WITCH. five hargreeves [1]

By spideysilks

๐–๐ˆ๐“๐‚๐‡ | โi was about to have my menopause! do i really need to go through all that stuff again?โž -in whi... More

introduction
act one. sonnet 132
--- as of may 16, 2021
PLAYLIST
two. peanut butter and marshmallows
three. dounuts and tattoos
four. battles
five. house attack
six. nothing
seven. what happened to ben?
eight. dear diary
nine. ice cream
ten. the commission
eleven. menopause
twelve. thirteen again
thirteen. the statue
fourteen. griddys doughnuts
fifteen. istanbul
sixteen. the eye
seventeen. delores
eighteen. nightmares
nineteen. mi hermano
twenty. old times
twenty one. lord and savior
twenty two. buddy
twenty three. neanderthals
twenty four. pills
twenty five. vietnam war
twenty six.my body is a temple
twenty seven. pause button
twenty eight. Excerpt from Reginald Hargreeves' Journal.
twenty nine. our little psychos
thirty. 1955
thirty one. deadly little thing
thirty two. harold jenkins
thirty three. murder shrine
thirty four. research
thirty five. blackout drunk
thirty six. cheddar the cop
thirty seven. mission accomplished
thirty eight. it could've been me
thirty nine. alone
forty. breathe, keep breathing
EXPLANATION. (read if u don't want to be confused)
forty one. i don't want to set the world on fire
forty two. i'm sorry
AUTHORS NOTE
chapter one of the sequel is published
fun facts about eight
extremely important. read this.
we need to talk
updates
another authors note <3
SEQUEL

one. welcome to the academy

85.2K 2.2K 3.6K
By spideysilks

EDITED MAY 17, 2021

Being born with extraordinary powers wasn't as amazing as everyone made it out to be. The badly drawn comics with a ridiculous plot that involves some sort of intergalactic force trying to destroy the universe? Wrong. A television show about kids who adjust to their powers while maintaining a good social life? Also wrong.

In the Umbrella Academy, each day felt like the same day. Unchanging. Breakfast. Training. Learning. Dinner. Sleep. Repeat. It was sick - each day, every single sibling was told that they had a greater purpose; but Eight was starting to believe that they were nothing at all. The girl believed that they were merely a penny laid down in a baseball field.

There were days when things would be slightly more exciting than the monotonous life they lived. Today was a prime example - a new mission to accomplish, coincidentally, the day that Reginald would reveal them to the world.

Eight Hargreeves stared at her room. It was quaint, cozy, and to put it simply, boring. The girl wanted her bedroom to have a splash of her personality (she once even thought about stealing Klaus' Queen poster to spice things up), but whenever she makes any kind of renovations, it would disappear the next day, much to her dismay.

The only thing that made the room stand out was the wall with bullet holes. That's it, everything else was boring.

As Eight was about to examine her wall further, her white, bedroom door was suddenly vibrating with the knocks. "Eight! Eight! Eight!"

Then in came Diego, his face laced with panic.

Eight knew that she should've expected him to suddenly enter her room since the boy had absolutely no respect for her privacy at all, but she jumped in surprise, the bang making her nervous.

"Jesus Christ, Diego." she mumbled, her heart rising as the loud bang echoed in her mind. The girl put an arm on her chest as she felt her heart beating way faster than it had been before. "You scared me!"

Surely, it must have been something important, right? If Diego was going to frighten her, it must be a matter of life and death since he was risking himself from getting thrown across the room, correct?

But no. Of course, it had to be about something stupid.

"Have you seen my knives?"

"Do I look like I know where your knives are, Diego?"

This always happened. Before a mission, Diego would always lose his knives, Alison would be missing her mask, and Ben would always be missing. There wasn't a single time wherein the children would be organized.

Five suddenly appeared in her room, holding a ton of knives. "It was in the kitchen, Diego. Again." the green eyed boy rolled his eyes, then disappearing.

It took a few more minutes until everyone calmed down and eased. Ben was found in the library, and thank God, was already in his full costume. Eight gave Allison her spare mask, which the other girl was thankful for.

When everyone was set, their mission was then explained to them. There was a robbing on a bank nearby, and there were hostages, including women and children. Eight thought that this was extremely boring for their first appearance to the public. However, she had no say in this.

The mission was to set the hostages free and fight the armed men. Reginald Hargreeves brought Vanya along, but they both kept a distance from the bank, watching the scene with telescopes. Eight thought he was being ridiculous, why would he bring Vanya along if he was only gonna make her feel useless as she watched the rest of them do the mission?

As Luther led them all to the bank, staying unnoticed and silent. The children started making a plan on who should enter the chaos first.

"Eight." Luther called, and her attention was now on him. She sighed, knowing that Luther was going to make her do something stupid so he can beat up as many people as he can. Again.

"I see a chandelier. So why don't you drop the chandelier for a distraction, then we come in."

Eight sometimes wondered if Luther ever used his brain.

Eight laughed with a flat tone. "No. There are hostages in there and if I do that, there's a big chance that they would be harmed too." she said in a matter-of-fact tone.

Luther glared at her. "Sorry, Number one. It's to risky."

"If we need a distraction, Alison is our best bet." Eight told the group. At a young age, Reginald had trained her with puzzles- so this whole thing was basic to her.

Luther, coming to think of it, taught it was a pretty okay idea.

"Okay," Alison stated as if this was the most casual thing, and went inside the bank.

The rest stayed in their positions, waiting for a signal. A gunshot was then heard, their signal, indicating that it was their time to go inside.

Eight floated down, softly. The girl could make out the hostage's eyes widening as she descended, but she ignored the attention. Focus on the mission. she told herself. Focus.

As soon as she found herself inside the bank, she came face to face with an armed robber. The robber then faced the gun at her, telling her to put her hands in the air and go to the group of hostages, unless she wanted to be shot. His hands were shaking; she probably saw the girl floating down through the ceiling.

Eight smiled. "What if I don't want to?" she taunted, walking towards the man. "Come on, shoot me!"

The man shakily fired the gun at her. Eight controlled the bullet while it was mid-air, making the bullet stop. With a smile, she reversed the direction of the bullet using her mind, aiming at the mans head. The robber fell down, dead.

Diego suddenly came rushing in to the middle. "Guns are for sissies, real men throw knives!" he exclaimed and threw two knives, controlling it so it went to stab the man at his chest. The man fell down and groaned in pain.

Eight looked over to her left. A plan calculated in her head- if she stayed there and waited for any sudden attacks, she'd be alright.

Out of a sudden, Luther just suddenly crashed from the ceiling. He punched one of the robbers a few times, then threw him out of the window. They heard gasps from the people outside the scene.

"Get back, you freaks!" a voice from the counter suddenly exclaimed. Eight popped up and stood at the counter, seeing a man switching between Alison, Diego, Five, and now her.

"Hey, be careful, buddy." Eight said, trying to contain her laughter. The man sounded so desperate, which she honestly found funny. He went here acting all tough, and now his voice was shaking because of a bunch of children.

"Get back now!" he replied more forcefully. Eight started to laugh, until he shot a gun at her direction. Once again, she stopped the bullet mid-air and made it fall to the ground.

"Or what?" Five taunted, appearing infront of the man. The robber shot in his direction, but Five spacial jumped to the other side to avoid the bullet. The robber still continued to shoot in the direction that Five was once in. "Dude, stop. The bullet chamber is almost empty." Eight motioned to the chamber.

Five appeared in the other direction once again, this time, his arms were crossed. The robber tried to shoot Five, but the attempt was unsuccessful. Again. Never learned from the last time.

"Wow. That is one badass stapler." Five stated and brutally punched the stapler to the mans skull. The man groaned and fell to the floor with a loud thud.

"Nice!" Eight exclaimed and gave him a high five. "Didn't even noticed that you took his gun. " she gave him a tight smile, then the pair then ran off to where everyone was. Before anyone could talk, Eight used her mind to open the bank doors, letting the hostages out.

"Do I really have to do this?" Ben asked nervously, glancing between Luther, Diego, and Eight.

"Come on Ben, there are more guys in the vault," Luther said, obviously caring more about the mission than Ben.

"I didn't sign up for this." Ben said sadly, until Eight stopped him from doing anything.

"You know what, I'll do it." Eight stated. She knew that Ben's power caused him pain. "But—" Five started, until Eight stopped him. "No buts. I can do this."

Closing her eyes, and concentrating for a while, Eight took six deep breaths.

"Akahnitamud."

A dark shadow engulfed Eight's body. She started flowing several feet into air, her eyes was now all white, and her hair turned into a very black color.

Luther opened the door for her, and the others outside could see how violent it was. Blood sprayed everywhere, loud screams were heard, and things were being thrown around. The rest waited for a few seconds, until Eight went outside the room, her arms covered with blood.

"Let's go outside then, shall we?" she smiled. The killing wasn't a hard thing for Eight to do, the girl never felt guilty when she killed someone during a mission. As long as if they were a bad guy.

"Come on. We need to stand out front so dad can deliver his speech to the crowd." Luther said. They all walked together outside the door.

Again, the kids were standing in a line, with their numbers arranged. Eight smiled at the people taking pictures and didn't bother saying anything. Nobody did. Instead, they all waited for Hargreeves to come down and deliver a speech. Her arms were full of blood, but she thought that it made her look cooler than her siblings.

When Reginaldcame down, he started talking.

"Our world is changing. Has changed." he began, giving smiles to the cameras. "There are some of us gifted with abilities far beyond the ordinary."

Eight smiled. She knew Hargreeves was just using them to make himself look like a hero, but she couldn't help but enjoy the attention they were getting.

"I have adopted seven such children. I give you, the inaugural class of the Umbrella Academy." he took a step to the side to display us in full view. Snaps and shutters of the reporters were heard.

"Mr. Hargreeves! Mr. Hargreeves! Channel nine news. What happened to their parents?" A female reporter asked, holding out the microphone towards him.

"They were suitably compensated."

He continued to answer questions until he faced the children. "I think that's enough questions for now. We must leave." he ushered for the children to go, leading them towards the Academy.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

324K 10.4K 54
๐Œ๐„๐†๐€๐‹๐Ž๐Œ๐€๐๐ˆ๐€๐‚ | โpleasure is the sweetest when it's paid for by another's pain.โž - in which eight hargreeves starts to go crazy after losi...
1.8M 51.1K 89
October 1st, 1989 43 Women gave birth. It was unusual as None of them had been pregnant since the first day they started.. Sir Reginald Hargreeves ad...
92.8K 1.9K 48
Kidnapped by the commission at a young age, due to being a risk to the timeline. The Handler had attempted to kill her once but failed, so to even th...
236K 6.8K 40
โ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐š๐ซ๐ž ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐œ๐š๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ž ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐ฆ๐ฒ ๐ž๐ฎ๐ฉ๐ก๐จ๐ซ๐ข๐š โž zero wants to go home, but home is complicated and her family is dysfunctional. it doe...