Cammy and Cal:

Asher's POV:
"So my mom's alright?" I ask Jace for the umpteenth time. We are back and Jace is updating me about the things happening back home over the phone as I told him to.

"Yes"he drawls tiredly. "How many times would you ask?"

"I don't know! I'm just thrilled she's fine"I run my hand through my hair and I can imagine him smiling.

"What about Dave?"I ask, my happiness turning into anger.

"Mirabel has been monitoring his movements all week and I have everything recorded on a sheet right here! Wait a sec"he says and I hear him shuffling.

"Okay! You ready?"Jace asks.

"Yep"I reply and he clears his throat.

"He's been to five places all week with school and house being the most dominant places"

"Where has he been to apart from school?"I ask curiously.

"According to Mirabel, he has been to the bar two times with Kylie, the movies once with Kylie again, to school and to the house. And finally, to your house once"

"What?!"I scream, fear devouring my whole body.

"According to Mirabel, he was just spying on your mom the whole time as she worked in the house. No one knows his intention but Mirabel claims she saw this smirk on his face as he watched your mother intently"

"Oh my God"I whisper. That smirk! That infamous smirk of his could mean anything! He's planning something dubious against her! I feel it in my pulse!

"Don't worry, we've got your mom covered! I've been visiting her every now and then to the extent that she has began to suspect me"Jace assures.

"Don't reveal anything to her! Just continue with what you're doing! I  would deal with Dave! Tell Mirabel I appreciate her work and she should keep it up. I need to go"

"Sure"Jace replies and I hang up. My blood boils as I stand there thinking about Dave.

"What's the matter son?"Grandpa's voice bursts into my thoughts. I turn around and he is putting his newspaper away.

"Nothing Gramps"I lie with a smile of assurance.

"Oh no! You don't look fine! Come sit"He pats the chair next to him and I willingly plop on it. "Are the girls still troubling you?"he asks with a slight chuckle. His voice laced with amusement.

"No Gramps"I chuckle lightly and drum my fingers against the table.

"There's something bothering you"Grandpa narrows his eyes at me. "Tell me son"

"You aren't going to like it"I reply with a sigh and he frowns slightly.

After a long pause, I began
"I asked my friends back home to monitor Dave's movements and update me on what he does."

"And?"Grandpa asks.

"He went to our house."I deadpan. "It seems he was spying on mom with an evil smirk on. I have a bad feeling about that Gramps! His mom killed my dad! meaning  he is capable of anything"

"Son, I need you to be calm"Grandpa says to my utmost surprise. He should be perturbed! "Nothing will happen to your mother! I assure you!"

"She's all alone in there! Anything could happen"I retaliate.

"I've got everything under control! Trust me "Grandpa winks at me.

"How? We are here in Florida! Approximately 500 kilometres away from mom!"I shriek. "We need to go back as soon as possible"