Home:

Asher's POV:
"Nothing really" Samantha replies and strides to my side. She takes my empty plate and hands me a clean tissue. I couldn't take my breakfast because of Dave! He ended up eating everything on my plate.

Jace scans our faces suspiciously.
"Are you sure? What show did that toad faced guy put up here?"he demands and I sigh.

Samantha smiles but it doesn't reach her eyes and I know she is going through a lot right now.

"I think we should be focusing on me going home! Where are my luggages?"I say quickly to divert his attention.

"Right! They're in the car! Your mom is already here"Jace replies.

"I can't believe you'll be gone for 4 weeks"Sam speaks up, in a disturbed tone. I open my mouth to speak but I cannot find the words.

"He wouldn't be gone for long! It's just four weeks Samantha"says Jace with a shrug.

"Four weeks means a lot with Dave around"she whispers but it was loud enough for me to hear and I realise what she means. Dave's words earlier resurface in my head.

"She's damn sexy! I miss her"he ruffles his hair a bit. "Maybe History would repeat itself"

I inhale deeply and waddle to her side. I wish I could be here to protect her. I couldn't protect her the first time and it's rather unfortunate that I can't do it for the second time but I'll try my best. Even if she isn't my girlfriend. She raises her eyes and stares at me.

"I know you're scared"I whisper and catch a glimpse of Jace looking at us curiously. "He can't do anything to you"

"How sure are you?"she whispers and her lips quiver a bit in fright. I feel so sorry for her. She's traumatized. I encase her hands in mine and look her in the eyes.

"He wouldn't lay a finger on you! Trust me"I whisper assuredly and she nods. "Keep your distance from him and you'll be okay Sam"

She gulps.

"Okay"she engulfs me in a hug and I brush her soft jet black hair.
"Dave is not a threat alright?"I whisper and she nods when we break apart.
"You're brave and I know you can face this"
Samantha nods and chuckles lightly.

"Why?"I ask curiously and she points to my head.

"When did you become a redhead?"she spills and I laugh.

"Oh it was my idea! It's my pleasure"Jace butts in quickly.

"You dyed his hair?"She asks him and he nods.

"I'm washing this dye out as soon as I get home."I assure her and she runs her fingers through my hair.

"Red is actually your colour"she giggles lightly. "But I miss the brown strands"

"Asher!"my mom's voice interrupts and she looks stupefied at the doorway, glaring at Samantha.

"Samantha? Sam?"she blurts.

"Yes it's me"her nose flares slightly and my mom steps forward.

"Its been so long"my mom smiles down at her. "Its rather unfortunate that Asher has a girlfriend now"she butts in quickly and my heart stops beating. Samantha is dumbstruck.

"He hasn't told you?"

"Well he hasn't but I was expecting that"Sam says with a small smile but I sense disappointment in her tone. I feel like she came back so that we could get back together.

"You're still pretty my dear! Even prettier!"mom compliments. "How is your mom?"

"She's alright"Samantha nods.