BECOMING HUMAN

By KawaiiExpertise

Aurora has been an orphan her entire life with no clue of who she really is and where she came from. Aurora h... More

CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 32
CHAPTER 33
CHAPTER 34
CHAPTER 35
CHAPTER 36
CHAPTER 37
CHAPTER 38
CHAPTER 39
CHAPTER 40
CHAPTER 41
CHAPTER 42
CHAPTER 43
CHAPTER 44 (ANNOUNCEMENTS AT THE END!)
CHAPTER 45
CHAPTER 46
CHAPTER 47
CHAPTER 48
CHAPTER 50
CHAPTER 51
CHAPTER 52
CHAPTER 53
CHAPTER 54
CHAPTER 55
CHAPTER 56
CHAPTER 57
CHAPTER 58
CHAPTER 59

CHAPTER 49

25 2 10
By KawaiiExpertise

Arriving home, Jungkook saw that Logan was present. He didn't feel the need to question why he was here, but the atmosphere felt pretty grim.

"Is everything okay?" The AI asked, settling his jacket on the coat rack.

"...yeah. Just splendid." Logan muttered. Getting up from the couch, he ran his hand through his hair and grumbled. "Honestly, I'm not in a good head space right now."

Jungkook looked around the apartment, wondering where Aurora was. "...and why is that?"

Shaking his head, Logan sighed. "I don't think you'd understand the seriousness of what happened tonight."

Anxious, the AI approached the male, becoming persistent. "Did something happen to my master?"

Exhaling, Logan glanced in the direction of the hallway. "Yeah."

Jungkook's eyes followed his. He hurried to Aurora's room, opening the door. She wasn't there. Checking the bathroom, he realized the door was locked.

"She's fine, Jungkook, but, if you want to find out anything, it's best to speak to her. She doesn't want me telling you anything, so I have to respect that."

"Why?" Jungkook asked angrily. "Did someone hurt her?"

Scoffing, the male folded his arms. "Like I said, if you want to find out anything, speak to her."

Furrowing his eyebrows, Jungkook refocused on the door and knocked. "Master, it's me, please let me in."

Aurora opened the door and peeked, looking up at him.

"Hey..."

"What happened?" Jungkook asked. "Logan isn't telling me anything and said I should speak to you."

"Is he still here?"

"Yeah, he's in the living room. Why?"

"If she wants, I can leave and come back later."

"No," Opening the door wider she peered around the corner to see Logan. "It's fine. I'd like to speak to Jungkook alone though. I'll go to my room."

"If you need anything, I'll be next door. I gotta prepare for tomorrow."

"Okay."

As Logan left, Aurora and Jungkook went to her room to talk.

Shutting the door behind him, the AI noticed Aurora's body language was different. She seemed more distant than welcoming. "Master..." Jungkook began. "...please, tell me what is going on. Why are you and Logan acting strange?"

Aurora inhaled sharply. "Jungkook, I was—" The tomboy was stunned to see the AI standing near the door with a gloomy expression. "I...I was attacked by one of Logan's friends, tonight."

"What?" Jungkook's eyes lit with anger. "What did they do?"

Aurora didn't want to go through explaining everything that happened once again with Jungkook, but the AI kept insisting that she told him.

"He grabbed up on me...kissed me...bit into my neck..." Aurora winced at the thought. She could still feel Devon's strong hand gripping her body as she pleaded for him to stop.

"Who did this to you?" Jungkook questioned indignantly. "How does he look?"

Aurora shook her head. "Logan already took care of him, Jungkook...don't worry about it."

Marching and stopping in front of the girl, Jungkook asked, "What do you mean, he took care of it?"

"He...dealt with him." Aurora closed her eyes and looked away. "He already put him in his place, so there's no need to engage any further with him."

Hearing her door open, Aurora's eyes darted to see Jungkook leaving the room. She followed him out, seeing that he grabbed his jacket and put on his shoes, heading out.

"W-Where are you going?!" Aurora yelped, following his trail.

Jungkook banged on Logan's door.

Logan breathed heavily, and answered the door. "Yes, what is it, Jungkook?"

"Where is he."

Arching an eyebrow, Logan peered over Jungkook's shoulder to look at Aurora. She seemed to be a bit scared by how the AI was acting.

"Listen, Jungkook. The matter was already handled. I doubt that it'd make any sense to go back and—" Logan's eyes locked with Jungkook's. He looked pretty intense, and not in the mood for any games.

"Where is he? How does this guy look? And where is he now?"

"Ah..." Logan muttered. "He's most likely still with my other friends...not that I'd really call them that, at this point."

"How does he look?"

Impatient, Logan rolled his eyes. "Jungkook, are you seriously thinking of going to find this guy? Do you know what they could do to you if they find out that you're an android?"

"When it comes to the safety of my master, my life will be put on the line to protect her." Jungkook argued.

"Well today's your lucky day because I took your spot for you. You don't have to go and act reckless over everything that happens to her. I'm here for her too, okay? So, calm down."

Jungkook balled his fists. "...Devon must have been the one who was bleeding near the theater."

Logan and Aurora's eyes widened.

"Y-You saw us fighting?" Logan gawked.

"No...but I was walking by when I heard a commotion. But then I had gotten a phone call from my boss."

"Jungkook..." Aurora began. "...what were you even doing over there?"

Jungkook realized that he had allowed his anger to make him say too much. He wasn't ready to confess to Aurora about his relationship with Aisha. "I...I just wanted to be sure that you were safe...but I ended up seeing a movie there, too."

"I thought you had work, though?" Aurora frowned.

"I did, but I was able to take care of what I needed to before leaving."

Not buying the AI's story, Logan folded his arms are gave him an insensitive glare. "What movie did you see?"

"Midnight Shadows." Jungkook replied.

Logan and Aurora looked at each other.

"And you went to go see a movie like that, on your own?" Logan queried. "You don't seem like the romantic type."

"You'd be surprised what you learn about an individual."

Technically, you're not real. Logan thought.

"Stop changing the subject. I know that the guy who you beat up is the one who did it. I heard him shout your name while I was on the phone."

Logan balled his fists. "That bastard...he just can't keep his mouth shut, even when in the face of danger."

"That being said, I request that you tell me where I could find him, so that I could deal with him appropriately, and effectively."

"You really don't want to meet him, Jungkook." Logan countered.

"I agree," Aurora added. "Just leave it be...there's no point in making this situation any more problematic than it already is..." Walking back inside, Aurora went to her bed.

Jungkook lowered his head in shame. He wasn't there to protect Aurora, and now she's hurting.

How could I be so careless? He wondered.

Perhaps being in a relationship would prove to be more of a hindrance than help Jungkook grow.

Logan patted Jungkook on the shoulder, commending him for his efforts in wanting to protect his girlfriend. "But, honestly Jungkook. Between you and I, my friends are not normal, and they can hurt you in many ways if they find out that you're a machine, and is the property of Aurora. Devon is no joke and is capable of doing bats— crazy things, if given the opportunity to."

"I can't bear knowing that horrible things happen to my master and I'm not there for her..."

Pursing his lips, Logan backed away. "You'll learn one day that sometimes no matter how hard you try; you'll never be able to protect the ones you love 24/7...I should know." Resting his hand on his door knob, Logan continued. "Well...I'll probably come back in a bit. But right now, I need to clear my mind and prepare for tomorrow. Another long day and back to the grind."

"Right..."

Once Logan closed his door, Jungkook listened carefully to make sure he wasn't near the entrance anymore.

"So, his name is Devon, huh?"

Pulling out his phone, Jungkook checked the time. Sliding it back in his pocket, Jungkook shut their apartment door, and exhaled.

"I'm sorry... but I'm not letting this go."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.9K 625 25
"i'm not what you think i am, and when you find out, you won't want this." "how 'bout you let me decided that for myself, baby girl." a lawyer with a...
5K 184 20
Abandoned at seven, twelve year-old Y/n has tried numerous times to escape the cruel orphanage. Every time she tried, she got dragged back. The orpha...
356K 23.7K 49
Min Yoongi is the perfect 19 year old son. Raised with an overly religious family, he is planned to follow his father's wishes by becoming a priest...
78.3K 4.3K 40
[Completed] Kim Seokjin has grown up in a orphanage and after a lots of difficulties, now he is an famous event manager. Jeon Jungkook is very rich...