WITCH. five hargreeves [1]

By spideysilks

๐–๐ˆ๐“๐‚๐‡ | โi was about to have my menopause! do i really need to go through all that stuff again?โž -in whi... More

introduction
act one. sonnet 132
--- as of may 16, 2021
PLAYLIST
one. welcome to the academy
two. peanut butter and marshmallows
three. dounuts and tattoos
four. battles
five. house attack
six. nothing
seven. what happened to ben?
eight. dear diary
nine. ice cream
ten. the commission
eleven. menopause
twelve. thirteen again
thirteen. the statue
fourteen. griddys doughnuts
fifteen. istanbul
sixteen. the eye
seventeen. delores
eighteen. nightmares
nineteen. mi hermano
twenty. old times
twenty one. lord and savior
twenty two. buddy
twenty three. neanderthals
twenty four. pills
twenty five. vietnam war
twenty six.my body is a temple
twenty seven. pause button
twenty eight. Excerpt from Reginald Hargreeves' Journal.
twenty nine. our little psychos
thirty. 1955
thirty one. deadly little thing
thirty two. harold jenkins
thirty three. murder shrine
thirty four. research
thirty five. blackout drunk
thirty six. cheddar the cop
thirty seven. mission accomplished
thirty eight. it could've been me
thirty nine. alone
forty. breathe, keep breathing
EXPLANATION. (read if u don't want to be confused)
forty one. i don't want to set the world on fire
AUTHORS NOTE
chapter one of the sequel is published
fun facts about eight
extremely important. read this.
we need to talk
updates
another authors note <3
SEQUEL

forty two. i'm sorry

17.2K 528 891
By spideysilks

EDITED AUGUST 22, 2021

"Look, I hate to be the one to say this, but everyone needs to prepare," Luther spoke out to the group. 

Five sighed, taking it all in. Despite how much he wanted to believe otherwise, everyone was making complete sense. How could Eight possibly be the cause for the end of the world?

"For what?" Vanya asked from the side. "To do whatever it takes to stop Eight." Luther mumbled.

"Bullshit!" Five exclaimed, standing up from his chair. "You are not going to touch her!" he screamed, full of hatred towards his brother. There were many appropriate options that they could team up for so that it would work, and killing the love of his life was definitely not the one.

"We may not have a choice, Five." Luther mumbled, the feeling of guilt still clouding up on his chest. He should have thought of more ways to handle the situation with Allison earlier, but instead he used his emotions, not logic. Now it's all his fault that Eight was going crazy.

"Bullshit. There's always options." Diego spoke out from the sideline. He loved Eight, and killing her would have left a huge hole in his heart.

"Yeah, like what?" Luther asked in annoyance.

"I don't know."

"Look, whatever we decide, we need to find Eight. And fast, okay? She could be anywhere." Luther stated. 

Vanya sighed, looking at her hands. How come this was happening to Eight?

"We have a 10-52 at the Icarus Theatre. Multiple officers injured." A voice coming from Diego's intercom stated. Diego looked at it in surprise, holding it up. "This has got to be her."

"Hello." A blonde woman in a uniform of the bowling place they were in greeted,m with a huge fake smile on her face. "I hate to intrude, but my manager says if you're not gonna bowl, you gotta leave." she pointed to the manager who had an angry look on his face.

"Whose turn is it?" Diego asked in annoyance. He should have chosen a more private place for them to settle this. "I'll go." Vanya mumbled, throwing the ball that hit two pins before she situated back on her seat.

"We're the only ones capable of stopping this. We have a responsibility to Dad." Luther spoke out. Diego sighed in annoyance, pointing a finger at Luther. Even until the end, he was still making it about him and Reginald. "To Dad? No, I've heard enough about—"

"He sacrificed everything to bring us back together." Luther argued.

"I'm with Luther on this one. We can't give her a chance to fight back. There are billions of lives at stake." Vanya spoke out.

"No! There's got to be another plan! I don't want to lose her!" Five screamed in anger. All of the siblings sat in the bowling alley with shock on their faces. It was evident that Five really loved her, even when they were still kids. "Imagine the love of your life being tore away from you." Five mumbled. Luther sighed to himself. The mere thought of Allison dying hurt his heart more than he could imagine. But there wasn't another way.

"I think I can help." Vanya spoke out. "With... my powers."

-

Atom by atom, Eight started to destroy everything. A huge smile was plastered on her face as she saw everything around her started to crumble in her sight.

"Eight!" Vanya called out from the end of the room. The smile on her face was immediately replaced by a frown as she flicked her hand, making Vanya crash into the marble wall. To her surprise, Vanya stood up, gathered energy from the sound around her, and in one swift movement, turned it into energy.

Eight stopped cracking the roof and put her mind to the energy she could see. Vanya looked up in fear as the energy she exerted was contained, unmoving. With a mocking smile, Eight used her mind to move the energy and hit it on the roof, making the glass ceiling crack.

Gunshots went off in the back of the theatre, making Vanya run towards one of the chairs, hiding from them. "What the hell happened to Klaus? He was supposed to be on the lookout!" Diego hollered.

"Yeah, you surprised?"

"What's with all the lallygagging?" Five asked, suddenly appearing out of nowhere. 

"Five, get down!" Luther screamed before a bullet could hit him.

All of a sudden, a surge of energy erupted coming from Vanya, making all of the masked intruders from the Commission fall to the ground. Diego sighed, leaning on the seat he used to hide on for a moment. "

Well, she's stronger than expected," he mumbled to himself when he had seen that Vanya had taken out all of the gunmen in one swift motion.

Five peeked on one of the seats to see Eight with her eyes still closed. Five knew what she was doing in her head. She was destroying all of the different locations. A tear slipped from his eye when he saw the love of his life doing this. He just couldn't understand it.

"Love!" Five screamed, causing Eight to open her eyes in shock as she heard the nickname. She never knew he was in there. "W-why are you doing this? Talk to me, please!" he screamed.

Eight thought for a moment before she stopped. Silence filled the theater as she did so. There weren't sounds of ceilings falling, or rocks falling from the sky, it was just pure silence.

"You lied to me. You all lied to me!" she screamed, agony lacing her voice. "We were kids! Just naive kids, okay? Dad did it since he needed to control you!" Luther screamed from the side. Eight didn't put her attention on Luther, instead she brought her hand out to make the man fall into the wall. Luther let out a groan of pain as he felt the force.

"Tell me, love." Eight asked in a menacing tone. "Would you have ever loved me if it weren't for Allison?"

Eight chuckled when she had seen that Five had stopped in his tracks. "Eight.. please." he mumbled in a hoarse voice. Eight slowly shook her head, throwing Five to another corner.

Vanya sighed as she suddenly released all of the energy she had been gathering for the past few minutes and blasted it at Eight, but the girl swiftly let her hand out so that it would hit the sky.

Klaus started to shake as a hue of blue covered his fingertips, until a figure suddenly left his hands.

Ben.

"Eight." Ben called out in a calm tone, making Eight stop once again to look at the source of the voice. Her eyes watered as she saw the one person she had been missing the most since she had came back.

It was Ben.

"B-ben?" she asked, her voice croaking out. Ben looked at Eight in a sad manner. "Eight. This isn't you. This—" Ben motioned to Eight's current state. "Isn't my sister."

"My sister is the best person I've ever known. My sister is the only person I've had the best connection with out of that hellhole we used to live in. My sister was the person who would do anything to save billions of lives. My sister understands." Ben croaked out.

"And you? You aren't my sister. But I know that she's still somewhere there. You still have a chance to save everyone, Eight." Ben sighed.

Eight stood in shock. Her throat felt a huge itch until a dark shadow suddenly escaped, making Eight fall to the ground, sobbing.

"I'm sorry." she croaked out. Eight sobbed continuously as everyone came beside her. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry." she repeated in the same hoarse voice.

"It's okay. Alright? I'm sorry too." Five mumbled, kissing her on her temple. Eight sobbed quietly into Five's arms as she saw the moon start to explode.

"We did it. We saved the world."

"Uh Guys? You see that big Moon rock coming towards us? That's not good." Klaus mumbled, looking up at the sky.

"So this is it, huh? So much for saving the world." Luther mumbled, the joy that was once in his body being overcome by sadness and guilt.

"If only Sir Reginald could see us right now, huh?The Umbrella Academy. A total failure." Diego mumbled, looking at his siblings one last time.

"At least we're together at the end. As a family."

"This doesn't have to be the end." Five wondered in realization.

"What? What are you saying, Five?" Luther asked, a glimmer of hope engulfing his chest again. "I think I have a way outta here." Five wondered.

"No. It's going to kill you." Eight mumbled, looking over at Five.

"What's your idea, then?" Luther questioned.

"We use my ability to time travel. But this time, I'll take you with me." he explained.

"You can do that?" Diego wondered. "I don't know. I've never tried it before." Five admitted.

Diego sighed. "What's the worst that can happen?"

"You're lookin' at it. Two 58-year-olds inside children's body, so there's that."

"Oh, what the hell? I'm in."

"Yeah, whatever."

"I'm in."

"Me too."

"Allison?" Eight asked, looking at her sister. The curly haired woman gave her a faint nod. "What about Ben?" Eight questioned. "Great, yeah, he's in." Klaus mumbled.

"Okay, great."

He held out his hands, making Eight grasp one. Klaus stood at her side. Five gave Eight's hand a light squeeze as a cackling, blue vortex formed above their small group. "Ah! It's working!" Luther screamed.

"Hold on! It's gonna get messy!" Five screamed. Suddenly, it wasn't only Five and Eight with the young figures. The others had taken their appearance when they were younger children.

In an instant, the room grew impossibly hot as Five squeezed Eight's hand one last time before the vortex fully engulfed them all.

FINISHED.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.7K 232 46
"Meeting you was a choice, becoming your friend and gain your trust was my mission, but falling in love with you, was beyond my control" Every missio...
92.8K 1.9K 48
Kidnapped by the commission at a young age, due to being a risk to the timeline. The Handler had attempted to kill her once but failed, so to even th...
44.3K 1.2K 29
๐’“๐’†๐’—๐’†๐’“๐’Š๐’† โ”โ” (n.) a state of being pleasantly lost in one's thoughts, โ› a daydream โœ ๐’Š๐’ ๐’˜๐’‰๐’Š๐’„๐’‰ โ” after saving the world in 1963...
22.4K 889 25
Charlotte Cafferty, finally done with a decades long hiatus, has accidentally settled in the very middle of a crisis. Though she's not exactly a stra...