I'm Fine

Oleh JLB_18

{IN NEED OF HEAVY EDITING} Asha grew up with a verbally abusive mother that constantly put her older sister a... Lebih Banyak

Part 1: Chapter 2
Part 1: Chapter 3
Part 1: Chapter 4
Part 1: Chapter 5
Part 1: Chapter 6
Part 1: Chapter 7
Part 1: Chapter 8
Part 1: Chapter 9
Part 1: Chapter 10
Part 1: Chapter 11
Part 1: Chapter 12
Part 1: Chapter 13
Part 1: Chapter 14
Part 1: Chapter 15
Part 1: Chapter 16
Part 1: Chapter 17
Part 1: Chapter 18
Part 1: Chapter 19
Part 1: Chapter 20
Part 1: Chapter 21
Part 1: Chapter 22
Part 1: Chapter 23
Part 1: Chapter 24
Part 2: Chapter 25
Part 2: Chapter 26
Part 2: Chapter 27
Part 2: Chapter 28
Part 2: Chapter 29
Part 2: Chapter 30
Part 2: Chapter 31
Part 2: Chapter 32
Part 2: Chapter 33
Part 2: Chapter 34
Part 2: Chapter 35
Part 2: Chapter 36
Part 2: Chapter 37
Part 2: Chapter 38
Part 2: Chapter 39
Part 2: Chapter 40
Part 2: Chapter 41
Part 2: Chapter 42
Part 2: Chapter 43
Part 2: Chapter 44
Part 2: Chapter 45
Part 2: Chapter 46
Part 2: Chapter 47
Part 2: Chapter 48
Part 2: Chapter 49
Part 3: Chapter 50
Part 3: Chapter 51
Part 3: Chapter 52
Part 3: Chapter 53
Part 3: Chapter 54
Part 3: Chapter 55
Part 3: Chapter 56
Part 3: Chapter 57
Part 3: Chapter 58
Part 3: Chapter 59
Part 3: Chapter 60
Part 3: Chapter 61
Part 3: Chapter 62
Part 3: Chapter 63
Part 3: Chapter 64
New Book!!
Rage

Part 1: Chapter 1

36.1K 911 286
Oleh JLB_18

I quickly checked the time and it was only 7:05. I inwardly laughed at practically waking up only a few minutes before my alarm. I slept so hard that I thought I was running late for school. I dragged my feet over the side of my bed and stood up on my tippy toes, raising my arms up to the sky for a good stretch.

I made my way to the bathroom and turned on the shower before quickly shedding my clothes and hopping in. I was out in five minutes. I wrapped my towel around my body and walked over to the sink to brush my teeth.

Once done, I finally looked in the mirror for the first time, not caring for the reflection that stared back at me. I took my bonnet off and watched as an array of coils framed my face. I was regretting not doing my hair last night. I sighed out in frustration and made haste in putting my hair in a sleek pineapple on top of my head. I did my edges and put on some chapstick.

Now the big task is finding something to wear that I will feel comfortable in for my first day of junior year at a new school. I was previously going to a school a few miles down the road but my mom felt it best that I go to the same school as Kennedy, so I was enrolled there. I had no say, and it's not like I had friends or anyone that I would miss.

After trying on four pairs of jeans, I opted for some grey joggers, a matching grey t-shirt and some all white Nike shoes. I grabbed my bag before going downstairs. I passed Kennedy's room and she was blasting music. I rolled my eyes.

"Finally, you're up," my mom said while rummaging through a stack of papers on the kitchen table. She looked up at me, gave me a once over, and rolled her eyes.

"Where Kennedy?" She asked. I didn't respond. She continued to flip through some papers before she found what she was looking for. Not long after, Kennedy came into the kitchen. She brushed past me.

"Good mornin' Kennedy. I made you some breakfast."

"Mornin' mama," she said back. I watched as she walked over to the stove and picked up a piece of bacon. Not really caring, I made my way to the front door. "Asha, where you going?"

"School," I said back. I shut the front door behind me and walked into the cool breeze. It was still cool out but the spring weather was gradually coming in. The busses don't start running until tomorrow so I had to walk. Luckily, the school wasn't too far.

.........

"Ah, you must be Asha," an older petite woman said to me as I walked into the front office.

"Yes, that's me." I shook her hand and she told me her name was Mrs. Brown.

"Here is your schedule. I know you had some transfer credits from your previous school and it seems as if you're actually a little bit ahead of your year. That's impressive."

She gave me a warm smile and I returned it with one of my own. She also gave me my locker number as well as the combination and she provided me with a map of the school.

"Do you need help with getting around today?" She asked.

"No I'll be fine."

"Okay dear. Have a great day." I just nodded in return and made my way out of the front office. I looked at the map closely to try and find the restrooms. I spotted one down the hall and made my way to it. A couple of girls pushed open the door as soon as I got to it. I slid out of the way as they exited without such as a glance my way.

I walked into the restroom and examined myself in the mirror. My face was a little flushed, no doubt from my walk here. I made sure I didn't have any sweat stains and that my edges were still intact. Once I was satisfied, I started looking for my locker. The halls were filled and it was a little overwhelming, but I kept my head down and weaved in and out of people, mumbling "excuse me" every so often.

I finally made it to my locker that was on the third floor and across the courtyard. There was an elevated walkway that connected one half of the school to the other, so I didn't even have to walk outside to reach the other side. If I'm reading correctly, I think this side is only for juniors and seniors.

I paused when I saw a group of people standing in front of my locker. I mentally cringed at possibly having to interact with them.

I just stood there for the longest time contemplating what to do until I decided to just say screw it and get it over with.

"Excuse me," I mumbled.

One of the guys turned to me.

"We in yo way?" I just nodded my head and pointed at the locker he was directly in front of.

"My bad." He literally moved just outside the frame of my locker and continued his conversation. There was a clear line to my locker, but they all remained around it talking. I ignored how uncomfortbale I was and went to open my locker.

"You must be new," a girl said getting my attention. I slightly looked around me before turning in her direction to make sure she was talking to me.

"Me?" I asked.

"Yeah. We hardly get transfers throughout the school year." Unfortunately for me, second semester started a little over a month ago and I am officially the new girl here. I hate being the new girl.

"What year are you?" she continued.

"Junior," I stated before putting my bag in the locker and grabbing a few notebooks and pencils.

"Like, I was saying, what time is Brandon's party?" Another girl spoke up rolling her eyes. I hurriedly closed my locker before walking away.

I walked back down the hall I came from and pulled out my map. I tried my hardest to find my first class. It was confusing as hell, especially since I didn't know which wing I was in.

'Fuck,' I cursed to myself when I heard the bell ring. Anyone would know that that first bell means you only have a few minutes to get to class before you are late.

There were so many people scurrying through the halls, pushing and shoving. It was hard not to get lost in the crowd. I made it to what looked like the hall I was supposed to be on. The first room should have been 320, but It was 335. I have to go to room 315 but there was no 315.

I looked around to see if I could ask someone for help but the halls were completely deserted. Then I heard that dreadful second bell. I'm screwed.

I wasn't sure if they forgot to update the map or what, but room 315 just so happened to be the only classroom that wasn't where it was supposed to be. The room that was in place of 315 was being renovated or something. 

"Aye, you need help?" I looked in the direction the voice was coming from and nodded.

"You must be new. I ain't seen you before." He walked up to me and I got engulfed in his cologne. It smelled so good. It was like the right amount, it wasn't too strong but you could clearly smell it if he passed by you or if he was standing next to you, like he was to me now.

He ran a hand over his waves as he looked at my schedule. He looked from it, then down at me and smiled, showing a set of perfect teeth. I looked away so fast.

"I just came from there. I can show you." I just nodded my head again.

He walked in front of me and I couldn't help but to admire his body. He was tall, very tall. But almost everyone was taller than me since I was barely 5'2. He had to be at least 6'2. He also had a nice build.

We got to a room that had a sign on it that read, "this will be room 315 for the rest of the semester." I mumbled a thank you when he opened the door for me. I was greeted by a sea of eyes.

"Cairo, what are you doing here?" the teacher asked. I guess his name is Cairo.

"Ms. Evans I just came in here to drop off one of your students. I found her in the halls. She was lost." Ms. Evan's eyes landed on me and I gave a shy smile.

"Oh right. You must be Asha." She extended her hand and I shook it. "I'm sorry about that. I thought the front office would have told you about the renovation. I won't count you late today since it was a miscommunication on our part."

"Ok."

"Is there an empty desk somewh-oh, there you go." She pointed to a desk and I quickly made my way to it. Since everyone was still staring, I put my head down when I got to my chair.

I only looked up when Ms. Evans continued her lecture. I'm glad she didn't make me introduce myself. I grabbed one of my notebooks and started taking notes. This is going to be a long semester.
......

I hope you liked the first chapter. It gets better, I promise.

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

125K 5K 36
"I've never done this before," She said, hands covering her exposed breast in the dark room. The only light that had been shining was coming from the...
1.8K 196 55
Got bored and wanted to write a story. 💕 Nerdy, quiet, and shy Niecey is dreading going to school today. She doesn't know that she will meet a perso...
8.7K 324 25
*PLEASE COMMENT AND VOTE* Simone is another victim of the system who ran from foster home to foster home, due to the mistakes of her mother and fathe...
75.6K 2.9K 82
He straightens his posture, his tone is even, voice calm and his eyes soften. "If," he raises a finger at me, slows his speech slightly and enunciate...