Rescued by Asher:

Tiffany's POV
Jace and Mirabel support me as I slip  on the smooth but slippery floor. I feel like I'm going to fall any moment. I hold onto their arms and take in deep breaths. I have never been in this kind of situation before!

"What's happening? Tiffany are you okay?"Samantha asks, skating towards us.
"You know her?"Asher questions and she nods enthusiastically.

"I met her today. She and Mirabel helped me find the way to the school library"

"That's right"Jace adds. Asher beams.

"These 3 are my friends"Asher says and my heart leaps. I never thought he could consider me as a friend!

"Cool. I've met the whole team now except for one person"Samantha giggles.

"Who?"Asher questions, a smile playing about his lips.

"Guess"Samantha shrugs.

"Calvin?"Jace throws in.

"He wasn't the person that came in mind but yeah, I have to meet your brother! Geez he's a star!"She shrieks and we laugh.

"So who did you have in mind?"Mirabel inquires and she sighs.

"His girlfriend. I've not met her yet Asher. Your mom said you have moved on with someone else"Samantha points out and Asher's face falls.

"Oh that"Jace says with a dry but an obviously fake chuckle and she nods.

"Or is it one of you?"She points to Mirabel and I.

"I'm not Asher's girlfriend "We exclaim at the exact same time. "Jinx"we added.

"Uh who wants a drink?"Asher asks out loud to divert our attention.

"Me"we all raise our hands, playing along

"I'll be right back"Asher skids off towards the opposite direction.

"Do you know her?"Samantha directs the question at Jace.

"Let's go skate Tiffany "Mirabel says awkwardly and drags me out of there. "That was close"she whispers when we are far away from them.

"What about Jace? Would he tell her about Kylie?"I question and she shakes her head.

"Jace is smart! I know he can get out of this"She replies confidently and I steal a glance of them talking. "Now let me teach you the basics "

I take a deep breath and listen intently.

"Skating isn't hard as it seems! It's just like riding a bike"she demonstrates and I watch her slide around. I held the wall for support while she demonstrated.

"See?"She asks and I nod.

"You need to be careful and must know when to reduce your speed but I know you can do this."She states and stretches her hand out. I take it in mine and she continues to teach me.

"Sideways movements! Left! Right! Then left! Then Right"Jace interrupts and I oblige.

"You're doing well Tiffany"Samantha commends and my heart soars.

"Now I would have to leave you on your own"Mirabel says and my heart skips a beat.

"What?! You can't go now! I'm not ready"I plead and she offers me a small smile.

"You'll be fine Tiff. Just obey our instructions"Mirabel assures.

"Can you take me through one more time please?"I plead and she nods. We go over the whole process again with Jace and Samantha demonstrating most of the moves to me.