BECOMING HUMAN

By KawaiiExpertise

Aurora has been an orphan her entire life with no clue of who she really is and where she came from. Aurora h... More

CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 32
CHAPTER 33
CHAPTER 34
CHAPTER 35
CHAPTER 36
CHAPTER 37
CHAPTER 38
CHAPTER 39
CHAPTER 40
CHAPTER 41
CHAPTER 42
CHAPTER 43
CHAPTER 44 (ANNOUNCEMENTS AT THE END!)
CHAPTER 45
CHAPTER 46
CHAPTER 47
CHAPTER 48
CHAPTER 49
CHAPTER 50
CHAPTER 51
CHAPTER 52
CHAPTER 53
CHAPTER 54
CHAPTER 55
CHAPTER 56
CHAPTER 57
CHAPTER 58
CHAPTER 59

CHAPTER 28

94 6 1
By KawaiiExpertise

Standing before her door, Logan asked Aurora, "How are you feeling?"

Aurora breathed calmly. "...a little better, but not entirely."

"Just breathe," Logan takes Aurora's shoulder gently. "And talk it out with that AI."

Aurora rolled her eyes and folded her arms. "I have nothing to say to him."

Patting her back more firmly, Logan pushed Aurora to go ahead. "You don't have to explain yourself to him, but just let him know what his place is," Logan advised. "And also..." A thought was lurking in the back of the male's mind. The sight of Jungkook crying had left Logan in awe. "...try to be...more kind with your words."

"Huh?" Aurora gawks. "Kind with my words? Is this coming from the same guy who just vented how much he can't stand AI's that thinks they can be human, while he was carrying me home?"

"Yeah, well..." Logan rubbed the back of his neck. "Even as I said that, a thought about Jungkook crossed my mind."

"Like what?" Aurora questions skeptically.

"N-Nothing, forget it." Pushing her door open, Logan went ahead in. "Jungkook?" He shouted. Looking around, there was no sight of him. Calling out to him again, there was still no response. "He's not here?"

Aurora sighed depressingly. "He probably ran off..."

"To where???" Logan queried.

"Who knows..." Aurora shrugs. "Probably off mooching with some girl..."

"You really think he's hitting it off with a chick already?"

"If you were a naïve girl, you'd fall for that AI, too." Aurora grumbled, folding her arms.

Logan covered his mouth and chuckled naughtily. "Are you telling me that even you've fallen for him, Aurora?"

"Oh, hell no!" Aurora stuck her tongue out in disgust. "He's a machine!"

"I thought you told me earlier at the fountain that you really liked him, hmm...?" Logan leaned closer to Aurora, examining if her face would change.

Aurora's cheeks became a little red from anger. "Yeah, I liked him a lot, so what?! I don't like him as in I want to get in a relationship with him!"

"Heh...platonic emotion, then, huh?"

"Pluh-what?" Aurora glowered.

Logan grinned. "It just means that your liking to him is nonsexual."

"Yeah, that." Aurora agrees.

"I can respect that." Logan shrugs. "Well, he's not here. So, I guess we can just wait for him to come back."

"I don't give a damn about whether or not he comes back. I'd prefer not to see him right now."

Stepping into the living room, Logan sat down on the couch. "So much for a good night."

Aurora shuts the front door, looking at the beige carpet.

Aurora scoffed. "So much for a good..." Aurora caught herself before she finished her sentence. But her mind completed it for her.

...friend.

Aurora hugged herself hopelessly.

While Logan began ranting off about how inconvenient this travesty was, Aurora's mind wandered off.

...maybe it was me who overreacted. She thought gloomily. I should have at least asked him why he felt that way...after all, I am his master. I should be taking care of him, too...all he's done was take care of me...

"That AI really did have some nerve though, saying all that B.S. to you, though," Shaking his head, Logan sighs, resting his hands behind his head. "What could have possessed him to say that? He must be having some outside influences."

Still not listening to a word the male was saying, Aurora's mind continued on its escapade.

But why the hell should I care?! She cried mentally. I never asked him to take care of me! He just did it on his own! After all, I survived for so long before Jungkook came into the picture. If I've never met him, I wouldn't have more worries than I had previously! It's because of him I had to leave the beach! It's because of him, I'm secluded and don't have any friends. Everything he's said about me is such B.S.!

Aurora bit her thumb nail. "I seriously hate him right now." She mumbled through her teeth.

But I still love him.

Aurora cursed herself for thinking such a taboo thought. I can't love something that doesn't know how to love me back. Let's get THAT correct. Aurora told her conscience. Leaving that thought on a side note, Aurora moved to the kitchen. She grabbed a glass and filled it with tap water, drinking it.

Aurora's never realized how thirsty she was until her rage had set in. She couldn't recall the last time she's ever felt this much thirst—even when she was homeless. Finally noticing that Aurora was not responding to anything he was saying, Logan glanced at her. Aurora stared at her glass, a hopeless look in her eyes.

So, this is the real Aurora that I've never seen.

"Aurora," Logan got up and walked over to her. Taking the glass from her, he settled it down on the counter behind her. "Forget about him for now." Logan took her to the couch. "He can't go far, anyways. He's an AI, after all. And a machine has to eventually come back to his owner to be told what to do."

Aurora didn't want to hear it.

Frowning, Logan exhaled, pinching the bridge of his nose. He couldn't think of what would help Aurora calm down. Opening his mouth after a brief moment of thought, he paused, feeling Aurora tugging his sleeve. She hugged Logan, wrapping her delicate arms around his masculine body. Puzzled, Logan stood idle, but gently caressed Aurora's smooth but thick hair. Inhaling her natural scent, he held his breath for a mere second. It was quite pleasurable to take in—but now wasn't the time to indulge himself in the tomboy's surprisingly light aroma.

She sniffled, tempting Logan to coo at her soft breaths.

She's actually pretty cute... He thought.

"...do you think that I'm a bad person?"

"What?" Logan furrowed an eyebrow.

Pushing back from Logan, Aurora dried her eyes. "I'm such a bad influence for Jungkook...since I caused him to do things that he shouldn't which were bad. But—"

"What the hell are you rambling about? What you're saying makes absolutely no sense." Logan snapped. "Influenced him? The only thing that should be influencing him is the idea of his behind being sent to the junkyard to become scrap metal."

Aurora didn't know what to say. All she could have processed was that she had some part in the blame for what had occurred tonight.

After running for a long period of time, Jungkook's feet led him to the beach—the old home that Aurora once lived in. There, the caution tape was ripped up and flying in the wind from the previous police investigation that took place.

Catching his breath, Jungkook stood up straight and exhaled from his exodus. He looked out beyond the shore before him, feeling the very essence of his pain hit him like the waves of the sea. His eyes were very watery, and soon enough, a puddle of tears came flooding through. Jungkook never knew that he had the ability to cry this much. Wiping his eyes quickly with the arms of his sleeves, Jungkook sniffled. He just couldn't believe that he had made such a stupid inference about Aurora. He didn't know what possessed him to make such a statement. Seeing the rapid flashbacks of the times he and the girl had spent together, it was pushed aside by her loud shrieks of anger that filled the apartment.

Jungkook clenched his head, falling to his knees. Aurora's voice brought back some distant traumatic memories. The way her body tensed up, the way her face twisted up, the hurt in the girl's voice and the pain in her tears—they reminded Jungkook of a girl that was just like her.

But she wasn't like her.

"Delilah..." Jungkook whispered. He clenched his hand, as though he was holding the girl's hand, but of course, she wasn't there. Jungkook's intelligence tried to grasp the idea of who this Delilah was, but it was all fragmented. How could Jungkook forget who this girl was? Her name was embedded into his conscience. Perhaps...he didn't want to truly remember her. Maybe it was best that he'd just erase her name from his database. But the way Aurora yelled at him...it reminded him so much of how—

"...Delilah used to yell at me." Loosening his grip, Jungkook lowered his head. "...I'm completely and utterly useless."

The wind blew around Jungkook, letting the breeze fill his shirt and flow through his body. He kneeled at the shore for quite a while, allowing the water to brush past his knees and recede back into the water. In deep thought, Jungkook never once blinked. Instead, he just stared. It was dark, and tonight was almost a full moon. The light from the moon shone onto the water, leaving a trail of light trailing onto Jungkook's existence.

What now...? He thought helplessly. Master probably doesn't even want me back.

Jungkook sulked even more.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12K 625 25
"i'm not what you think i am, and when you find out, you won't want this." "how 'bout you let me decided that for myself, baby girl." a lawyer with a...
38K 3.4K 35
Park Jimin is broke. Being a 24 year old law university graduate, he is jobless and is living in a old apartment. Broke to the point, where he doesn...
32.8K 1.8K 43
Cara Randall has dedicated her life to helping protect and save hybrids. Her hospital and shelter, Sanctuary, helps the injured or mistreated hybrids...
88.8K 6.5K 30
"The Maleficent they call will be a princess in my eyes forever." ---------------------------------------------- A story where a sweet guy falls unco...