First Day of College:

Tiffany's POV:
I hug my books tightly as I exit the classroom. Everyone has been long gone but I stayed to study a bit before going back to my dorm. I huff. My dorm! I don't like my roommate! She is the meanest person I have ever met!

I sigh as I trudge lazily to the dorm. The cold air hits me and I regret for not picking up a sweater but I'm not far away from getting to my room. I finally come upon the dreaded door and I take in a deep breath before I open it.

My roommate is lying on her bed with her head in her pillow. I let out a sigh of relief and quickly go over to my narrow bed. I place my books on the cabinet and lie in my bed. I take my laptop and decide to watch a documentary but when I hear a sob, I stop.

She was crying! I don't know if I should ask her what's wrong? Maybe I should give it a shot!

"Kylie?" I call softly as I slowly approach her bed.

"Kylie" I say as I tap her lightly.

"What?!" She barks and I cringe. Her eyes are bloodshot with her hair sticking to her face.

"Can't you see I'm not in a good mood right now?" She roars as she wipes her tears with her tissue.

"I'm.....sorry..." I stutter out as I retreat and go back to my bed. Maybe calling her wasn't a good idea. I don't know why she literally hates me.

I pick up my laptop and watch my documentary on mute since I wouldn't want good old Kylie to be yelling at me for increasing the volume.

After an hour, she got her books and I know she was heading for her next class and I was happy. Finally, I can have the room to myself! I can do whatever I want! I watch her do her make-up and she straightens her tube top. Does she feel comfortable wearing these things?
I shrug. Nanni would never let me wear those things! Speaking of her! I need to call her! I search for my phone and speed dial her.

"Hello my child" her familiar sweet voice booms from behind and I smile. I miss her! She has been like a mother to me! The mother I never had. I watch as Kylie exits the room in her mini skirt and Uggs.

"Hey Nanni! I miss you so much" I tell her and tears form in my eyes.

"I do too! How was school?"

"It was nice since Blake was here to cheer me up" I tell her and she hums

"Your boyfriend huh? What a good boy he is!" She rants and I chuckle.

"Be a good girl! If you have any problem, you can call me"

"Sure Nanni"

"But I know you'll be okay with Blake over there! So overprotective"

I laugh.
"Yes Nanni! I promise to visit this weekend"

"Anytime you wish to visit!" She hums and I smile.

"Bye Nanni" I say and hang up.

A tear escapes my eyes as I stare at my real parent's picture on my wallpaper. The old grainy black and white picture must have been shot in the early nighties or eighties maybe. People  say they are alive! Others say they are dead but I need to know the truth! I've asked Nanni a thousand times but she doesn't want to tell me. I sigh.  I was raised in the orphanage by Nanni and a few caring nuns but Nanni was like a mother to me! She would always come and play with me, sing me songs and lullabies till I sleep or read me bedtime stories. She also cared for the other kids especially Blake who was also raised in the orphanage like me. We used to play around with Nanni and chase her. I laugh at the thought.

There is a soft knock on the door and I go straight for it. I pull it open to see Blake.

"Hey" I say with a smile, happy to see my boyfriend.