flower girl {s.m}

By MsFangurl

Shawn Mendes attends his first Met Gala, practically an A-List Prom. He's young, successful, kind, and attrac... More

cast
chapter 1: garden godess
chapter 2: text mates
chapter 3: in love
chapter 4: interviews
chapter 5: special guest
chapter 6: cant keep my hands to myself
chapter 7: new year's day
chapter 8: free fallin'
chapter 9: city lights
chapter 10: nervous
chapter 11: fallin' all in you
chapter 12: a song
chapter 13: lucky
chapter 14: alive
chapter 15: angels
chapter 16: charlie
chapter 17: happy
chapter 18: sucker
chapter 19: when you're ready
chapter 20: the sun
chapter 21: ten years
chapter 23: strong
chapter 24: crush
chapter 25: falling in love
chapter 26: canada
chapter 27: bye, canada.
chapter 28: I still...
chapter 29: scars
chapter 30: the safe place
chapter 31: ๐Ÿ’”
chapter 32: she'll be the one
announcement
award show
paris
for me
dress
together
drunk
charlotte
baby
jealous
toronto

chapter 22: carefree and happy

1.2K 27 4
By MsFangurl

free spirit- khalid

So tell me when you're falling
Though I could never doubt our love
Can you hear me calling?
Is it everything you're dreaming of?
Leave it all on the line
As long as you're not leaving me, well I am yours
Yours

Free spirits
Free spirit
~

The day they had been dreading was drawing very close. It has been weeks since New York and Shawn was to leave for tour in 2 days. Just thinking about it stressed Crystal out. Shawn on the other hand, was really excited but tried not to show it to Crystal.

"Hey," Crystal felt arms wrap around her waist from behind when she was sitting by the counter, writing on her planner.

"Hi there." Crystal smiled, and touched his cheek lovingly while he rested his chin on her shoulder.

"So, I'm hoping you're free tonight..."

Crystal rolled her eyes knowingly. Knowing Shawn, he must have something planned to make up for leaving for tour even though he technically isn't doing anything wrong.

"Mendes, what are you planning? You don't have to take me out, we can just stay in for the next 2 days, hun."

"I'm not sure you're gonna want to turn me down on this one, Crystal Paige."

Crystal's eyebrows knitted together in thinking when Shawn slid two pieces of paper in front of her.

"Oh my gosh!" Crystal gasped. She turned around in her seat and faced him. "Camila's playing in Toronto tonight?!"

He nodded with a proud smile on his lips. "Oh, Shawn! I don't remember the last time I went on a concert! Im gonna pick out an outfit right now!" She quickly pressed a kiss to his lips and jumped out of her seat to dash to the closet.

12 hours later, they were jumping, dancing, and singing their lungs out as their friend sang from the stage.

Crystal had braided her hair in double dutch braids and she wore a white cropped top and a glittery pencil skirt that was a little too short for Shawn's liking but he didn't say anything to her about it because he believed she is her own person.

" Just like nicotine, rushin' me, touching me

Suddenly, I'm a fiend and you're all I need
All I need, yeah, you're all I need! " She bounced on her heels as she shouted the words.

She turned to Shawn and grabbed his hands indicating she wanted him to dance. Shawn laughed but twirled her under his arm, singing the lyrics as well.

It's you, babe

And I'm a sucker for the way that you move, babe
And I could try to run, but it would be useless
You're to blame
Just one hit of you, I knew I'll never be the same
It's you, babe
And I'm a sucker for the way that you move, babe
And I could try to run, but it would be useless

He couldn't imagine being without her light for so many months. If only he could take her with him on tour. Crystal Paige was one special girl and it was still beyond his comprehension that someone like her liked someone like him. He always thought she looked most beautiful like this: carefree and happy. She had added a little glitter on her make up to match her skirt and it literally made her sparkle under the dim lights. He wanted to kiss her so bad right then and there. He wished he could. He wished she'd let him but there were too many people surely watching them.

He pushed away thoughts of leaving her the day after tomorrow, or what it would be like to be able to kiss her and have every guy in the stadium be jealous of him. Instead, he focused on the now. He was taking in all of her in his memory to keep for the couple months they'll be apart.

"Mendes, you're staring." Crystal pointed out during the intermission.

"It's nothing." His mouth pulled into a small smile that didn't show his teeth.

Crystal stood on her tip toes to whisper in his ear. "What is it?" She asked in a playful mood.

Shawn ducked down to reach her ear too. "I really want to kiss you right now, Crystal Paige." And he pulled back to look at her reaction.

Shawn expected her to frown because they already had this conversation, but instead she blushed under the dim lights. He just shook his head and laughed as Camila came back onto the stage.

She sang a few more songs that the pair danced and sang to before she made her final bow. After the show, they had slithered in backstage before the lights could turn on and risk people recognizing them even more.

"Mila! You did so great!" Crystal immediately said when she spotted her figure giving her team a hug.

Camila screamed as she ran towards the couple, she didn't know they'd be coming.

"Crystal! Shawn! You guys, I didn't know you were coming." She engulfed them in a hug.

"That was a really good show, Mila." Shawn praised his friend.

"Thanks, Shawn! Aren't you going on tour soon too?" She asked completely unaware of the couple's feelings on that topic at the moment.

"Uh yeah," he answered shortly hoping she wouldn't as when. But that's exactly what she did.

"When does it start? Are you excited?"

"I leave in 2 days for Amsterdam."

"Ah! I'm glad I got to see you then! And is this beautiful girlfriend of yours tagging along?" Camila wiggled her eyebrows at Shawn as she pulled Crystal closer to her.

"I am-um working. So I'll have to stay in Toronto." Crystal replied, playing with her fingers.

Camila's mouth formed an "o" as she saw the look on both their faces.

Way to go Camila. She told herself in her head.

The trio grabbed dinner and hung out watching movies in Camila's hotel room. Shawn had known Camila the longest and Camila was technically third wheeling with the couple but Shawn found himself being the odd one out between the girls. It was as if they've known each other forever as they laughed and cried at the Rom Com movies they were watching. It was not until it was late that they decided they should let Camila rest. Camila thanked her friends once again for coming to her show and hanging out with her before they had left. She also wished Shawn the best of luck for tour.

"So we're going on for a road trip tomorrow morning." Shawn said after a while of driving in silence along the freeway.

"A roadtrip?" Crystal asked from the passenger seat.

"My team and I always come down to this cabin a little ways out of town before tour. We light a bonfire, sing songs and roast marshmallows. It's just a little tradition we've been doing to keep us grounded before we head to tour that could sometimes be too overwhelming."

"Aww, that's cute. I reckon this is your idea?" She spoke but her eyes were closed and she leaned her head on the window.

"Mhhm. We will be leaving for the airport immediately in the morning though. Would you like to come? 

"Of course."

"The morning after the cabin, we'll head back to my place to get my stuff, pick up my family and then the airport. Are you coming to the airport?"

"Would it be okay if I stay home?" She said already thinking of the people that would be waiting in the airport for him.

"Of course. I understand why you would like to stay. Oh, and I was meaning to tell you that you can still stay at the condo while I'm gone." He looked over to look at her for a second.

"Okay."

They drove in silence, the radio softly humming in the background. Shawn kept looking over to the girl who sat in his passenger seat. She was easily the strongest person he knew. She lost her brother, went to school whilst working, acting in movies ranging from rom coms to action. But why was she so afraid of falling in love? Why did the thought of a long distance relationship scare her when she could literally get on the next plane to join him on tour the second they finished filming?

"You gonna be okay, love?" He was itching to ask.

Crystal opened her eyes and leaned her back against the car door to face him. "I'll be okay." She smiled at him.

"Okay." He nodded. He believed in her. He had to turn his attention back on the road but he grabbed around for her hand. He interlocked their hands. Crystal kept her gaze at him as he pressed a kiss to the back of her hand. He kept her hand close to his face and kissed on it until they reached a red light.

At the light, he turned to her. "I adore you." He said keeping eye contact.

He held her hand the rest of the ride, his thumb brushing the back of her hand. Crystal laid her feet on his lap as he drove. Shawn noticed from his peripheral vision that her skirt had ridden up her legs. He hoped she didn't notice when his cheeks burned up. 

~~~

question: do you guys like 1 long update or should I split it into 2 updates?

thanks for 8k (im still mind blown) hope you enjoyed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

268K 5K 108
Set in 2006.Following the World Cup in Germany and finishing his relationship with Merche, Cristiano is tired his family's consent nagging about his...
1.2M 48.1K 53
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
4.8K 174 23
~ ๐šƒ๐š‘๐šŽ ๐šœ๐šŽ๐šŒ๐š˜๐š—๐š๐š‹๐š˜๐š˜๐š” ๐š’๐š— ๐š๐š‘๐šŽ ๐™ฒ๐šŠ๐š™๐š๐šŠ๐š’๐š— ๐™ฐ๐š–๐šŽ๐š›๐š’๐šŒ๐šŠ ๐šœ๐šŽ๐š›๐š’๐šŽ๐šœ ~ ๐šƒ๐š˜๐š˜ ๐š–๐šŠ๐š—๐šข ๐š ๐š’๐š—๐š๐šŽ๐š›๐šœ ๐šŠ๐š—๐š ๐š—๐š’๐š๐š‘๐š๐šœ ๐šœ๐š™๐šŽ๐š—๐š...
990K 37.3K 88
๐—Ÿ๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐˜„๐—ฎ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ธ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๐—ณ๐—ถ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ, ๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฐ๐—ธ๐—ถ๐—น๐˜† ๐—ณ๐—ผ๐—ฟ ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ, ๐—”๐—ป๐˜๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๏ฟฝ...