flower girl {s.m}

By MsFangurl

Shawn Mendes attends his first Met Gala, practically an A-List Prom. He's young, successful, kind, and attrac... More

cast
chapter 1: garden godess
chapter 2: text mates
chapter 3: in love
chapter 4: interviews
chapter 5: special guest
chapter 6: cant keep my hands to myself
chapter 7: new year's day
chapter 8: free fallin'
chapter 9: city lights
chapter 10: nervous
chapter 11: fallin' all in you
chapter 12: a song
chapter 13: lucky
chapter 14: alive
chapter 16: charlie
chapter 17: happy
chapter 18: sucker
chapter 19: when you're ready
chapter 20: the sun
chapter 21: ten years
chapter 22: carefree and happy
chapter 23: strong
chapter 24: crush
chapter 25: falling in love
chapter 26: canada
chapter 27: bye, canada.
chapter 28: I still...
chapter 29: scars
chapter 30: the safe place
chapter 31: ๐Ÿ’”
chapter 32: she'll be the one
announcement
award show
paris
for me
dress
together
drunk
charlotte
baby
jealous
toronto

chapter 15: angels

1.6K 37 13
By MsFangurl

a.m. - one direction

Won't you stay 'til the A.M.?
All my favourite conversations
Always made in the A.M'
Cause we don't know what we're saying
We're just swimmin' 'round in our glasses
And talkin' out of our asses
Like we're all gonna make it, yeah yeah
Ooh, you know I'm always coming back to this place

~

They sat there talking in low voices, staring and admiring each other. Shawn was tracing Crystal's neck to her collarbone with his finger when the oven made a noise indicating that the pizza was done. He got up and took out the pizza from the oven and placed a slice on each of the two plates. He put a plate of pizza on Crystal's lap but came back to the kitchen to pour wine in two glasses.

"We're legal to drink here in Canada. Don't worry." He winked at Crystal as they clinked glasses and drank some wine before placing their glasses on the coffee table.

Crystal was munching on her pizza when Shawn grabbed the remote. He pressed a few buttons on it before asking "What do you wanna watch?"

"You choose." Crystal shrugged, too busy eating her pizza.

"Grey's Anatomy?"

"Sure." She said and the show began playing.

"Cuddles?" Shawn asked with an arm open for Crystal the other holding his pizza. Crystal grabbed a blanket from behind her, cuddled on Shawn's side, and threw the blanket on both of them. Her head rested by his heart and his arm was around her back as they watched the show and ate most of the pizza.

When the pizza was gone, they ate ice cream from their own tubs and continued to cuddle while watching the show.

*

"Please?" Crystal pouted holding up the bottle of face mask.

They had finished eating and watching. Crystal sat on the couch while Shawn stood because he had just loaded the dishwasher and threw out their trash.

"You're lucky I like you." Shawn groaned throwing his head back but plopped on the couch. Crystal cheered and climbed over Shawn's lap.

"I'm assuming you won't have anything in the house for me to apply this on, right?" said Crystal.

"You're right. That means we can't do it!" Shawn tried to get up but Crystal didn't move from his lap instead pushed him back to lean his back on the couch.

"No no no, Mendes. That means I'll have to use my fingers." Shawn groaned as she squeezed out bright blue face mask goop on the back of her hand. "Oooh! Oooh! I know you have those little headband thingys!" She got off his lap and headed for his bathroom where she had seen those headbands that he wore when he worked out. She grabbed two, the other one for her.

She went back to sit on his lap and put the headband on him to push back his hair away from his face. When she let go of the band it hit Shawn's forehead with a smack. "Ow! Geez, woman. Calm down." He joked rubbing his forehead.

Crystal giggled and swatted his hand away so she can proceed to cover his face in blue face mask. Shawn's hands rested on her hips as she spread face mask on his face. He watched her focused face. Sometimes her tongue would poke out when she made sure she covered the tricky spot by his nose. "All done! You look beautiful!" she said when she had finished.

"Okay. Now your turn." Shawn snatched the bottle from her before she could protest. She also used one of his headbands to push out her hair.

He began spreading the goop on her face like a child would play with finger paint. He would 'accidentally' poke her nostrils while doing so causing Crystal to yell "Aaahh!" making Shawn laugh.

"Im sorry it was an accident, baby." But he was laughing too hard for his apology to be sincere.

"'Accident' my a.ss!"

He finally finished. Both their faces now covered in bright blue face mask. Shawn did messier job with Crystal's face mask. Some parts of her face had multiple layers while some barely had a second layer.

They got up to go to the bathroom and wash the face mask of their hands.

"Shawn! You put too much!" Crystal scolded him when she saw her face in the mirror.

"How is yours different than mine?! You look great, Crys." He tried to justify his horrible work but saw the difference of how Crystal applied his face mask. They just laughed it off.

"Let's take a photo." Crystal pulled out her phone from her hoodie pocket. They took some silly photos with the mirror, even catching candids of them laughing.

"Now, I wonder..." Shawn trialed off snaking his hands on her waist. "if I can kiss you without messing that up." And he leaned down with puckered lips. Crystal snapped a photo when his lips touched hers.

"Look at that! I didn't mess it up!" He cheered like it was such a challenge. He peered over Crystal's phone, hand still around her waist, and saw the photo she had just taken.

"Will you send me that photo?" Shawn asked. He rested his chin on her shoulder and did so himself sending the photo via text to his own phone.

He also watched Crystal post a different photo to her Instagram story and captioned it: pls tell @shawnmendes that he did a horrible job in doing my face mask.

"Hey! I did okay!" Shawn scolded but didn't stop her from posting it.

"Why don't we ask them then?" Crystal smirked as she also added a poll on who did the better job after explaining that she did his and he did hers. It was posted a few second later.

"Fine. But if you lose that poll," Shawn put his hands up in a surrender.

"Oh its on, Mendes." Crystal joked.

When the face mask had dried and they washed it off, they made their way back to the living room. "Shawn, where's the remote? I can't find it." Crystal said to Shawn who was still drying his face in the bathroom.

"Maybe it got in the cushions." He finally emerged from the bathroom.

"Well thats too bad I can't find it. You're gonna have to entertain me." Crystal challenged Shawn as she leaned back on her palms. She had a sly smirk as she crossed her legs that were sprawled on the couch.

"Aren't you tired? It's 1am, love." Shawn asked towering over her as he stood next to the couch where Crystal lay.

"Nope!" She said popping the 'p'. "I took a nap plus I don't know if you've realized but I have a really messed up sleep schedule."

"Oh? Well, in that case, I have a few things in mind to keep you entertained." Shawn smirked. He let himself fall on top of Crystal on the couch holding himself up in a plank position.

"Care to share your thoughts?" Crystal played the same game. She still leaned on her palm that were behind her but Shawn snaked an arm around her back that made her lie all the way down.

"Gladly." Shawn whispered. His lips were on her neck. Crystal and her dang hoodies. "First of all, we need this off." He tugged on Crystal's hoodie and the next second it was on the floor. Shawn's shirt followed when she tugged on it too. She wore another one of those Calvin Klein sports bra.

"Oh, Crystal." Shawn said in between kisses. "You wanna know how you did earlier? Babe, you did fuc.king fantastic. You looked fantastic. You sounded fantastic." He spoke in a raspy voice that made Crystal's stomach churn.

His hand slowly traveled up her waist. It lingered on the waistband of her sweatpants teasingly being pulled down to expose a matching Calvin Klein underwear.

"My imagination was running wild of things I could do to you." He kissed down her stomach. "Too wild that I had to sit down."

Crystal's breathing became ragged as his mouth explored her body. "I was thinking. How come he gets to do things with you when I haven't yet? Hm?"

She mumbled something about it being just work. Crystal's hand came up to touch Shawn's toned stomach under her soft touch as if to prove her point making him groan. She whimpered when he softly pressed his body against hers. She felt him on her thigh.

Finally they found each other's mouths. Bodies grinding as they kissed. Crystal's mouth moved to his neck. When she began sucking, he rocked his hips against hers. Both of their skins burned, hearts beating fast. They felt their familiar fire ignite whenever they were close like this.

Crystal had already left multiple marks and she was working on a new one on his collar bone. Moans and profanities escaped his mouth in a honey-like consistency.

"F.ck, Crys. No. I-I can't do this." Crystal became worried that she had done something wrong. "No, baby. You're doing great. Awfully great. I-just. Crys, we can't." He said when he saw the worry in her eyes.

Crystal glanced down to see a prominent bulge on his sweatpants. "Oh" Her cheeks blushed immensely.

He kissed her lips then her forehead. "I'll be right back." Then he rolled off the couch to head to the bathroom.

Crystal's heart was beating fast. "Shawn?"

"Yes, love?"

"I–" He looked a little impatient as she tried to find her words. "Can I come?"

It took him by surprise but he nodded and they made their way to the bedroom instead.

*

Crystal was playing with Shawn's hair as they lay on his bed. Not wanting to go back out to the living room to grab her hoodie, she had stolen one of Shawn's sweatshirts instead and wore it to bed.

Shawn was about ready to fall asleep with Crystal in his arms but Crystal was wide awake. She was nuzzled on to his side as she lay her head on his heart. It was 3am by now.

"Shawn," She whispered and looked up to see his eyes closed. She poked his cheek. "Wake up. Im bored."

Shawn thought that if he pretended to be asleep she would go to sleep as well. Boy was he wrong. She kept poking his cheeks and bopping his nose with her finger.

"Crystal," He whined in a warning tone.

"But im not sleepy." She said still whispering but they were the only ones in the place.

Shawn was complaining how they should be sleeping but he sat up against the head board. Crystal smiled widely, her smile almost illuminating the dark room. He would do anything to see that smile.

"Hi." She said placing her chin on her knees as she tucked her legs in front of her facing Shawn.

Shawn was smiling when he tucked a fallen hair in her ear. His hand had fell by her feet after he tucked away the hair. Crystal grabbed his tattooed hand and examined the ink.

"What do your tattoos mean?" She asked curiously as her thumb gently rubbed the tattoo.

"That one basically means that I will always come back home because aside from music I love traveling. I read somewhere that sailors used to get swallow tattoos and they would only get a second one when they made it home after sailing across the world." He answered.

Crystal found the elephant tattoo by his finger. "I have a matching tattoo with my mom on the same spot. She said she would only get a tattoo if it were an elephant. They're also very interesting creatures. Apparently they can connect with people's emotions."

Crystal nodded loving how he tried to know everything before getting a tattoo.

When she found the tiny "8" tattoo, that one she didn't have to ask. "August 8, 1998." She was the one to say.

"This one's my favorite." Crystal said.

"That one is a guitar as you can see. Just about how I love creating music. The CN Tower is there too just to remind me of home. And the sound waves are Aaliyah and my parents saying 'I love you'."

He explained the last one being the light bulb to represent last year's tour and the lilies as his mom's favorite flowers.

"What does yours mean?" He was the one to ask. It wasn't very hard to miss. She had a small tattoo of a single angel wing on the back of her right hand close to her thumb.

"Oh. I like to write and journal. So thats why its on my right hand where I can see it when I write. A wing to remind me that there are no limits to creativity. Everything is possible in your imagination. You could even make yourself fly if you wanted to. Its only half a wing because the other half belongs to my brother. I only have one tattoo though." She explained. She looked a little sad at the mention of her brother. Shawn thought that she they must have a good relationship and that she missed him a lot when she's away.

"You miss him?"

"Everyday."

"What's he like?" He asked. Just by the way she talked about him, Shawn couldn't wait to meet him now.

Crystal's eyes sparkled, excited to tell Shawn about her brother. "The best! He always made me laugh whenever I get sad. He was always willing to sit through my tea parties because I didn't have a lot of girl friends back then. He was my groom when we pretended to get married in our backyard but then he would also play dolls with me just to make me happy. He inspired me to start acting because he always tried to be whoever I needed him to be. He was all I ever needed, even now."

"He sounds like a great man, Crys. Where is he now? Maybe we could visit him sometime." He tried to cheer her up.

"He's in Heaven now, Shawn."

Shawn's heart dropped for Crystal. Tears we're lining her eyes as she stared at him.

"Crys, I'm so sorry I didn't know." He pulled her in a hug and she cried on his shoulder.

She hadn't talked about him in a very long time nor had she told anyone. It hurt because she realized she missed him even more than she thought but it also felt good to hear from someone else that he was a great guy.

He held on to her tightly until they were both laying down. Crystal continued to cry quietly on Shawn's chest as he held her. "Shhh. You're okay. You'll be okay." He would say to her while stroking her hair.

"Shawn?"

"Hm?"

"Will you sing to me?" Finally, she was tired. Her eyes were closed but tears still escaped them.

"Of course, darling." And he began singing the first song that came to mind.

"There's a crack in my window
A bird in my room
Angels all over
That watch over you
When I'm walking on water
All my dreams have come true
Still, nothing means nothing
Without you, you"

He sang to her until her breathing slowed and her crying stopped.

"You give me a reason
Something to believe in
I know, I know, I know
You give me a meaning
Something I can breathe in
I know, I know, I know
It's a bittersweet feeling
Longing and I'm leaving
I go, I go, I go
Tell my heart to lie
But I know deep inside it's true
That I wish I was there with you
Oh, I wish I was there with you"

lowkey my favorite chapter. not edited because i gotta sleep now. Lullaby song is Homesick by Dua Lipa

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

61.6K 2K 15
"she said she would never date madrid boys."
322K 6.4K 58
Nicole Bartolini Garcรญa is Sergio Ramos' younger cousin. ft. Cristiano Ronaldo
2.3M 119K 65
โ†ณ โ [ INSANITY ] โž โ” yandere alastor x fem! reader โ”• ๐ˆ๐ง ๐ฐ๐ก๐ข๐œ๐ก, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
1.2M 49.9K 54
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...