Wrong Place, Right time.

By WriteOfPassages

Wrong place, Wrong time. Right Place, Right time. Teal is known for many things. But one man knows her for o... More

Authors note!
You can interact with my story!!!
Important: Please read!
I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX
XXI
XXII
XXIII
XXIV
XXV
XXVI
XXVII
XXVIII
XXIX
XXX
XXXI
XXXII
XXXIII
XXXIV
XXXV
XXXVI
XXXVII
XXXVIII
XXXIX
XXXX
XXXXI
XXXXII
XXXXIV

XXXXIII

24 3 1
By WriteOfPassages

Once I told him what went down in the room he got even more angry.

"Are you okay?" He asks me as we sit down at one of the cafes in the airport once we've found our gate.

"I'm fine. Just a little irritated." I say with a sigh as I pick at my food.

"Irritated is putting it lightly." He says clenching his jaw.

"I think I got through to them a bit though. I pissed off the guy who felt me up." I tell him.

"I've never liked Hopkins. He's an asshole. He's been out to get me ever since I moved up in the bureau. But this is just too far." He says.

"Trying to get you fired?" I ask.

He shakes his head and looks down at his food. "It's less of that and more of trying to ruin my happiness." He says softly.

I look at Blake and can't help but smile a bit.

"But Teal... after what you went through with... I mean, do you want to talk about what Hopkins did?" He asks gently as he puts his hand on my knee under the table.

I sigh and play with my hands a bit before placing my hand on top of his.

"I guess I should've felt more violated than I did, but for some reason I just..." I pause. I don't know why I responded how I did. I should've been more scared, or intimidated.

Instead I was straight up pissed off.

"I should've done something-" Blake says as he looks down. I giggle and he looks up at me confused.

"Blake, there's nothing you could've done. He did it to get to you. If you did anything it would've given him reason to-" "Yeah, but he touched you. He was way out of line" he cuts me off before I can finish.

"And I think I got a bit of payback of my own." I remind him.

He smiles and takes his hand off my knee "You did." He responds.

"You don't always have to save me. I can handle myself." I tell him.

"Plus when I'm with you I just feel..." I pause and smile as I really look at him "Safe."

He smiles. "You're sure you're okay?" He asks me.

I nod "I'm more pissed that they were wasting their time here than anything." I tell him.

He frowns "Yeah, that's been irritating me too. They should be more concerned about doing their job than making sure I'm doing mine." He says.

"Which is what I said."

He just sighs and sits back in his chair. "We have to be careful." He tells me.

"I figured." I say with a sigh.

"What if they send an agent to come to spy on us?" I ask.

He sighs "I was wondering the same thing. But they don't have jurisdiction in the UK. We have immunity." He says.

"Immunity?" I ask.

He nods "They may have proof, but the laws protect us." He says.

"So... we're fine?" I ask.

He nods "We should still play it safe though. I'm pretty aware of people spying on me, though. I'll be able to detect weather or not we are being followed within the first few days. After that, we are clear." He tells me.

I nod as I finish my food. After we are done at the cafe we walk around the airport for a little while before finding a cute gift shop full of Knick knacks.

"Whose all coming for Christmas?" I ask as I look through the glass windows.

"The whole family, basically." Blake responds as he places his hand on my lower back to usher me forward a bit so I don't run into people walking the other way.

"Which consists of?" I ask.

"Aunts, uncles, cousins and Dad." He says.

"I want to get your Dad a Christmas present." I tell him as I grab his hand in mine with a smile and drag him into the store.

"You don't have to get my Dad anything." He assures me as he looks around the store quickly.

"But I want to." I tell him.

"You coming over is gift enough."

"Which means me getting a gift is even better!" I say pushing past him with a giggle as I head over toward the section full of gifts.

He just chuffs and looks around at the other side of the store.

We browse for a bit until I feel a hand on my lower back again "Hey, what about this-" But when I turn around it's not Blake.

I step back and raise my eyebrow "Sorry, do I know you?"

"No, but I would like to know you." He says with a smirk.

He's an attractive dude. Rich looking, well put together, but creepy nonetheless.

"Sorry, I'm not interested." I tell him as I try to push past him.

"Woah, come on, you don't even know me. How about you just give me your number and we'll take it from there." He asks with a smile.

After all that just happened, the first thing that comes to mind is that this is an agent testing me.

But there's no wire, and no rig considering I would be able to see it with the skin tight shirt and skinny jeans with holes in them. His suitcase definitely doesn't scream-or even whisper- 'agent' and I'm fairly certain he's nowhere near law enforcement considering his age, haircut, and the fact that I'm in a very secluded part of the store.

"I'm sorry, I have a boyfriend." I tell him with a scoff

He just raises an eyebrow "Really? Well where is he? Surely he wouldn't let a beautiful girl like yourself fly alone." He says as he leans up against the shelf of gifts I was looking at.

"She's a strong girl who can handle herself, thank you very much. She doesn't need me to fly with her, but frankly... I just can't keep myself away." I turn to see Blake as he calmly but protectively steps to my side and slides his arm around my back.

Blake's presence and reaction confirms my suspicion. He's not an agent. He's some random dude who decided to hit on me.

Blake just looks at the guy who looks at him. Clearly he's not happy with Blake's appearance and I can't help but suppress a laugh.

It's like I can see the guys thoughts as his eyes go from Blake, to me, to Blake, to the ground before he stands up straight and stops leaning against the shelf.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to-"

"Put your hands on her?" Blake asks calmly, making it a hundred more times intimidating.

"I'm sorry." Is all he says to me before pushing past both Blake and I and speed walking out of the store and out of sight.

I can't help but crack up laughing as I smack Blake on his arm "I think you made him shit himself." I tell him.

"He was an asshole." He says.

"It's fine, girls deal with that bullshit all the time." I assure him.

"Well they shouldn't have to. Guys should be taught that that shits not okay." He says before his attention is focused on the gift in my hand.

"Do you like it?" I ask as I hold the book of dad jokes up to Blake.

He just looks at the book then back at me and just chuffs "You and my dad are going to get along a bit too well." He says as he walks away.

I just laugh "Well don't say it like that, it sounds creepy." I say as I pull my credit card out and hand it to the cashier.

He just shoots me a look and I smile as I pay for the book and then place it in my bag.

"You satisfied with yourself?" He asks.

"Very." I say with a smile.

He just smirks "Alright, well lets get something to eat on the plane and hit up a place where we can buy snacks. It's going to be a long trip." He says.

"Sounds good." I say as I follow him down the long, crowded halls of the airport.

He walks slightly in front of me and I smile. His frame is wide and built. If you didn't know him, he would be the most intimidating looking guy ever, but he's the kindest human being I've ever met.

I feel so lucky to be able to know him, to be able to hold him, to be able to love him. The weirdest part is? I don't think he knows how amazing he is.

I've never felt this way before, and these feelings are scary to admit. It's scary to see yourself spending the rest of your life with one person, but I see that with him.

I just smile to myself as I speed up a bit to catch up to him so we are walking side by side.

We run into the market and we shop quickly so we can stock up on some snacks and water for the flight, then before I knew it, we were boarding.

I realized something was a bit different when we were at the gate.

"British Airways... you got pre check?" I ask curiously as he looks back at me.

"I might know a guy." He says. I raise my eyebrow curiously as we head out toward the plane.

Once we step on my mouth drops open.

The plane itself is unlike any plane I've ever seen. It's wide open and there's not a seat in sight. Just weird... pods?

"Blake! Your seats are right over here in this booth."

"Booth?!" I ask

"Teal, this is Byron. He and I trained together for a bit. He became a pilot and I became and agent." He explains

"Nice to meet you." Byron says as he shakes my hand. All of this happens as flight attendants take our bags and Byron keeps us at the head of the plane as people pile in.

"Nice to meet you too..." I turn to Blake "Please tell me you didn't get us first class."

"Byron helped me out a bit with the prices. But yeah." Blake says. "I wanted it to be a nice ride."

I just shake my head in disbelief as I see a empty booth to the side of the plane. No wonder this plane looked much different from the economy planes I normally fly.

"Thank you." I say to Byron "Please fly safely." I add.

He laughs and I laugh as well before he smiles at both of us and nods "Well, I better get set up. Enjoy the flight you two."

"Thanks Byron." Blake says.

I turn to Blake wide eyed and he shrugs "Private room." He adds. "This way theres no chance of agents or anybody else spying on us."

I smile and just shake my head "You should've told me. I would've helped out with the price." I tell him.

He smiles "It's worth every penny." He says.

I just shake my head and smile "Can I kiss you yet?" I ask.

He chuckles and puts his hand on my back as he ushers me to our booth.

He's right; the booth is closed off and private with two recliners right next to eachother with the option of combining them both to create a two person bed, or just a one person bed.

There's a tv as well as a fold over table. We have our own little area as well as room under our seats for our carry-ons.

The recliners look incredibly comfortable. I climb into the one by the window and Blake takes the one next to me.

"You didn't have to do this." I tell him.

He closes the door and checks for bugs again. Nothing.

We are all alone in our little private room on the plane.

He smiles and gently puts his hand over mine "But I wanted to." He says. We push the recliners together so it's like a small bed.

I just squeeze his hand as I smile at him. We move our seats together and listen to Byron as he tells us all we need to know before take off.

Once he's done and we take off, it all hits me.

This is really happening... wow.

I look at Blake and smile "You seriously are the best. You know that?" I ask him.

He smiles and I just giggle as he pulls me close to him and kisses me softly.

The plane jolts as it takes off and I gasp in surprise before I smile at Blake and turn to look out the window.

"I love the takeoff." I tell him.

He chuckles and wraps his arms around me from behind as we both watch the plane lift off of the ground out the window.

I just look out the window in awe as I feel Blake's warmth all around me.

How did I get so damn lucky? This is ridiculous.

I turn to face him as he continues to hold me. I place my hands on his chest and look into his eyes "I can't believe we are doing this." I tell him.

"I can't either." He says with a chuckle.

I smile and bite my lip. "I don't want to do much talking right now, but I'm also nervous. I want to know what to expect. I want to know more about your family." I tell him.

He smiles and nods.

"Don't worry, love. We have plenty of time on the flight for anything you want to do." He tells me.

I smile and he lays back. I lay back with him and he takes my hand in his and plays with my fingers as he begins to talk.

I just smile as the sensation of his fingertips along my hand mesmerizes me. I just feel so content in this moment, and I'm not sure he truly understands how amazing this is. How special he's making me feel.

I am falling for this man harder than I want to admit to myself.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

105 3 24
Blake Hill's gotten into more trouble then he cared to admit. As the resident bad boy, he's gotten detention for smoking, fighting, cussing teachers...
517K 16.7K 54
Fire and Water. That's what they were. Together they were just whispers of what could have happened and what could have been. Running from a tragic p...
2.7M 72.4K 40
"You okay there, partner?" he chuckled. Our bodies were centimeters away from touching so I took a step back. A fatal mistake, which caused my back t...
280K 5.6K 62
He's a guy that doesn't even know the meaning of the word "love." She's a girl who's scared to know what the meaning of the word "love" is. Add them...