flower girl {s.m}

By MsFangurl

Shawn Mendes attends his first Met Gala, practically an A-List Prom. He's young, successful, kind, and attrac... More

cast
chapter 1: garden godess
chapter 2: text mates
chapter 3: in love
chapter 4: interviews
chapter 5: special guest
chapter 6: cant keep my hands to myself
chapter 7: new year's day
chapter 8: free fallin'
chapter 9: city lights
chapter 10: nervous
chapter 11: fallin' all in you
chapter 12: a song
chapter 13: lucky
chapter 14: alive
chapter 15: angels
chapter 16: charlie
chapter 17: happy
chapter 18: sucker
chapter 19: when you're ready
chapter 20: the sun
chapter 21: ten years
chapter 22: carefree and happy
chapter 23: strong
chapter 25: falling in love
chapter 26: canada
chapter 27: bye, canada.
chapter 28: I still...
chapter 29: scars
chapter 30: the safe place
chapter 31: πŸ’”
chapter 32: she'll be the one
announcement
award show
paris
for me
dress
together
drunk
charlotte
baby
jealous
toronto

chapter 24: crush

1.1K 31 1
By MsFangurl

diana - one direction

The front pages are your pictures
They make you look so smart
How could someone not miss you at all?
~

It had just been a long tiring day for Shawn. He was in his hotel relaxing as he had just got back from a show. He was not quite in the mood to go to sleep yet so he reached for his phone. He lay on the bed as he scrolled through his contacts, trying t find her name. Just when he was about to tap on her name to call her, he remembered he should check her time.

His phone told him that it was about 3am in Toronto right now. Crystal would be sleeping or about to get up for work. He sighed knowing he can't call her again. He shot her a quick text instead:

S: hey, im sorry I just got this time to call you but I figured you'd be asleep. how is work going? i promise to find time to call you soon. i miss you.

He swapped his phone for the remote and turned on the TV. Seeing that he was in the Netherlands, the shows were in Dutch and he had no clue as to what they were saying. Luckily there was Netflix.

He opened it up on the screen and it instantly began playing a trailer of a new show.

"Starring Aiden Butler and Crystal Paige... Netflix Originals presents..."  the narration began and he was automatically enthralled.

A short trailer of Heroine plays and announces that the first episode had just aired earlier today.

"Crap! How could I forget it airs today!?" Shawn told himself and hurriedly grabbed his phone again. He sent her a short clip of him watching the show and telling her congratulations even though he hasn't see it yet.

Shawn found himself missing Crystal even more as he watched the show. He remembers watching them film some of the scenes that he had just watched.

Even as the episode finished and an hour has passed, he was still watching cast interviews just because he missed seeing her smile. He was just watching an interview of just Aiden and Crystal playing truth or dare.

"Crystal,  truth or dare?"  Aiden asked her. The actors sat on a couch and would pick out either a truth or a dare written on pieces of paper that were in jars.

"Let's start of with a truth." Crystal answered.

Aiden fished a piece of paper in the bowl labeled TRUTH and read it. "Have you ever been in love?"

"Can't say I have!"

"Really?"

"Nope! Your turn then."

"Okay I'll go with truth as well."  Aiden answered.

"Aiden, who is your celebrity crush?"  Crystal read the piece of paper to Aiden and waited for him to answer.

"Well I would have to say, you are my celebrity crush." Aiden flirtatiously answers.

Shawn felt his stomach jerk. He couldn't tell if he was genuinely flirting with her or just saying it for the chemistry of their characters or some other stupid excuse. But then again he also met Aiden, and he could honestly say he was quite the flirty guy.

He continued to watch intently for Crystal's reaction.  "You guys, he's just being nice!" Crystal told those who were watching but there was a blush on her cheeks.

"No I am not!"  Aiden looked at the camera. "For all of you who didn't know, Crystal is a very kind and caring person. Although her jokes aren't very funny, she's very fun to work with. And I mean, who doesn't have Crystal Paige as their celebrity crush!"

"Awww thanks, Aiden."

Shawn shut off the TV, no longer in the mood. He pulled on the covers and closed his eyes to sleep in which his dreams were filled of a certain pair of gray eyes.

He had just woken up but he lay in bed with his eyes still closed. He was just telling himself that no even in his sleep he could escape Crystal Paige when his phone indicated a new message.

C: that's alright shawn. you can call me now if youre awake?

He didn't even reply anymore and just called her instead.

"Hey!" Her cheery voice spoke through the phone. Shawn involuntarily sighed at the sound of her voice that he hadn't heard since he left 2 weeks ago.

"Hi, love." His voice was deep from sleep.

Crystal blushed on the other side of the phone as she imagined him barely awake. While he had just woken up, she on the other side of the world was about to go to bed.

"How was the shows? You've been pretty busy, huh?"

"They're really great, babe. I missed playing on stage. I watched the first episode last night."

"You did? And what'd you think?"

"Other than you were incredible in it, it made me miss you."

"Aww. I miss you tons too."

"I watched some interviews too. I saw the one when you and Aiden were doing truth or dare."

"Ah! I was wondering when you'd see that."

"So, Aiden has a crush on you, eh?"

"Is somebody jealous?"

"No. I mean he's right. Who wouldn't have a crush on you? I knew I did, but still. Does he know we're together?" Just after he said it he realized how he sounded so much like an annoying boyfriend.

"Spoken like a true jealous boyfriend." Crystal smirked. "Hmm, here is my assumption: you got so jealous while watching the interview that you turned it off before you heard what I said next."

Shawn sat up on bed so abruptly that it gave him a slight headache. "Did you say you and I were together?" He was so excited to finally be able to tell everybody she's his.

"Umm..well no. Not that." He felt his spirits drain out of him.

"So what did you say then?"

"So you did shut off the TV because you were too jealous to keep watching."

"Crystal..." Shawn groaned.

Crystal yawned. "Well, its really late on my time, Shawn. I have to get up early tomorrow. Im gonna head to bed."

"Wait Crystal! No-"

"Goodnight, Shawn. I miss you and I've been seeing videos of your shows. I'm so proud of you, hunny. But I'm really sleepy now. Bye!" She rushed out and the phone beeped as she hung up.

"Oh, Crystal Paige." Shawn shook his head but could help the smile. She was funny.

Before he got up to shower and get ready for his flight, he actually got curious and went to reach for the remote. He clicked on the same interview and it resumed to where he left off.

"I feel like everybody's celebrity crush is you. Who is your celebrity crush then?" Aiden asked her.

"Well, you're pretty cool, Aiden." Shawn rolled his eyes.

Really, this is what she wanted him to see?

"—But I would have to say my celebrity crush is Shawn Mendes." With that he had to bite his lip to suppress the giant smile fighting its way to his face.

"Aww, my feelings are hurt, Crystal. Are we breaking up then?"

"Shut up and ask me truth or dare, Aiden."  Crystal laughed.

Shawn found himself watching the whole interview before he actually had to prepare for his flight.

S: celebrity crush, huh? okay, I'll take that.

He even inserted a smirking emoji on his text to her.

S: goodnight, hunny. i miss you and im very proud of you as well.

Shawn imagined her already softly snoring because she was so tired from work. Her phone was probably still on as she slept because it said that his text had been read. He also imagined her smile when she woke up to that text in the morning.

*

"Shawn, we've been seeing you with Crystal Paige a lot."

It was another busy day for him. After calling Crystal, he got on a plane to Belgium, rested and took some pictures with fans for a bit, sound check, and then a Q & A. During tour he would have a short time with fans to ask him whatever question they wanted to ask.

He had just called on to a fan who didn't even ask a question, it was more of a statement but he already knew it was coming. Still, he couldn't help the heat that rose to his cheeks at the mention of her name.

"Ahhh, I knew you guys would ask about it soon." He said and the crowd cheered. "Crystal Paige is one of my best friends. She's very kind and lovely. I admire her a lot but we just friends for now." There was knot in his stomach for lying to them, but he respected Crystal's decision not to tell them yet.

"For now!" A fan quoted.

Shawn laughed. "For now. We'll see what the world has for us two." He smiled.

"She said in an interview that she would love to work with you when you start acting." Someone said.

"Really? She said that?"

"Yes!"

"Is that something you guys would like to see?"

"YES!" They said even louder.

"She never told me about that! Oh, I would love to work with her. She's incredibly talented."

The crowd all agreed.

"Though, I did see that interview she did when she said I was her celebrity crush."

The girls in the crowd shrieked and told him they saw it too.

"How'd you react to that, Shawn?" A girl seating near his feet asked.

"Oh, I'm incredibly honored. I texted her after I saw it."

"What'd you text her?"

He honestly felt like him and his fans were all good friends and not strangers so they eventually persuaded him to read aloud his text to her.

"I texted her: celebrity crush, eh? Okay I'll take that. She also told me last night that she's been seeing videos from the shows and that she's proud of me."

"Awwww"

"I know! That was my reaction too! She's very sweet. We're you guys the one tagging her in the videos?"

When some of them admitted to tagging her to the clips of his shows, Shawn laughed. They explained that if they weren't already together, the videos of him singing on stage would make her fall in love with him. Shawn never laughed so hard at a Q&A.

y'all agree that hunny >>>>>> honey ??

HAPPY EASTER FOLKS! we're almost to 10K HOOOLY CRAP!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1K 67 20
A seemingly normal girl from the Northside of Riverdale finds out that her parents are not who they say they are, at all, and in the process of findi...
3.9K 114 17
Peter keeps having dreams of a she wolf who he is drawn to. He tells his mother who only says, that maybe he will find the she wolf who is haunting...
830K 50.7K 115
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
2.3M 120K 65
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader β”• 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐑𝐒𝐜𝐑, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...