Sober

By ChristabelAnane

Asher Reynolds is fed up of receiving five consecutive heart breaks from his girlfriends who he thought love... More

Welcome!
Torn Apart Again:
First Day of College:
Love:
Gross Description Of Love And Kylie's Dark Secrets:
Mall Raid:
Broken:
Home Sweet Home:
Calvin's Return:
Headaches, Sarcastic comments and Love letters:
Meeting Asher:
Meeting Miss Croxford:
Training With Kylie:
Talking With Jace And Mirabel:
Party Time l:
Party Time ll:
Mr Flirty Pants and The Bad Fairy Godmother:
The Jealousy Dance:
'Hideous' Appearance:
The Invitation:
Soccer Practice:
The Diary Exchange
Injured:
Your Time Has Come Warren:
Warren Rogers:
Lucifer Is My Stepbrother:
Home:
The Anniversary:
Table 16:
Acting With Ursula:
One More Kiss Wouldn't Hurt?:
Meeting Samantha:
Rescued by Asher:
The Truth Is Revealed:
The Truth Hurts:
The Joy Of Donating:
It's Over Between Us:
The Reunion:
My Real Home:
Saying Goodbye:
Miami, Florida:
Grandpa's House:
My Real Family:
Mirabel's Insecurities:
The Dryopteris Hunt:
Occupy Yourself:
Surfing:
Family Football:
The News:
Working On The Brand:
Blake's Departure:
Cut Contact:
Wynwood Walls:
Cammy and Cal:
Arguments and Fries:
Preparations:
Swift Sisters Grand Launch:
Swift Sisters Grand Launch II:
Enthusiasm:
Seaquarium:
The Bet:
The Plan:
The Interview:
Gaming:
Uncontrollable Feelings:
Girl Talk:
Masquerade Fever:
Distractions:
Epilogue:
Author's Note:
Copyright Info:

The Flashback And Samantha's Return:

118 4 0
By ChristabelAnane

Asher's POV:
"I told her to" that's the only phrase my mind could form at this particular moment.

Jace hands me my plate and I silently take my supper.
"You told her to leave?"He scratches his head.
"Not to just leave but to stay away from me"I clarify and I sense vulnerability in my tone.

"Oh! Do you regret it?"

"I think so"

Jace sighs and ruffles his hair a bit.
"Just eat and go to bed! I promise you that you'll feel much better tomorrow"He convinces but I doubt that. I just oblige and take my shower after supper. Then I took my medication and lay on the bed again.

"Sleep bro! You really need a lot of rest! Less thinking "He coos whiles brushing my hair. An action similar to what Kylie did before leaving.

"Thanks Jace! Thanks for being here"I breathe out and he smiles.

"Rest"He states and goes back to sit on the couch. He stares pointedly at me and I close my eyes and suck in a deep breath. The memory resurfaces in my head and I try my best to forget it but it wouldn't disappear! It's tormenting  me! I hate it!!!

Flashback
Jace and I sauntered on the pavement leading to the infamous parking lot of the school. I was ecstatic because Kylie and I were going to meet up at our usual spot today.

"The flowers are gorgeous! I bet she would love them"Jace fondled with the petals of the yellow tulips in my hand. I smacked  his hand away.

"You'll ruin them"I straightened the petals and placed the bouquet on my motorcycle. Jace laughed

"Did I? Even if I did, you'll be able to afford a new bouquet! The floral shop is just two metres away from here"he taunted

"I used my last penny to buy this! I cannot afford another one until I'm able to raise money again"I stated grimly.
"You know I'll do anything for Kylie" a smile graced my lips when I said those words.

"I know! You have suffered a lot of heartbreaks"Jace stated and I sighed

"I need to go now! Kylie must be expecting me"

"I hope you have a great time! Mirabel and I would be at the restaurant tonight"Jace stated and I nodded.

"I know I would! Kylie is the best thing that could have ever happened to me"I assured him and he patted my back with a small smile.

I gulp as the memory continues to play.

"If anything happens, just call"Jace added and he walked briskly towards the restaurant. I hopped onto my motorcycle and placed my helmet on. Then I slotted the key into the ignition and took off like the speed of light.

I took sharp curves as I headed towards the spot where Kylie and I met for the first time. I felt my heart beating for her and I couldn't wait to spend the rest of the day with her. The wind blew past me as I maneuvered my way through the fleet of cars. I was desperate for this!

When I arrived, the place was empty. The clouds were darker which meant it was about to rain anytime soon. I searched around frantically for Kylie. Thinking she wanted to play with me and have fun.

"Kylie "I bellowed to the trees and my voice echoed throughout the entire woods.

"I know you're here Kylie! Come out sweetheart"I chuckled lightly and looked around. A drizzle settled on my nose as I headed towards the river where we had our first date together.

"Kylie! Babe"I hollered worriedly this time around wondering where she is. I couldn't trace her glossy black hair anywhere.

"Please come out sweetheart! You're freaking me out"I pleaded but there was no response. The wind just blew and I could hear the rumbles of thunder in the sky as it grew darker. Where is she? Did something happen to her?

I sat on the damp grass and placed the bouquet of tulips beside me.

Maybe she is just late. I thought.

I just sat there, staring at the sunset whiles I waited for Kylie.

Suddenly, I heard the rustling of leaves and turned around to check if she is the one.
"Kylie?"

Silence.

The wind got stronger and the poor leaves rustled even more. I deflated  and took my phone out of my pocket.

I called her on her phone but she didn't pick up. What was happening? I began to panic. I ran towards my motorcycle and hopped on it. Then I rode it back, towards the school.  I wasn't at ease at all as I thought about Kylie. I was extremely  worried about her. I hope she's safe!

I alighted the moment I got to the premises of the school. With quick, determined strides, I made it to her dorm. I was surprised to find her door slightly ajar when I got there.

My heart beat accelerates when I think of the next scene that shattered my heart.

"Kylie?"I whispered  and took a step into the room. The smell of her feminine cologne invaded  my nostrils and I smiled when I heard the splashing of water. It was no doubt that she was in the bathroom taking a shower. I held the tulips firmly in my hand as I slowly approached the door leading to the bathroom. 

Don't you think it's best for her to have her privacy? My subconscious mind scolded but I brushed it off because I was so curious. I wanted to open that door at all cost!

Open that door and you'll get slapped. My subconscious warned me and I wanted to say, would you please shut up?

"Enough already! Can I go now! Asher must be waiting"Kylie  said and I wondered who she was talking to.

"No no! Don't leave just yet"A male voice answered  and adrenaline surged through my veins. What the hell?

"I have to go now! It's getting late"Kylie scolded and I shivered lightly. What's going on?

Open the door! Open the damn door now!!! My subconscious instructed me and I grabbed the handle with my hands shaking slightly as I do.

Would you open it? A voice yelled  inside me and I did so. Shock gripped me and I was open mouthed, as I stared at the scene before me. This is not Kylie! Not my Kylie. Tears flooded my eyes as I watched her with the other guy in the shower. Her legs hooked around his waist with her glossy black hair sticking to her face.

I began to retreat slowly but then I accidentally  bumped into her bedside lamp and it fell with a loud noise causing attention. Kylie was stunned when she saw me at first but the guy had a smirk on to my surprise.  My knees suddenly felt weak and I wanted to beat the guy up so badly! Kylie pushed him aside quickly and grabbed a towel to cover her nakedness.

I made a head start towards the guy, ready to fling my fist  at him but she stopped me and I yanked her dirty hands off me.

"How could you?" I screamed on top of my lungs as I made an attempt to punch the guy. This time, it made an impact on his jaw and I was glad.  I can't believe she stood me up to make out with this guy!

"Asher! Please don't "Kylie stopped me again on my third attempt to beat up the guy and I retreated. Dave  chortled as Kylie continued to tame me.

"I cannot believe this!"I shouted.

I was highly disappointed. My heart was pounding so hard that I  dropped the tulips on the floor. My mind began racing! It was in complete chaos as I run my long slender fingers through it.

"I can't believe this Kylie! You and him?"I yelled raucously at her and she shivered lightly.

"You have to believe it! You saw it with your own eyes"Dave cackled.

My blood turned red hot.

"Shut up!"Kylie rebuked him.

"Asher I..."Kylie began nervously but I wasn't ready to listen! I sprinted towards the door, hot under collar!  My heart was as heavy as hell  as I rushed down  the  flight of stairs. Tears threatening to fall any moment.

"Asher! Wait"Kylie hollers but I don't halt. I feel so weak right now.  The scene I just saw has given me a seizure in a way. I couldn't think nor breathe properly! My body wasn't working the way it used to be before I saw that scene..

I strode as fast as I could  to the exit as tears flooded my eyes. I couldn't believe what I just saw  and heard! My heart was  shattering right now, at the same time, pounding against my ribcage as I thought about what just happened.

"Asher!!!" Kylie screeched behind me as she failed to catch up with me without having to slip. Her feet was wet and she was probably finding it difficult to walk but I didn't care anymore! I continued to strut, even faster towards the parking lot with my heart heavy as hell!

I reached my motorcycle and grabbed my helmet. Tears stinging my eyes as I'm broken right now.

"Asher wait!" Kylie shouted and I'm glued. She trudged towards me and stopped right in front of me, panting uncontrollably with her dark hair wet. Gosh! She was wet!

"Look! It is not what you think" she began and I huffed as tears made their way towards my dry cheeks.

"It is not what I think?! I saw it Kylie! There! In that building! You're wet!" I screeched but my voice broke  in the process and I hated it. It made  me look vulnerable.

"Asher please listen to me! I .....I didn't! It was for ...." She trailed off probably searching her mushy brain for an explanation.

"Just go! Go back and have fun with that guy! He suits you" I spat exasperatedly and more tears stream down my face.

"Asher" she said in almost a whisper and I put on my helmet. She watched me miserably as I climbed my motorcycle whiles begging me to listen but I had  had enough. I got out of there and headed  towards  my dorm with her standing there, watching me as I disappear.

____

"Asher! Asher! You okay?"Jace shakes my body violently and I'm snapped back to reality. I guess  I revisited the past.

"What happened?"I question Jace.

"What happened? What's happening to you?"he retorts and I sigh.

"I had a nightmare"I half lie. Well that scene is a nightmare for me.

Jace pats me on the back.
"Jace! Can you take me out for a while?"I plead and he doesn't look pleased about my request.

"I don't think that's a good idea! Your leg isn't healed yet"

"I know but please take me out! I really need some air"

"Okay"Jace replies reluctantly and helps me get out of bed with his arm around my waist.

"Thanks"I smile and he helps me walk out of the room. We walked through the hallway leading to the double doors that lead to the parking lot.

"You know I can get into serious trouble because of this"He whispers beside me whiles scanning around to find a nurse.

"You wouldn't"I drawl lazily and we slipped out of the double doors. I inhaled the night's air as we strolled down the lawn towards an empty bench.  We sat there and Jace helped in positioning my leg in a way that I'll feel less pain.

"How do you feel?"he asks

"Better"I run my hands through my hair as the memory replays in my head again. I can't forget it!

"Honestly, I thought you were going to apologise to Kylie"Jace states.

"No! She doesn't deserve my apology"I growl.

"What was the nightmare about?"He sits upright and looks directly into my eyes. It's a posture he often does when he sees that something is bothering me.

"I don't remember"I lie yet again and brush a few loose bangs out of my face.

"Are you lying to me?"Jace narrows his eyes at me. "You know I can tell when you're not being honest with me"he smirks

"I'm being honest"I insist. He shrugs lightly and gazes at the sky.

"Have you thought of falling in love again?"He asks, with his eyes fixated on the sky above.

"I haven't"I reply dryly.

"Why?"he looks me in the eyes yet again.

"I'm not ready to! It hurts to get your heart broken multiple times"I elaborate.

"You wouldn't give love another chance? Just one more?"he asks with a smile playing about his lips. My own lips tug upwards in amusement.

"Love!"I scoff disgustedly. I'm developing hatred for that word fast enough. "It doesn't exist"I state with a shrug. Jace is dumbstruck.

"It does"he retorts.

"I don't believe in it anymore!!!"I yell frustratedly.

"You're not giving it a chance?"Jace gazes at me with his puppy eyes, pleadingly.

"No! I have had enough! In fact, I'm fed up with it"

"What if love decides to give you a chance?"He asks and I've never thought of that.

"What if you find the right soul mate someday?"

"I'm never going to find the right soul mate! I don't think I have one on earth"I state bitterly and Jace looks cross.

"I know she is here and I can feel it"he states and I furrow my eyebrows in confusion.

"What are you talking about?"I ask, baffled.

"I sense it! She is here! Right here! With us"Jace closes his eyes and I think he is teleporting himself to the future.

"Huh?"I scratch my head.

"Asher"a familiar female voice calls and I freeze on the spot. I know that voice! I know it! Oh my God! It's not her! It's definitely not her! Jace is stunned when he sees the person behind me and I know it is her. I squeeze my eyes shut but her familiar sweet scent invades my nostrils and I cannot shut her out of my memory.

"Is everything alright?"she asks again.

"Errr"Jace stutters out. "What are you doing here Samantha?"he questions and my suspicions are right. It's her! My third ex girlfriend--Samantha Quinn!

"Why? Aren't you happy to see me?"Samantha questions incredulously.

"No! In fact, we are happy! We were just surprised! Have a seat" Jace gets up and offers his seat to her. I open my eyes and she is sitting right in front of me with a bemused expression on. Her jet black hair in thick  curls down her back and her infamous  blue-green eyes shimmering in the light as she gazes at me. She was beautiful to admit. She's grown prettier over the years.  I scan her outfit and she was clad in jeans and a turtleneck sweater.  I could see her breath leave her nostrils as she stares at me. I'm speechless and I can't think straight. Jace's words ring in my head.

"What if love decides to give you a chance?"He asks.

"What if you find the right soul mate someday?" 

"I know she is here and I can feel it"he states and I furrow my eyebrows in confusion.

"What are you talking about?"I ask, baffled.

"I sense it! She is here! Right here! With us"Jace closes his eyes. Is Samantha the one? Or Jace was talking about someone else.

"Ooh! What happened to your knee?"Samantha says whisking me out of my train of thoughts.

"I fell on the pitch"I state simply and she gasps.

"You still play soccer?"she asks and I realise how much I've missed her voice.

"Yeah"a smile makes its way onto my face.

"I think I should go! I'll be around if you need me "Jace waves us before dashing towards our dorm.

"The injury doesn't look good but I'm ecstatic to know that you didn't give up on your dreams"She rattles and I smile yet again.

"What brings you here?"I question curiously.

"I ... I came to have a course here! I know I'm probably late but as long as I get to study, it's not a big deal"She gushes.

"Oh"I state in bewilderment.

"Yeah and I actually arrived today! I came out to get some air and I saw you!"She brightens up quickly. "I know our last encounter in the past was a painful one but I decided to make things right again"

I smirk. "I admire your bravery"
Her smile widens.  The air is awkward between us now.

"I don't know if you would accept this but..."she  begins tensely and I nod for her to continue. "I want us to be friends! Just friends. Deal?"

I just sit there stupefied by her suggestion. I never thought of Samantha coming back to make peace and befriend me again.

"Sure"I offer her a kind smile and she giggles.

" I thought you wouldn't accept it but thanks for giving me another chance Asher!!!"She exclaims and hugs me.
I remember Jace's earlier statement again.

"You wouldn't give love another chance? Just one more?"

" look, I really wanted to apologise to you like  a hundred freaking times for what happened"she rattles.

"Don't be so hard on yourself Samantha! We all know that it wasn't your fault that night"I console her.

" I promise you, that I will not disappoint you this time around!" Samantha assures and I gulp.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

81 0 31
A typical bad-boy good-girl story... right? Tiffany Davenport has endured a rough upbringing, abused by her parents and fleeing home as a teenager. H...
2.2M 52.7K 39
[COMPLETE!] "My best friend's brother grew up. Hot." Alexis is months from finishing college and starting a fashion label in New York. Years of plann...
517K 11.1K 37
| 𝟭𝟲𝘅 𝗙𝗘𝗔𝗧𝗨𝗥𝗘𝗗 · [EDITORS' CHOICE -- NOVEMBER 2020] [ONC 2020 Winner] Two strangers on separate trains, divided by uncaring glass. A bond...
2.7M 72.5K 40
"You okay there, partner?" he chuckled. Our bodies were centimeters away from touching so I took a step back. A fatal mistake, which caused my back t...