  He laughs lightly and peers into the room. Lucifer!!!

"What the heck? What are you doing here?"I bark the moment he steps into the room with his infamous smirk on.

"Chill bro! I just came to visit"He shrugs and takes an extra step  towards me.
"Why? Am I forbidden to visit my own captain on the football team?"

My blood boils.
"Get out Dave"I roar.

"I just saw Samantha"he smirks at me. "Remember we had a thing before? Together? The night at the party?"he confirms and my blood pressure shoots up. He laughs at my expression. It was really him.

"She's damn sexy! I miss her"he ruffles his hair a bit. "Maybe History would repeat itself" he cackles and I throw my pie at him. It hits his chest and soils his shirt.

"Good one! But I have an extra shirt underneath"He peels the soiled one off his body and dumps it on the floor leaving a new one underneath. "I'm always prepared for anything" he smirks at me.

"You're such a loser! What about Kylie? Huh?"I growl.

"She no longer has interest in me so"he shrugs "Samantha is my next option"

"Do whatever  you want! I don't care"I sneer angrily. "But don't hurt her! Don't you dare lay a finger on her"

"I can see you are back with her?"Dave asks, raising his thick eyebrow at me and I don't answer

"Just stay away from her okay? What do you want from me?"I demand

"Finally! The question I've been waiting for"he chuckles and I'm perplexed. My heart is pounding so fast right now.

"I am your half brother"He smirks and my blood turns into ice. He chortles at my reaction and picks up a chip from my plate.

"Surprised?"he asks in amusement.

"I don't have a step brother"I blurt. "Are you out of your mind?"

"I'm not! It's the truth! I'm your father's son! I know he is dead but it's the truth brother"he tucks the chip into his mouth.
He calling me brother is making me lose my mind right now.

"What are you talking about?"I ask more calmly.

"Its the exact truth! Haven't you ever wondered why I hate you so much?"he picks up another chip from my plate.
"Why I always snatch your girlfriends whenever I get the chance to?"

"What's the reason?" I demand.

"Because your mother snatched my father! She took him away from my mother, leaving us in poverty!!!"he roars raucously at me with anger waves radiating of his thin body.

"What does that have to do with me?"

"Its called revenge"he chuckles dryly.

"I wasn't the one who snatched your father away"I point out.

"So what? I should leave you alone? It doesn't work that way! I'll make you and your whole family pay for the pain you caused to my mom and I"

"Haven't you done enough? You've caused me enough pain already" I rebuke

"That was just the beginning brother"he touches my nose slightly. "The game hasn't started yet"

"I'm not your brother and I'll never be"I smack his hand away and he laughs.

"We can have a DNA test, if you want"

"Look, I didn't know about all that! My dad never mentioned it to me! Can you just forgive my mom and make peace? "

He groans  loudly.

"Forgiveness "he smirks. "That's the last thing on my mind"

"So you did all these deliberately just to hurt me?"

"Uh...yeah! What does it look like? We are not in a circus! Wake up man"he snaps his fingers twice in my face.

"I'm actually having the time of my life right now. All those girls you dated are dumb! They easily fall for my trap! I'm looking for the one who will be able to resist my charms"he places his hand under his chin. "Do you have any in mind?"he smirks at me.

"Just get out of here"I bark, infuriatedly.

"Woah relax"he mocks and I scoff.

"Asher I...."Samantha trails off when she sees Dave standing in front of me. I watch as her glass of water leaves her hand and collides with the floor shattering into pieces.

"Well hello Samantha"Dave greets in a cheerful tone and she is frozen. "It's been such a long time! How many years? 4?"

Her lips begin to quiver and I wish I could get on my feet and shove Dave out of the window but my leg has got me hooked to the bed! I can't believe he is my step brother. Damn!

"What are you doing here?"she screams and clenches her fist by her side. Tears glistening in her eyes.

"That is not a nice greeting but I'll take it like that! It's a pleasure to see you too Sam"

Her eyes avert to me for answers but I was so confused. My mind wasn't stable at the moment.

"Won't you say anything?"he raised his eyebrow at her and looks nonchalant with what he is doing while Samantha is shivering.

"Go Dave! Leave her alone"I growl.

"She hasn't told me to leave! Right Sam?"

"She hasn't told you to but I'm asking you to! Get out! Now"

"I'm not leaving until she tells me to"Dave insists.

"Samantha! Tell him to leave"

She stands there, still frozen.

"Samantha Now!"

"She can't"Dave brags.

"Get out"Samantha whispers and I smile. Dave is astounded.

"What did you say?"he steps closer, trying to intimidate her.

"Leave her alone Dave!"I shout

"I said Leave!"Samantha shouts on top of her voice. A grin makes its way onto my face as Dave clenches his fist. Samantha glares at him and points to the door.

"Don't let me repeat myself"she says and I'm loving this. I hear Dave's tongue click in annoyance. He strides towards the door angrily and bumps into Jace. Jace grabs his collar and I burst into hysterics.

"What the heck? You moron!"Jace pins him to the wall and Dave smirks. "What are you doing here?"

"I'm leaving okay? Let go of me"Dave pleads and Jace shoves him out of the door. Just the way I wanted it. I just wished it was the window instead. I chortle.

"Go away!  you good for nothing asshole"Jace bellows and Samantha giggles.

"You're a bunch of idiots"Dave retorts.

"Moron"Jace retaliates and slams the door. He turns to face us.

"What happened?"he questions whiles panting.

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

70.9K 1.7K 17
People say anybody can love whoever they want to love. The heart wants what the heart wants, right? Well, what happens when Raphael, the tough guy of...
Playing His Game Par C

Roman pour Adolescents

2.7M 72.6K 40
"You okay there, partner?" he chuckled. Our bodies were centimeters away from touching so I took a step back. A fatal mistake, which caused my back t...
2.2M 52.7K 39
[COMPLETE!] "My best friend's brother grew up. Hot." Alexis is months from finishing college and starting a fashion label in New York. Years of plann...
465K 15.5K 56
Meet Kylie. A self-proclaimed geek who has a thing for soccer. So technically, call her a geeklethic. Because she's definitely not weak but she also...