The Bet:

Asher's POV:
"Steve just pull up already"I whine. We are already back home. It was a long flight and I couldn't stop worrying about my mom. I've been thinking about all the possible and horrible things Dave could have probably done to her while we weren't around. Calvin has been trying to reach her since we got here but there's no answer.

Steve pulls up in the driveway and I get down first, sprinting towards the house. I grasp the door handle and open it with full force. To my utmost surprise, my mom stood there holding a pistol with a sadistic grin on her face as she watched Dave bleed on the floor, helplessly. Everything froze.

"Asher?"Mom turns her attention to me as I pant heavily at the doorway.

"You're back!"She screeches and hugs me tight. I chuckle, happy to see that she's okay. "How was the trip? How's my father? Did you enjoy?"she questions excitedly while brushing my hair.

"We will talk about that later! What happened here?"I ask, eying the blood stains on Dave's sleeve. With Dave on the floor bleeding and my mom holding a pistol, I can tell what happened here.

"He tried to kill me! Luckily enough, I was wearing bulletproof underneath so he couldn't stab me to death"Mom confesses and shivers crawl down my spine. So he wanted to kill her! Son of a bitch!

"Is he going to die?"I enquire, analysing his state on the floor.

"No, I shot him to hold him down for a while! I'll call the cops"she struts towards the hall, leaving me with Dave. I admire my mom's courage.

"Who are you looking at?"Dave sneers at me, grimacing in pain.

"You should at least be nice! I can save your life"I tease and he groans.

"I'd rather die than to have you save me! "He retorts and sits upright on the floor.

"I see."I chuckle lightly. "You tried to kill my mom but you ended up on the floor"

"Dave?"I hear Grandpa's voice behind me. I turn around to see  Camilla and Cal behind him. They were all gazing at Dave.

"Hello Oldman! It's been long since I left your house"Dave greets.

"What happened?"Camilla shrieks. "I can't look at this! All this blood"she adds and buries her head in Cal's shoulders.

"Where's mom? Is she fine?"Cal asks.

"Yes she is"I reply with a beam and Cal nods.

"Sweetheart, let's go to my room! Come on"Cal convinces Camilla and we watch them head upstairs. Mom returns and is shocked to see Grandpa here.

"Daddy?"she shrieks.

"Carol! Oh my God"he embraces her in a bear hug.

"Look at you! Still strong"she remarks incredulously as she gives Gramps a once over.

"Of course I'm still strong! And you look just like your mother! I'm glad to see that you're great"Grandpa rants and mom giggles.

"Mom, did you get the cops?"I enquire.

"Yes, they'll be here soon"she responds.

"Cops?"Gramps asks as his eyeballs land on Dave on the floor.

"Yes! Your sweet boy Dave tried to kill me a few moments ago. So much to thank you for taking care of him"Mom explains and Grandpa's eyes widen.

"How could you Dave? What have I done wrong to deserve this?"Grandpa directs at him.

"Don't pretend! You're just like the rest! You're all filthy liars!"He screams at us.

"I gave you a beautiful childhood Dave, I did all I can to make you happy!"Grandpa interjects as he draws closer to him.