The Truth Hurts:

Asher's POV
"He thought I wasn't faithful to him. He even said Calvin wasn't his son"she whispers. "But that wasn't true"

"He met Dave's mother and they began a relationship while I stayed in Scotland alone with Calvin. He was just a little baby then. "mom narrates and she squeezes his hand a bit.

"Dr. Stone heard what he did to me and was really upset with his friend for ditching me! He tried to convince him to come back but it seems he was having a good time with his new mistress"

Calvin and I remain silent as we listen to mom's rigmarole.

"That evil woman knew very well that I was a single parent and I needed support but she never let your father go! She wanted everything all for herself!"Mom sneers as she gazes at the picture I had just straightened with scorn. "So Dr. Stone helped me to take care of you Calvin until you were 5 years old"

Calvin flashes her an apologetic smile.
"I'm so sorry mom"

She nods with a sniff.
"How did he come back to you then?"I ask baffled with the story.

"He realised he was committing a huge mistake after his new mistress stole a huge sum of money from his bank account without his consent and she smartly  denied it"she scoffs and I sigh. So it's Dave's mother who is at fault here!

"As usual, your father got hot under collar and broke up with her but unfortunately, she was 2 weeks pregnant with his son. He told her to utilise the money she stole in taking care of the kid and promised her that he will visit the baby frequently. Then he lied to  her that he had some matters to attend to in Scotland and came back to me through the help of Dr. Stone."

"So that's how Dave came about"Calvin concludes.
"When he got to Scotland, he made up with me and soon, I was pregnant with you Asher"mom smiles at me and I return it.

"You have always been his favourite son! That's why he named you after himself because he believes you're the symbol of our reconciliation"

I chuckle proudly.

"You're just like him in many ways"mom compliments and turns to Calvin. "And you have been my favourite Cal! You were my source of hope during all those lonely years when your father left us and a good entertainer. I'm not surprised you're an actor! You were born with it! I used to watch most of his plays at school when he was ten years old"mom giggles.

Calvin chuckles proudly.

"Why did you hide all these from us?"I ask her.

"Your father forbade me to talk about it. And I wasn't willing to tell you about it. Please stay away from Dave! His mother is no good"Mom warns us and I chortle.

"Like mother, like son" I state with a laugh.

"Are you friends with him Asher?"Mom asks with her hand on her chest.

"Of course not Mother! You can find out from Jace. We are worst enemies"I reply and eat my food furiously.

"Why? are both of you enemies?"Calvin asks curiously. "I have to meet this Dave guy"he adds.

"You're not meeting him"mom scowls.
"Just kidding "Cal flashes her a grin.

"It's good both of you are enemies. As you said, like mother, like son! I'm sure he earned your hatred by doing something! Tell me, what did he do to you? I promise you that I'll tear his eyes out!"

Calvin cringed and I laughed,amused by mom's antics.

"You're one tough woman! Actually, the statement is, Like father, like son"Calvin interjected with a clear of his throat.