Best Friend's Lover

By DrippingFantasies_

Feelings come whenever they feel, no time limit or warning. Sometimes those feelings can become chaotic , sti... More

Cast
1. Family Issues
2. They Don't Know
3. Tutoring ?
4. The Nerve
5. On the Low
6. A Bunch of BS
7. First Session
8. Progress
9. Livid or Digusted?
10. Morning Drama
11. Connecting too Well
12. Party Dramatics
13. You've been Distant
14. Not Me
15. Wasting Time
16. Harsh
17. I Miss You
18. Body Shots
19. Cant Keep Doing This
20. Thanksgiving Brawl
21. Breaking Point
22. The Truth is Gonna Come Out
23. Relationship Probs
24. Winter Ball pt.1
25. Winter Ball pt.2
26. A Bitch is Blocked
27. Christmas Day
28. Christmas Day Pt.2
29. Talk
30. Disloyalty
31. Mixed Emotions
32. Exposed
33.
34. Prom Proposal
35. The lake
36. Talk About What?
37. Birthday Celebration
38. Arguments
39. He trippin'
40. Crossing Boundaries
41. Shopping Trip
42. Prom
43. Its Always Something
44. I didnt know how to tell you
47. Date night
48. Ronnie
49. Talking to an Angel
50. Final Goodbyes
51. Its okay to not be okay
52. Last day
53. Tapes
54. The Tour
55. Stay the night?
56. Who's this?
1. First Day (Pt.2)
2. Things Change (PT.2)
3.Sneaking Out (Pt.2)
4. Regular Days (Pt. 2)
5. Peeped (Pt.2)
6. Spending time (Pt.2)
7. Spending Time (PT. 2)
8. Ice Pack (Pt.2)
9. Do Not Disturb (PT. 2)
10. We Won (Pt.2)
11. Meeting the new sibling (Pt.2)
12. Nothing Matters (Pt.2)
13. Let loose (Pt.2)
14. Chillin (Pt.2)
15. Dumber and Dumber (Pt.2)
16. Who couldve did it? (Pt.2)
17. You've been blowing me
18. I'll regret it later (Pt.2)
19. Broken (Pt.2
20. Let It Go (Pt.2)
21. Big Brawl (Pt.2)
22. In a Tight Space (Pt.2)
23. Suspended?
24. Im disappointed
25. Yall Just Kissed... (PT.2)
26. Im not ready (PT.2)
26. Coming to my senses (Pt.2)
27. Prom preparation (Pt.2)
28. No Need To Thank Me (Pt.2)
29. Will You Go To Prom With me?
30. Closure (PT.2)
31. Walking Temptation (PT.2)
32. Making Amends (Pt.2)
33. Final Goodbyes
My Peace
New Book!

Epiloque

991 56 32
By DrippingFantasies_

7 years later....

Julian

Spinning around in the office chair, it felt good to have authority. "Sit his case files on my desk, I'll check them tomorrow", I instructed my assistant who did as told. Once she left out the room, I looked through the file shaking my head. These domestic violence investigations are getting worse by the minute and it hurt my heart that women and children went through this. The thought of something like this happening to my wife and keys, makes my stomach hurt.

Standing outside my office, I used my key to lock it. I twisted the door knob making sure it's secure and I made my way towards my car. "Bye, Mr.Kingston" the lady at the front desk said as I have her a quick head nod. I was rushing home since tonight is family night and I knew my wife would kill me for being a second late. It's a special night for the both of us since our lives are so hectic during the week, we don't get much time to spend with the kids.

My phone rung and Noah's name popped up on the screen. Shaking my head, I pressed the green button, knowing it's finna be some bullshit. "Yes Noah" I said in a uninterested voice, he always has something going on.

   "Is that any way to greet your little brother" he questioned in offense. "You got something going on tonight" he asked, as I sighed loudly.

   "What do you want, my nigga" I asked in irritation, wishing he would get to the point instead of beating around the bush.

  "Can you take my girl and I to the movies" I laughed as he huffed at my reaction. "Where dad and Neenan at" I asked hoping one of them could take him. I've been working all day and playing Uber driver isn't one of the plans for tonight.

   "Why can't you just invite her to the house" I asked as he had an attitude on the other side of the phone. "I use to just invite my girl in high school over and we watch movies at the house".

    "Yes I remember, I was there" Noah responded. "I don't have no money anyways, so maybe it's for the best".

    I scrunched up my face. "So how the fuck was you gone pay for the movie" the line got quiet for a minute, the only heard was his breathing.

   "I was hoping you'd pay for me and her" instead of responding, I hung up the phone not bothering to answer as he called back. It's night and I wasn't in the mood for his dramatics. He always wanted to go somewhere but never had a dime to his name. He never ask for the money in advance, the boy love waiting till' the day of.

      After parking my car, I grabbed my briefcase and pressed the button on the car keys to lock the door. Walking inside the house, the fresh smell of spaghetti filled my nostrils, making a smirk appear on my face. "Daddy" Kenya and Kennedy screamed with wide smiled on their face. These are my two bundle of joys and they are the best thing that ever happened to me. I never saw myself being a family man or even marrying somebody. "Hey my little sunshines" I greeted the both of them, hugging them tightly. "What y'all doing" I asked as they started naming stuff off the top of their head.

  "I'm painting another picture for the wall" Kennedy said as I looked at the evidence on her clothing. Drips of paint stained her plain grey shirt and her leggings. Her hair was in a small bun, so her curls won't distract her concentration.

   Kenya has dirt on her legs, meaning she's been outside. "I'm practicing my throws and catches" she said holding her mitt in her hand. She played softball and she's quite good at it. She loved sports and always found interest in trying out different ones, every new season. It costs us a lot money but it's worth it for something she loves doing.

     "I can't wait to see the painting and imma come see your progress". I responded to the both of them.

   They both ran off to finish their hobbies, leaving to go visit my wife in the kitchen. "Hey babe" I greeted , giving her a kiss on the cheek. Peyton wrapped her arms around me, and kissing my on the lips. We stayed in the position for a minute as I took in the smell of her sweet perfume. "It smells amazing in here" I complimented as she smirked proudly, scooping some of the sauce on the spoon. I opened my mouth and she poured some in as I groaned in satisfaction. "This sauce is amazing".

  "I know, it's new recipe, I found on Pinterest" she said doing a victory dance. "So I picked out some games for us to play. We got the board games, cheater monopoly, Life, scrabble, and Clue" she named all the options, games I haven't touched in years.

    "I'm surprised they still sell those" I said and she nodded in agreement, going in the cabinet to take out the plates. "Yeah, I wanted to do something that doesn't involve phones. I feel like sometime we're to consumed in social media and I don't want my kids thinking that's the only way to have fun is making videos and being in drama".

    "That's fine, we can start after we eat dinner and shower" I said, taking the plates out of her hands.

   "Julian, I can fix our food, I'm sure you've had a long day at work" she said with a slight pout on her face.

   "You had to work to. I'll fix our plates and the kids can fix their own plates"I said as she sighed in defeat not bothering to go back and forth with me. "Thanks Ju" she said giving me a kiss on the cheek and sitting at the island, watching me.

    "It's kinda creepy with you watching me" I joked as she giggled, blushing.

  "I can't admire my husband" she rolled her neck, playfully rolling her eyes.

   "You can admire me anytime you want, I'm yours" I reminded her and she smiled. "Ewwwwww" I heard little voices rang out as Kennedy and Kenya came in the kitchen, covering their ears. "Lalalalalalalalalala" Kenya chanted, washing her hands as I made kissy noises to purposely annoy them.

"Y'all ready for game night" the both of nodded eagerly.

Kennedy rubbed her hands together, smiling mischievously. "Lets make a bet" she said , catching all our attention. Peyton and I looked at each other, listening. "Whoever loses all the games had to the laundry and dishes for the next two weeks".

"It would be real funny if you didn't win" Kenya responded, shaking her sister's hand, confirming the deal.

"I'm down" Peyton said looking at me. "I'm cool with it".

We all sat at the dining room, talking about our day. "I love you, you all mean the world to me and don't you ever doubt that" I blurted out randomly. Which isn't anything new, it's a habit I developed when they were first born.

"I love you to, daddy" Kennedy responded first with a wide smile.

Kenya had her mouth full, holding up her finger telling me to wait. "I love you to".

"I love youuuu" Peyton dragged out as we all laughed at her being dramatic.

-

Natalie

       "Lou, where are we going" I asked for the millionth time starting to catch a attitude. Instead of answering he kept his eyes on the road, huffing in annoyance as I was closed to knocking him upside the head. "Little boy, don't get slapped" I threatened as he stopped at a red light and gave me a side eye.

   "We both know ain't nun' bout me little, sweetheart" he winked and after a moment of silence, we looked at each other cracking up. "Seriously though, calm down. I promise you gone like it, sit back and relax".

    "Lo-" he cut me off, turning up the radio, I flicked the middle finger up at him and faced the window. "Love you babe" he yelled over the music and gave me a air kiss. I rolled my eyes trying not the smile, it's hard to keep an attitude around him. I just wasn't in the mood to be bothered, I wanted my bed. Being a journalist by day and teaching a dance class at night is fun but draining at the same. I wouldn't change it for the world though.

"Love you to" I mumbled, crossing my arms. My eyes danced at the surroundings in confusion, scrunching up my face. The grass is freshly cut, a bright green, and much space to run around. We rolled up a long driveways as I simply sat back admiring the scenery. I wanted to question Louis badly but I decided against it. It's obvious he has something up his sleeve so imma let everything run it's course.

I furrowed my eyebrows seeing other cars in the driveway, Aubrey and Nathan's car caught my eye. Pursuing my lips together, I took off seat belt as he stopped the car. He opened the trunk, taking out a total of three suitcases.

The fuck?

Following behind him, he took out a key to the mini mansion, unlocking it. The inside revealed itself and I almost fainted. The interior design is amazing, it has a black and white color scheme. In the downstairs area, there's a big sun room, a living room, and total of five rooms. Upstairs it's a loft and a million other rooms that occupied the space.

"Surprise" he said as I rushed over to hug him. "We're spending the next two weeks here, with our friends and family" he continued as we walked down the long away, turning the corner to the balcony.

"Thank you so much" I genuinely said with a wide smile. I felt bad for being such a whiny asshole in the car. I pulled him to me, giving him a hug and a kiss on the cheek. "This is so thoughtful" I'm truly in shock because no one has done anything like this for me. It amazed me how Louis does anything to keep a smile on my face. If I'm having a bad day, he always found a way to make things ten times better.

He left his hands on my waist, pecking my lips. "I know you've been stressed out and I'm supposed to be that escape. We been coming home, stressed not spending much time together so I planned us a little getaway.", he leaned down in my ear. "The best part is that the rooms are sound proof", I smirked at that information. At the moment the only thing I wanted was to take him to the room but I had plenty of time to do that.

  "I'm finna take the bags to room, everybody outside", I nodded, sliding the balcony door open. Everyone sat on a beach chair or in the pool enjoying the cool water. "WHATS UP, PEEPS" I yelled as they all got hyped seeing me face. Aubrey and Nadia ran up to me, giving a kiss on the cheek. "I haven't seen y'all in forever" I poured looking at the both of them. They still looked the same from high school, even the personalities.

"I know I missed y'all crazy asses" Nadia said as Aubrey hummed in agreement.

"Being an adult is so damn hectic" Aubrey threw as we all nodded.

The three of us went our separate ways but never lost touch. Aubrey went to college and medical school to get her degree to become a doctor, she's been doing amazing. Nadia ended up becoming a social media influencer, has her own talk show known for spreading positive and speaking on the issues of society. Even though our schedule is kinda hectic, it never caused a drift in our friendship.

"Sisterrrrrrr" Nathan dragged my name out, grabbing my attention. "Hey, bro" we dapped each other up and had a little side hug.

"Y'all popping bottles already" I asked seeing the shot glass in his hand.

"You already know" he smirked as I followed him to the table. Jeremy was pouring up shots for everyone, passing them out. "What's poppin Nat" Jeremy greeted, giving me a high five.

"Nothing much" I replied as he handed me the shot , I wasted no time throwing it back. Feeling the burning sensation down my throats, I coughed a little bit, sitting down to catch my breath. "This a little strong" I managed to get out as Louis joined us. Him and I were sharing a beach chair, I laid on top of him as he rubbed my sides, in a calming manner while keeping up a conversation with the boys.

"It's time to get this party started" Nathan said winking at Louis for confirmation. I looked between them in confusion as Nadia rushed to hook her phone up the Bluetooth speaker on a chair. I poured me another shot, standing up preparing for some Meghan thee stallion, or just something upbeat to match my energy.

Moment of honesty , someones gotta take the lead tonight

Who's it gonna be?

I'm gonna seat right here and tell you what comes to me

My face held nothing but pure confusion as the lights randomly dimmed out of nowhere. The vibe shifted instantly and I turned around seeing Nathan holding a bouquet of roses, Jeremy giving me a bag of candies, Aubrey handing me a two bags with the logo saying Louis Vuitton. I put down the gifts trying to hold in tears but me being so emotional, that's a challenge in itself. Nadia smiled, hanging me a folded up piece paper and a pen. "What's this" I questioned unfolding it.

"Just read it" she said softly.

Dear Natalie Wins,

We started off with a successful friendship but we both know there were deeper feelings deep down. Our bond is amazing and it built a strong foundation for us in the long run. Before we started to make things official, as friends I always knew you would be my end game and look where we're at. You make me the happiest man alive from the beautiful smile you process, that wonderful personality, and the drive to always keep a smile on my face. I've been trying to plan the right way to present this to you for months , almost a year. You are my sunshine, the motivation that I need everyday to keep going.

I'm ready to put a ring on your finger. I wanna call you my wife and I wanna be your husband. I'm ready to start a family and start our legacy together.

Now it's time to pop the question....

P.S : I wrote this because I want you to have it forever and secondly I would've been stuttering like a mofo lmao. My punk ass cried why writing this and you better no read this part out loud. Okay, now I'm finna say the question.

Will you marry me?

I laughed seeing , check the box yes or no. It reminded of ones of those notes from elementary school that you passed to your crush. It was dead silence, I heard someone clear their throat. Turning around, Louis was on one knee looking anxious. My eyes full of tears, I sniffled, wasting no time to check the, yes option. Instead of saying it out loud, I folded it back up passing to Jeremy so he could pass it to him. He snatched it out of Jeremy's almost ripping the paper trying to open it so fast.

Aubrey and Nadia damn near broke their neck trying to see my answer. "SHE SAID YES" Louis jumped up, running to me, opening the velvet black box with the big diamond inside.

I held out my hand as he slid on the engagement ring. I smiled in the camera that Nathan used the record this moment. "You propose win in looking like a bum off the street" I joked as he hugged me. "You look sexy when you come home from a long day of work, on your grown woman shit" he growled in my ear, making instant waterfalls form, my sex drive with him is at his highest. Him simply saying my name made me horny and him talking to me about nothing could turn me on. His touch is just a extra bonus, and that thick long treasure of his.

"Listen nigga, that's still my sister man" Nathan reminded him as we all laughed at him.

"MY BEST FRIEND GETTING MARRIED" Aubrey yelled.

"AHHHHHHH" Nadia yelled loudly, dancing in her seat.

"Congrats man" Jeremy and Nathan said to Louis pouring up some more shots, it's clear that the plans are to get wasted, which I didn't mind.

Louis and I became a thing in our third year of college. We were friends for the longest and it gave us time to get over our inner demons before committing to each other. Even as friends people thought we were already together, we hung out twenty-four seven, always seen together. We tried dating other people, but it never worked out in our favor. Everyone I dated, I found myself comparing them to him. After a date I'll be looking froward to spending the weekend at Louis's apartment.

Our bond is on a different level and I don't regret waiting all those years until we finally made things official. It took me awhile to get over Julian because I really thought we would last but just cause you love someone, doesn't mean your guaranteed to last forever. I knew it would take me some time to get over that and I didn't wanna string Louis along. He's a good guy and I truly wanted to be with him when I was in a better headspace.

   I thought our friendship would fade after graduating high school but it didn't. We kept in touch on daily basis , always checking up on each other. It's amazing how things played out and never thought I would meet my lover the way I did.

       "I love you so fucking much" I said leading him back inside.

   "Ahhh shit, they finna go fuck" someone whispered as I rolled my eyes at their ignorance but they weren't exactly incorrect either.

   "I love you to, Natalie" he replied, looking into my eyes making me break out into a smile.

   "Bet you can't beat me to the room" I challenged as he raised an eyebrow at me. "One , two , three, go" I said sprinting off, leaving him dumbfounded.

  "That's cheating" I heard him say as he rushed upstairs behind me. "Girl, you don't even know where the room is", I really didn't but I wasn't gonna let him know that. I took a quick look in ever room, trying to see any sign of a suitcase.

-

    Imma shed a tear y'all 😭😭.

  This is really the end .... I'm thankful to everyone who's read this book. It hurts me to end it because I love this characters so much.

    Thanks for being on this journey with me and I hope y'all can stick around for my books in the future.❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23 3 11
Falling in love with your childhood best friend is so hard. Keeping and gripping all of your feelings inside. Now, the time has come for you to reali...
562 18 50
Small town, lots of love,heartbreak, fights, twists and turns, it's a roller coaster of emotions, so can you handle the twist?
52.5K 3.2K 21
❤️ #Chicklit #Humor #Romance #NewAdult The moment was profound. The moment was mine. The moment was all that I dreamt it could be. Little did I know...
65.4K 4.9K 30
Romance,Boyslove,