Family Football:

Asher POV:
I slip the last piece of Turkey into my mouth and gulp my water, satisfied.
Grandpa and Steve were already done eating and were walking along the shore of the beach, getting the park ready for the football game while Camilla and her beloved Prince Calvin were having a romantic dance off at the shed.

I catch a glimpse of them briefly and Camilla is spinning like a spinneret.  Most of the females around offer her a jealous glare. They were obviously starstruck. You know Cal is the 'women's man.' Every girl wishes to be in his arms for even a day! I must say that Camilla is really up for some competition because some of the girls would do anything and I mean anything to catch Calvin's attention.

I shrug my shoulders and stand up. I'm now ready to play some classic football! I twist my neck and warm up all the way to the shore.

"Someone's hyper"Grandpa teases me
the very minute I make my entrance.

"Its love for the game Gramps "I wink at him and he chuckles lightly.

"D'you know something? I was just like you when I was a teenager"Grandpa admits.

Oh really?

"Always daring and adventurous"he says with a ruff. "You remind me a lot about myself! I'm glad to finally see you again after all those long years"

"Me too Gramps"I confess.

"Your brother is really enjoying himself over there"Grandpa says with a chuckle and points to the shed where Calvin was winding his waist wildly and the girls were cheering him on of course.

"He deserves it"I state nonchalantly.

"You deserve it too remember?"Grandpa asks me with a grey eyebrow raised at me. "You see how happy he is with that girl?"

"I don't have luck with girls Gramps! Maybe I'm meant to be single all my life. I don't know but I think Cupid literally hates me"I say sadly.

"Or maybe you're not trying! There are some gorgeous girls over there! Why don't you try talking to some of them?"

"Gramps, I dated 5 girls! It didn't work out! I don't want the sixth or the seventh to be the same! Or else, I would kill myself" I retort and strut towards Steve infuriatedly.

"Are we playing or what?"I scream and continue my warm up.

"Its me versus you, grandson! Steve will be the goalkeeper"Gramps says and I nod. Steve places the ball on the sand and walks to his post. Grandad stood on the left side of the pitch while I stood on the right.

"I'm taking you down Gramps"an evil smirk appears on my face.

"Give me a break son"he laughs mockingly. "I am an expert in this"

"Make me"I raise an eyebrow confidently and he dribbles the ball swiftly out of my league.

"What the..."I trail off surprised. That was the fastest move I've ever seen in football's history!  I need to get that ball before he scores! Before I knew it, my legs were carrying me towards him but he was still playing like a professional footballer and I'm speechless.

He really is an expert!

"Gramps! Look out"I warn but it was just a false alarm since I wanted to steal the ball.

"What?"He halts with the ball in between his legs and I fish it out with all the energy in me before he moves again.

"So long Gramps"I mock him and he groans as I make my way towards the other side of the pitch. Steve moves there as fast as he can.