Wrong Place, Right time.

By WriteOfPassages

Wrong place, Wrong time. Right Place, Right time. Teal is known for many things. But one man knows her for o... More

Authors note!
You can interact with my story!!!
Important: Please read!
I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX
XXI
XXII
XXIII
XXIV
XXV
XXVI
XXVII
XXVIII
XXIX
XXX
XXXI
XXXII
XXXIII
XXXIV
XXXV
XXXVI
XXXVII
XXXVIII
XXXIX
XXXX
XXXXI
XXXXIII
XXXXIV

XXXXII

11 2 2
By WriteOfPassages

      My knuckles turn white as I clench the handle of my suitcase with the grip of an orangutan.

I'm incredibly nervous to meet the family, let alone get through security checkout.

"Just a heads up." Blake says as we near the security check.

"They will likely pull us into a separate room after checking our ID's and question and search us just to verify we are who we say we are. It's just common procedure so I can take weapons onto the plane and so they know I'm legit and you're not being held captive." He says

"What if I tell them your holding me captive?" I tease.

He just smiles and shakes his head as he looks forward "Then this will not be a fun trip, love." He responds.

I smile but can't help but worry about what he said. "So we will be separated? Don't you think that would be a good time for-" But he cuts be off before I can finish my sentence.

"Hey, he's not here. It's very public and incredibly high risk for security reasons." He tells me with soft eyes. "He'd be stupid to try and do anything here." He tells me.

"Or smart. If he just wants to get the job done." I counter.

"If he wanted to get the job done, he would've a long time ago. He doesn't want to be caught." Blake says.

I take in a deep breath of relief and take in my surroundings. There are tons of people who do not look too happy to be up so early right now.

"Anything else I should expect?" I ask him.

"Just basic airport stuff. They will ask questions, answer them honestly unless it's about our relationship." He says. "After training the other night and the meeting a while ago, the agency definitely suspects something."

I nod. "That's why you checked the house for bugs, huh?" I ask him.

"You know about that?" He asks me.

I nod "I was awake. I just didn't want you to worry about me potentially worrying about behind bugged." I say with a soft smile.

He just chuffs. "Not much gets past you, huh?" He asks.

"Nope." I say with a smile "I'm basically a agent myself. You need to watch you back, Waters." I joke as I lean into him with a smile.

He smiles and gently puts his hand on my lower back for a brief second before he takes it off.

"Speaking of which, We have to stay platonic until we are on the plane. There are cameras everywhere." He adds.

I just smile "How will you survive?" I tease.

He nudges me and I giggle.

We get through the first part of security and are now waiting to get scanned.

I tap my foot impatiently and fidget with my fingers. Blake seems to see I'm nervous so he nudges me a bit.

"You have nothing to worry abou-" but before he can finish I can tell there's a change in his demeanor.

Instantly I'm panicked a bit.

I can tell it has to be because of the officers working the security check.

Blake shows them his badge along with ID stiffly. I show them my ID as well and we are ushered to the side.

But the way one of the officers interacted with Blake made me suspect he already knew Blake was an agent.

He hardly inspected the badge, he instantly took him to the side before Blake really said anything.

I frown as I realize I know the guy. I saw him on the wall of pictures at the training center. He's an agent.

What's he doing here?

Our bags are taken from us and put on a separate belt than the other people in the security check.

"Arms out, legs spread." The agent tells me as Blake and I are about to be searched.

I try to read the atmosphere but I get nothing.

Not until the agent starts touching me.

My breath catches in surprise and I shift uncomfortably when his 'pat down' feels a lot more like a 'feel up'

I swallow hard as his hands linger on my waist and even up to my breasts. I don't fly much, but last time I was checked, the security told me exactly what they were going to do to me and why.

They did so to avoid any surprises. To make sure I knew why they were touching me where they were.

But he stays silent as he touches me in a very inappropriate way.

"Hey-" I complain and flinch as he grabs at me discretely.

"Stay still." He barks.

"Stop copping a feel, then." I spit back.

He looks into my eyes and even slower he checks my waist and then my hips, and then down to my butt.

Normally I would be horrified, scared, violated. But right now I'm just straight up pissed off. This isn't a TSA officer. This is a FBI Agent.

"Hey! I think you've touched her enough." Blake says as he lowers his brows at the agent. His voice is laced with a deep growl I don't think I've ever heard before. It's scary.

The agent rests his hand on my thigh and looks directly at Blake as if to prove a point.

I finally understand what's happening now, and it pisses me off.

I suddenly realize the whole security team looks eerily familiar.

They suspect we're together. They're trying to get proof.

They sent agents here to see if this trip is really a romantic getaway. That's what this is.

So they can send agents here for that, but they can't put their efforts toward-oh- I don't know, finding Tony or my parents??

He's violating my personal space to try and get a rise out of Blake.

This is incredibly inappropriate, unprofessional and childish, not to mention an abundant waste of time.

While I feel extremely uncomfortable with the whole situation, I can't help but smirk when I think of my next move.

I know I can get in trouble, but in my defense, this is self defense. And I'm not the one in the wrong.

I look down at the agent who looks very satisfied with himself as he smirks at Blake. He really has the nerve to raise his hands higher on my thigh.

I raise my knee swiftly and violently upwards directly at his face.

I feel the impact on my knee and can't help but smile as I nail him right in the nose.

He groans, but quickly recovers and anger takes over him.

He stands up quickly before he looks up at me and violently grabs my arms. "Ah Ah Ah! We wouldn't want to show any kind of emotional reaction, now would we?" I ask him.

He lowers his brow at me and I lean forward. "That would show a conflict of interest" I whisper in his ear.

He releases his tight grip on my arm and I shrug as I realize people are looking. "I'm soooo sorry. My leg has-" I say loudly so people around me think I did it on accident. "Spasms." I finish very emotionlessly before he jerks me past security check.

Once we turn toward a small office I begin to panic, why are they taking me away from Blake now? Shouldn't they have done that before the body check?

I thought they were supposed to check us inside the separate rooms.

"Where are you taking me-" I complain as I get pulled further away from Blake. I look over at him to see if this is out of the ordinary.

I look at him with a cautious raise of my eyebrow.

He nods, letting me know it's okay. He did warn me that this might happen, but it still scares the shit out of me.

I'm violently thrown into the room and the door slams behind me as I'm told to sit.

The agent takes a seat in front of me and strikes a very obvious power pose.

I eye the man who sits in front of me. This seems a bit extensive if you ask me.

I can feel my anger rise inside of me. He didn't have to touch me like that at all.

Airport security is never this thorough. I guess flying with an FBI agent may change that.

"What are you doing here?" The agent asks, clearly unamused.

"Funny, because I could ask you the same thing." I say raising my eyebrow.

The agent doesn't speak, he just looks at me with an intense gaze. I groan before giving in. "Fine." I begin. "Flying. What does it look like?" I ask back.

The agent raises his head at me and crosses his arms "Watch your tone, kid." He says.

"You touch a 'kid' like that, pervert?" Is what I want to say. I just bite my tongue. I don't want to, but I know I have to. This guy is an ass.

After that scene? I'm not too happy with these guys. But I also don't want to make things worse.

"You and agent Waters. What's going on there?" He asks.

"He's my bodyguard." I respond politely this time.

"Taking his assignment to his hometown?" The man asks with a sly smirk.

Assignment? This guy is a total dickwad.

"I wouldn't trivialize his motives if I were you." I say calmly.

"He's taking me to a country he's not only familiar with, but where the man who is after me isn't hiding out." I inform the agent.

"Last time I checked, your law enforcement hasn't done anything about Tony. So maybe he's finally doing something about it on his own." I say as I sit forward in my chair and keep eye contact with the douche that felt me up.

As much as I'm trying to stay calm I'm pissed. They're more concerned about Blake and I than they are about finding my parents and the guy who is out to kill me.

"I'm not stupid. I know why your here." I tell him.

"I figured as much when you kneed me in the face." He says sitting back in his chair further.

"I'm sorry, I just tend to get jumpy whenever I'm sexually harassed in an attempt to get petty information out of one of your agents." I growl.

"Petty information?" The agent asks.

"I know what you think this trip is. And not that it's any of your damn business, but nothing is, or will ever happen between me and Agent Waters. We're both smarter than that." I say through my teeth.

I see the agent shuffle in his seat a bit as his eyes shoot toward the ground. I can tell I'm making him uncomfortable.

Good. He deserves it.

"We are just doing our jobs Miss Lake." The agent says.

I raise an eyebrow "And you're doing a bang up job." I say sarcastically. "As much as I appreciated the show out there, I would appreciate it more if your efforts went into finding the guy whose after me, and finding my parents." I say sitting forward again.

I see his jaw clench and I can't help but smirk to myself when I see his demeanor instantly change.

"Do you have any weapons, or items that go against any regulation codes in your bags?" He asks.

I know he knows the answer to this. They checked my bags when he was feeling me up.

I just chuff and sit back "No." I tell him.

"We're done here." He tells me. "Enjoy your flight."

"Mmhmm." I hum before grabbing my bags from the other agents waiting at the door. I push past them but pause on my way out.

"You know. Blake is a good guy. I really like having him as a bodyguard. He would never do anything to jeopardize my safety. He's a good agent, You really don't have to worry about him." I say to them seriously. "So please. Instead of worrying about your agents' intentions and priorities... take a second to think about your own."

I don't know if they're really hearing what I'm saying, but I do feel a slight shift in atmosphere. I should leave with that. But I have to leave them with one more thing.

"Find my parents. Find Tony." I ask them sincerely before turning on my heel and heading toward the office that Blake is in.

I take a deep breath and shake my head. I'm pissed, but hopefully now they finally see what's important.

As I approach the room Blake is in I can see that these people are the actual people that deal with these sorts of things.

They're checking his badge to make sure he's legit so that he is allowed to bring weapons with him.

He's just leaving as I get to the door.

"You okay?" He asks me. I can tell he's worried, but I can also tell he's not wanting to say much so I play along.

"Thriving." I say with a smile before nodding toward the people he just talked to.

"We all good?" I ask him.

He nods and grabs his stuff.

But as we head toward the gate he looks back over my shoulder until we are in the clear. He takes out a very small device from his belt buckle and presses the button on it.

I hear a beeping noise and watch as he flips my suitcase over and he puts the back of his device to the bottom part of my suitcase until I hear a click.

He presses the button on it again and nothing happens. He just sighs and chuckles "What the hell did you do?" He asks.

"Leg spasm." I say with a small smile.

He just laughs.

"We clear now? What's that a check for bugs?" I ask him as I gesture toward the small device that he clips back onto his belt.

"Yep. They bugged your suitcase. I deactivated it." He says gesturing toward my suitcase.

"What about phones?" I ask "Way ahead of you." He responds. "Already took it out. Slipped it onto one of the other agents phones." He says. "As for yours? It's clean." He says. "Would've beeped."

"God you're amazing." I say to him with a smile.

He just laughs "It's part of the job."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

517K 16.7K 54
Fire and Water. That's what they were. Together they were just whispers of what could have happened and what could have been. Running from a tragic p...
140K 3.7K 72
This story follows 5 siblings living with their aunt and uncle after being abandoned by their parents. Clueless about the real world around them and...
228K 17.8K 48
[FREE STORY w/ bonus paid chapters] When a scandal hits perfect seventeen-year-old Rose in the run-up to an election, she starts to believe that her...
152K 4.6K 33
Completed "What the hell do you think you're doing?" I asked, glaring at him while he forcefully dragged me out of class. "You told me you need help...