Injured:

Asher's POV:
I grimace in pain as the nurse massages my  delicate left knee with her soft, short fingers.
"You feel pain right?"she questions and I nod as another bolt of pain shoots through my leg. Geez! This is too much! I've never had such a bad injury like this before! Thanks to Dave!

She scribbles something in her notebook quickly and looks at me once more.
"I'll get the doctor! Just give me a few minutes" she beams and I nod in agreement. She immediately files out of the room and I sink into the hospital bed.
My mind wanders about Kylie. I was perplexed to see her at the football game and what shocked me to the bone, was when she sprinted to my side the moment I got hurt on the pitch. Does it mean that, she still loves me?

"Good morning Asher"The doctor's voice drags me out of my thoughts.

"Good morning"I murmur tiredly as he lays his tools down.

"Your mom is on her way here"he speaks up. "The nurse told me that your knee is still in bad shape"his bass voice booms in my ears. I nod nevertheless.

"I hope it's not serious"I state tentatively.

"No! It's not! It's just a Grade 1  sprain!"The doctor assures. "Your ligaments have been wrenched" he begins to massage the area.

"How long would it take for it to heal?"

I hope it takes two weeks or something like that because I don't want to attend that dreaded wedding anniversary of Kylie's parents.

"It depends on how fast it will heal"He states. "On average, it will take just a couple of days" he studies the swollen area carefully.

I sigh. He continues to study the injury as I lay down there.
"Can you bend your leg a bit please?"he asks politely and I gulp. The pain intensifies whenever I try to bend it! Good heavens!!! I just oblige and bite my tongue to prevent me from screaming. The agonizing pain in my knee increases and I can't wait for him to instruct me to put it back in its resting state.

"I see"he notes something down. "You can place it down on the pillow now"
I heave a sigh of relief and place it down.
"Your breakfast will be here soon and I would love it if you take the anti inflammatory pills I prescribed for you"

"Sure"

He smiles and saunters out of the room. I'm all alone again. Where the heck is Jace? I'm missing him!!!

"Knock! Knock!!"a voice says and I grin. Speaking of the devil....

"Come in Jace"I smile and he enters the room with my breakfast in his hands.

"Someone's  hungry"he mocks and places the food on the small table beside me. Breakfast in bed is good. I lick my lips when I see the good looking pancakes on the plate.

"Eat up "he hands me the plate and I fill my stomach with the delicious food it contains.

"I have been thinking"Jace slithers towards the window at the right corner of my bed.

"Thinking about what?"

"About what happened yesterday"he raises a slender eyebrow at me as a smile graces his face.

"What happened yesterday?"I ask after swallowing my pancake.

"You and Tiffany"he chuckles lightly and I'm at sea.

"Tiffany and I?"I raise an eyebrow this time around.

"Yes!!!"Jace yells exasperatedly. "You think I didn't notice!"

"Alright! Just go straight to the point Jace! I'm tired of you beating around the bush"

He laughs loudly whiles holding his flat tummy. I shrug and devour my pancakes.