Mithri (Coco x Reader) [Torik...

Da Solatium

You often dream about becoming a chef, ever since you were little. Yet, you were destined for far greater thi... Altro

◈ Prologue: Gourmet Hunter ◈
◈ Chapter 2: Colors of the Rainbow ◈
◈ Chapter 3: Gentleman of the Four Heavenly Kings ◈
◈ Chapter 4: Cave of Beasts ◈
◈ Chapter 5: Puffer Whale ◈
◈ Chapter 6: Legendary ◈
◈ Chapter 7: Child ◈
◈ Chapter 8: Heavenly King, Sunny ◈
◈ Chapter 9: Meeting Again! ◈
◈ Chapter 10: Jewel Meat◈
◈ Chapter 11: Train to the Azure Mists ◈
◈ Chapter 12: Misty Caverns ◈
◈ Chapter 13: Bubbly Tuna ◈
◈ Chapter 14: Century Soup ◈
◈ Chapter 15: Perfect Parfait ◈
◈ Chapter 16: Thunder Festival ◈
◈ Chapter 17: Thunder Peak ◈
◈ Chapter 18: Gourmet Carriage ◈
◈ Chapter 19: Heavenly King, Zebra◈
◈ Chapter 20: Deserts ◈
◈ Chapter 21: Mellow Cola ◈
◈ Chapter 22: Miracle Pearl ◈
◈ Chapter 23: Autumn Mountain ◈
◈ Chapter 24: Death Season Forest ◈
◈ Chapter 25: Gourmet Santas ◈
◈ Chapter 26: Jidar Kingdom ◈
◈ Chapter 27: Gourmet Casino ◈
◈ Chapter 28: Gourmet Tasting ◈
◈ Chapter 29: Meteor Garlic ◈
◈ Chapter 30: Taj Desert ◈
◈ Chapter 31: Sacred Opal ◈
◈ Chapter 32: Bilal Kingdom◈
◈ Chapter 33: The Music Chefs ◈
◈ Chapter 34: Arroyo Sand Cave ◈
◈ Chapter 35: Gilamesh ◈
◈ Chapter 36: L'Arabesque ◈
◈ Chapter 37: Love ◈
◈ Chapter 38: Madam Fish ◈
◈ Chapter 39: Scaled Trees ◈
◈ Chapter 40: Feral ◈
◈ Chapter 41: Thunderous Wyvern ◈
◈ Chapter 42: Music Honor ◈
◈ Chapter 43: Four Beasts ◈
◈ Chapter 44: Antidote Cuisine ◈
◈ Chapter 45: Taking Another Step ◈
◈ Chapter 46: Festival of Spring◈
◈ Chapter 47: Souffle de la Vie ◈
◈ Chapter 48: Helping Hand ◈
◈ Chapter 49: Family Feud ◈
◈ Chapter 50: Unwanted Visit, Unbelievable News ◈
◈ Chapter 51: Cooking Festival ◈
◈ Chapter 52: Triathlon / Death Cooking ◈
◈ Chapter 53: Invasion ◈
◈ Chapter 54: Scheme ◈
◈ Chapter 55: Heat ◈

◈ Chapter 1: Gator ◈

2.4K 74 2
Da Solatium

Convincing Toriko went easier than you thought, as long he could have a bite of the Galala Gator. Gourmet Hunters are explorers devoted to discover new flavors as well as hunting down and capturing exotic ingredients. Currently, about three hundred thousand individual food stuffs in the world, and 2% of which hare said to have been discovered by Toriko.

He was a rising star in this Age of Gourmet, and it made you even more excited to get your hands on new ingredients with his help. If possible, of course. It was certainly a surprise for Toriko to see Komatsu and you waiting for him at the port, both changed into your explorer gears. It was a change from your white coat you wore in the kitchen almost 24/7.

"Whaaaat?! You kids are coming too?!" Toriko gaped.

"We are hardly kids, sir Toriko" you pointed out. "Same age as you"

"Y-Yeah...Sorry to impose...Boss's orders to study the Galala Gator in its natural habitat" Komatsu said.

"You do know where we're going, right? Well, you didn't know like people who have written their will, but I was wrong" the blue haired male shrugged, walking to a boat.

"I-I DON'T HAVE A WILL YET!!" you yelled at the same time with your friend.

"Yo, Tom! Sorry to bug you again" Toriko ignored the two of you to salute another man pulling the ropes to detach.

"You tell me!" huffed Tom, wearing a white cap that spelled the word 'Gourmet' on it. He was also wearing a white shirt with the drawing of a dragon at the back. "I can't keep dropping everything I'm doing to prep a boat for you!"

"Don't be cranky. How's the wife?"

"Spare me. She's fuming over the recent hike on the tax"

"Ooh, scary..."

Tossing his bag inside, Toriko walked over the ramp and climbed in the boat. Tom went silent for a moment, looking over his shoulder absently. He then smirked, his voice coming out mocking as he demanded:

"You've slimmed down, Toriko!"

"Huh? Nah! That's only cuz I just pooped" replied without shame the bulky hunter.

"Huh? What kind of dump leaves you 15 kilos lighter?!" Tom laughed hard.

"A 15-kilos dump"

"How many times did you have to flush that sucker down?! You're a riot, man!"

You watched the exchange in mild disgust, clicking your tongue while Komatsu chuckled nervously. For a renowned Gourmet Hunter, he wasn't really about class at all. Too blunt to your likeness. Then, Tom finally gazed at your boss and you, raising a brow inquisitively. Noticing his expression, Toriko quickly explained the situation.

"Got two sidekicks this time. If you're coming, you should get on already!" Toriko shouted over his shoulder.

"W-Wait, I haven't written my will yet!" stammered Komatsu as you were already climbing inside the boat.

"You can write it on the boat!!"

You didn't even left yet and Toriko was already munching on a colored fish. Its meat had enough calories and energy to satisfy a man's hunger in only one bite. However, the Gourmet Hunter was far from a normal human as you witnessed the way he devoured the supplies of food in just a few seconds.

It will take a few hours before you would reach the southeastern coast of Baron Archipelago. You couldn't hide your excitement much longer as you ran at the front, leaning over the railing to take a look at the waves splashing against the boat.

The wind blowing pleasingly through your (h/c) locks reminded you how much you loved adventures and nature in general. While you didn't mind the environment of the city, you found yourself more in the wilderness of the world.

"By the way, are you two chefs?" inquired Toriko.

"How'd you know?" asked Komatsu, turning to stare at him. "It's true that I have been given the position of head cook at 'Hotel Gourmet', and that (y/n) is my sous chef, but..."

"Ah, that's a five-stars hotel! I thought that I caught the scent of high-grade ingredients coming from your hands" the hunter explained, and you blinked in surprise. "They're imbued with the smell from handling the ingredients every day"

You took a quick look at your hands, expecting to see them show any sign of being used in the kitchen, but your skin remained clear. Beside, how could he even tell just by the smell?

"Toriko's sense of smell is better than a bloodhound's!" Tom answered your unasked question with a smile.

"You both will have to treat me to a full course sometime, all right?" Toriko smiled, holding in his hands a 3 1/2 rice ball.

"Did you hear that, (y/n)?" Komatsu smiled brightly at you. "This is what I'd expect from Toriko-san. A good sense of smell is important to have when you're examining flavors. This is a Gourmet Hunter. One who hunts down and samples ingredients that no one has ever seen before. This is beyond amazing-"

"HOW MUCH ARE YOU GONNA EAT?!" you cut Komatsu as you directed your gaze at Toriko, who was now eating down an Almond Cabbage.

"EHHHH?!" cried out too Komatsu, arms flying up.

"What? This is delicious!" Toriko smiled through a mouthful, cheeks puffed like a hamster.

The once blue sky turned darker in shades, the clouds who were at first omniscient now made their appearances at the distance. From where you were standing, the Baron Archipelago looked like a black mass with rocks sticking out like a labyrinth.

Tom maneuvered the boat across the dangerous reefs and columns. That's when you noticed a bunch of Friday Monkeys standing on the rocks in question.

FRIDAY MONKEY (MAMMAL) - CAPTURE LEVEL 2

"What are those?" questioned Komatsu, sweating slightly at the sight of their hollow eyes staring straight at his soul.

"Friday Monkeys. They're extremely wary and cowardly creatures. They won't attack us" Toriko assured. "But the question is...Why're they in a place like this?"

The boat reached the only entrance of the Baron Archipelago, also called the 'Devil's mouth'. It was a mangrove tunnel that made it impossible for the boat to continue forward. The air gave a chilly atmosphere, and you felt a little conscientious of going there with just a small raft.

Toriko paddled through the tunnel, with you and Komatsu sitting quietly, clutching his riffle tightly against his chest. Baron Sharks swarmed around the raft, causing your friend to gulp in uneasiness.

BARON SHARK (FISH) - CAPTURE LEVEL 1+

The level varied depending on their size, and a level of difficulty so high that it takes ten pro-hunters to bring the thing down (set by the IGO). Komatsu let out a scream when the sound of a flock of birds flew above his head.

"WH-WH-WH-WHAT WAS THAT?!" he yelled, tensed.

"Just the cry of some other wild beast. There are around 50 000 different creatures living on the Baron Archipelago. And the king reigning over them is none other than...the Galala Gator" said Toriko.

"If I recall correctly, the Galala Gator's ferocity increases with age. By the time it reaches its maximum age of 150 years, its Capture Level is 5. You need a thank maintained by the IGO in order to take something of that level down" you trembled.

"I'm resolved to do this....but I'm really scared!" Komatsu closed his eyes tightly.

You both fell forward with a shout when the raft ran into a sandy beach. Toriko had already left it, taking the lead and marching toward the jungle. You followed after him, all the while gazing at your surroundings in awe. It was both thrilling and terrifying.

Komatsu would often look behind his back, body shaking in fear. And you did understand his feelings. Nobody wanted to face head first a beast.

"I may have made a poor life choice, here" your friend shuddered. "How can you stay so calm, (y/n)?"

"That's because I'm shitting myself inside" you gave a shaky smile to the young man.

"There's no time like the present. Any time afterwards is the wrong time" said Toriko over his shoulder.

"I'm pretty sure that the present is the wrong time, too..." Komatsu retorted.

However, he froze when something fell all around him from the branches above his head. Snot coming out of his nose, he bit his lips tightly, turning to look at you with an expression of pure terror.

You could only mirror his as you saw what was attached to the back of his neck. A giant Baron leech, sucking his blood.

BARON LEECH (INSECT) - CAPTURE LEVEL -1

"GYAH! REMOVE IT, (Y/N)!" panicked Komatsu, gesturing wildly with his arms.

"It's just sucking your blood, don't worry about it" Toriko dismissed, not too concerned about your friend's safety.

"I'M TOTALLY GONNA WORRY ABOUT IT! ERK, IT'S ALL SQUISHY!"

"If you force it off, it'll open a gaping wound" you tried to calm him down. "We need salt...Toriko-san, do you have any idea where we can find some here?"

The man took a look around him, and walked to one of the mangrove trees. He took a few leaves of it, and approached Komatsu who was still struggling to get the leech off. Toriko squeezed them, a green substance coming out of the leaves and falling on top of the leech.

It immediately reacted by falling off from Komatsu's neck, crawling its way back to the jungle and far away.

"Uh?! What happened?"

"Sea water gives the mangrove leaves a high salt content, and since leeches are weak against..." said Toriko.

"I see. I will keep this in mind" you took out your notebook, writing down what you just learned.

You didn't know how much time you spent inside the island, with the dusk already settling. It became harder to see, with the darkness quickly overwhelming all of your senses. Komatsu and you stood close to Toriko, chills running down your back as the fores gave a worst airy feeling than before.

The Gourmet Hunter came to a sudden stop, while you continued forward. The blue haired man yelled something, but your mind didn't really register what was happening as a shadow fell over you. A huge kitty with long fangs, hissing and growling at you.

BARON TIGER (MAMMAL) - CAPTURE LEVEL 3

Of course you would encounter such beast in this archipelago. Why not? A Capture Level that takes 30 soldiers to bring down. And experimented at that. Komatsu tilted over, his whole body becoming frigid like a statue. You gulped, sweat rolling down your forehead as the tiger's breath lingered over your face. Toriko stepped in front of you, a strange aura surrounding him as he stated lowly:

"Want to mess with me?"

The Baron Tiger ran away with its tail between its legs, sounding like a frightened cat for an instance. You couldn't really explain what just happened there, and you felt like you just saw some kind of demon standing right above Toriko. But maybe you were just imagining things.

"I thought something funny was going on around here. Baron Tigers usually live deep within the Marshlands, so there shouldn't be any around here. Just like the Friday Monkeys we saw before" the hunter spoke.

"What do you mean?" you inquired, staring at him owlishly.

"They are cowardly, and are known for spending their entire lives inside of caves. To be out on the reef like that...They must have been driven from their normal habitat. I can't think of any other explanation. This isn't the work of just some Level 5 Galala Gator. It's something even greater than that, a predator with overwhelming power sitting right at the top of the food chain"

"P-Predator?" echoed with a stammer Komatsu.

"It's a been a long time, but maybe I'll end up using them once again..." Toriko continued, hands now in position to attack. "My Fork and Knife!"

Sun now long gone, the night finally settled on the Baron Archipelago. Your small group stopped near a pond to rest and finally eat after such a long walk through this creepy forest.

Toriko had captured Serpent Frogs for dinner, right when Komatsu was about to get eaten by one of them. The poor guy earned another heart attack in such a short span of time.

SERPENT FROG (AMPHIBIAN) - CAPTURE LEVEL 1

"Itadakimasu!" said Toriko with a grin, before biting into the meat eagerly.

"It's sure is tasty..." you sighed in content.

"But more importantly, don't you think it's quiet around here?" your friend pointed out, and you hummed in agreement.

Indeed, there was no sign of beasts or other life around this pond. The trees were withered, and they also looked like it has been the case for a long time.

The ground was in a similar state, with just a few dirty herbs sticking out once and a while, but clearly not edible. Only the pond (or was it a lake?) seems to retain a healthful appearance, still not polluted by whatever had power over this place.

"I'm getting the feeling that as we're nearing the Galala Gator's habitat, the amount of other creatures around is decreasing..."

"It's probably because they're being eaten" said Toriko, not easing your minds won't bit. "We don't know how big its appetite is, but from the looks of things here, it's possible that it could eat pretty much every creature on the entire Baron Archipelago"

"So...Life around here is in danger?" you said.

"Including ours...This is awful" sighed your friend, patting the back of his neck. "I'm still bleeding from where the leech bit me"

"Leeches secrete a substance called hirudin which prevents blood from clotting. It will stop eventually"

"And when exactly is 'eventually'?"

Toriko didn't answer because he whipped his head toward the lake, narrowing his eyes. Following where he was gazing at, you saw movement under the water where a long shadow emerged from the center. An enormous Swamp Snake appeared, scaring the wits out of you and Komatsu.

SWAMP SNAKE (REPTILE) - CAPTURE LEVEL 5

You shrieked as it plunged head first in Komatsu's direction. However, instead of trying to eat him, it fell dead on the ground. Your eyes wandered to the rest of the snake's body, and you gaped at the sight of a huge wound around the middle of its length. Something killed it with one bite, a huge chump of flesh tore pass the half of volume.

Toriko took a closer look, examining the wound attentively. Your friend was panicking in the background, spilling out about how there was no way for a Swamp Snake to die like this when it has a level of 5.

"Is it me or the jaw size isn't normal?" you said.

"Indeed. And how did it get the Swamp Snake? They're supposed to be hard to find..." the hunter mumbled, and his eyes widened when he caught sight of leeches lingering on the snake. "It was making the Baron Leeches suck this thing's blood, and then following the smell?"

You released a cry of surprise when the snake was dragged back in the lake, letting a trail of blood behind it. Not a second after, another beast emerged from the water. It was abnormally way bigger than what you expected. Komatsu froze on the spot, mouth agape at the size of this monster.

Toriko didn't seem fazed, his back still turned to the creature that came out from behind him.

"Speaking of which, you were also bitten by a Baron Leech" said Toriko. "So ever since the moment that we arrived on this island, we've also been targets....Your targets, Galala Gator!"

The clouds cleared to let the Moon's light pass through, and reveal the Galala Gator in all its glory. There was no way it was a Capture Level 5, and it was without a doubt more gigantic than a normal Galala Gator. This one was at least twice its age, making the beast even more dangerous.

You were wondering if IGO were aware of this information in the first place. Komatsu didn't tell you much about the mission after all. The alligator opened its jaw wide, revealing inside Baron Leeches. It was nesting them, and the Galala Gator used the smell of blood to track its prey down.

"Now it all makes sense. So you're the overwhelmingly powerful predator?" mused Toriko.

GALALA GATOR [300 YEARS OLD] (REPTILE) - CAPTURE LEVEL 8

The beast roared loudly, causing you and Komatsu to be pushed back by the strength of it. You landed on your ass behind a withered tree's bark, gazing at the Gourmet Hunter in worry.

"Toriko-san! It's beyond dangerous!" you said.

"300 years old...Its meat has gotten even tastier as its matured, right?"

"IS THIS REALLY THE TIME TO WORRY ABOUT HOW TASTY IT IS?"

"Heh. I may have decided on something...to add to my Full Course Menu!"

"Is he really doing that at a time like this?" sweatdropped Komatsu.

Toriko started to battle with the Galala Gator, and you were amazed to see he was doing well against the beast even with its level. Each time the animal charged at the man, he would avoid it by jumping side from side.

He recoiled his fist, and punched the alligator's jaw sideway. It used this momentum to swing its long tail and hit Toriko right in the chest, sending him flying. The Gourmet Hunter stood back on his feet, showing no apparent injuries from the attack. If you were to receive the hit, you probably wouldn't be still alive.

"Galala Gator" Toriko called. "Those hard scales, those tough fangs...Those sharp claws...And that jaw that probably has 3 tons of power. An appropriate look for the king of the Baron Archipelago. I will show you respect and present you with my...human weaponry!"

A mixed color of red and pink flames surrounded Toriko, and you were taken aback at the sight of a demon standing right above him. Just like when he managed to scare off the Baron Tiger.

For an instance, you thought you were seeing the demon holding unto a knife and a fork, with the Galala Gator being the food served on a silver plate. The Gourmet Hunter brought his hands together, closing his eyes as he stated:

"I give thanks to all the ingredients in this world...Itadakimasu!"

There it was, with the Galala Gator charging head first at Toriko. You only blinked once, and it was over. He had effortlessly lifted the beast in the air, and sliced it with no weapons or whatsoever. Just with his bare hands, as if they were indeed tools he could use to fight and dine with.

As it fell dead behind Toriko, the man slammed his hands together once more:

"Gochisousama deshita"

"A-Amazing..." breathed Komatsu, on the verge of tearing up. "This is Bishokuya Toriko!"

"Incredible!..." you added, too. "But I'm relieved to see that you are fine, Toriko-san"

"Ah, it was nothing! Let's dig in!" smiled Toriko, already cutting the meat from the beast's corpse.

Both you and Komatsu went quickly to work, and peeled off the reptile's skin to roast the chumps of meat you would gain from it. Because of the Galala Gator's size, you were able to have at least 10 portions.

Though, you weren't really sure if it was fine to eat the food for the party. Toriko didn't seem to mind one bit about the job's objective.

"Komatsu, should we really eat the meat? What about the party?" you asked your friend.

"It's fine" dismissed the Gourmet Hunter, taking a huge bite at the meat drumstick. "Anyhow, there's no way we could carry this huge thing back. And check it out! The marbled fat is sparkling!"

Toriko said it as he showed you a sliced part of the food. Almost just like the stars in the night sky. You couldn't help but drool along with Komatsu. Wolfing down the slice, the Gourmet Hunter's eyes shut open in amazement at the explosion of flavors in his mouth.

"It's incredible! After just one bite of this tender meat, juices continuously drip from it! It's a veritable flood of bouillon!" he said, eyes sparkling.

You tried some, and your cheeks blazed as joy filled your being. The texture and the fat felt like it's melting. This gave Komatsu and you the same idea to place the meat on top of the burning rock to sauté each side of the meat in its own fat, to the juices would be sealed inside.

"The outside is crunchy and fragrant!" exclaimed Toriko after he took a bite in the newfound way to cook the meat.

"Hum! It's really good" you nodded, smiling brightly.

"But tell me, why would you two who can make something as good as this come all the way to Baron Archipelago?"

"My dream is to become a first-class chef" answered immediately Komatsu. "I believe that if I don't see the ingredients as they are in their original form, I'll never be able to cook them as best I can. The first time I saw you hunt, Toriko-san, I realized that"

"Huh?" questioned Toriko, cocking his head.

"That's why I decided that I wanted to see the Galala Gator while it was still alive, even though it would be dangerous"

"For my part, I want to gather incredible ingredients and make the best recipes with them...There's so much to discover and cook, I'm just excited!" you told.

"Hm. When you eat delicious things, power flows through your body. That's because eating or cooking something means that you are receiving the power of its life. That's why we say 'itdakimasu'" said Toriko.

"Then, what's your dream?"

"To create a Lifetime Full Course Menu" he replied, gazing absently. "Starting with an hors-d'oeuvre, then soup, a fish dish, a meat dish, a main dish, a salad, a dessert, and a drink. I've actually only decided on one of them, though. Right now my menu is full of nothing but blanks. But someday I'm sure I'll complete it. There are still plenty of delicious things in this world that no one knows about. And those delicious things, all with different lives, I want to meet every single one of them"

"Toriko-san, if an opportunity like this arises again, would it be okay if we come with you?" demanded Komatsu.

"Do what you want. There's no time like the present"

"And any time afterwards is the wrong time, right?!" you chuckled, and Toriko returned your grin.

"Komatsu, (y/n)! Let's keep frying more of this stuff up!"

"A-Aye, Toriko-san!"

"W-Wait, you two!" you stammered, gesturing wildly. "We still need some for the party-"

When morning came, both Komatsu and Toriko had eaten up all the meat. Even the man's belly was inflated like a balloon by how much he consumed the food. You stood aside, watching with a deadpan your friend panicking about how it was all gone.

"Manager-san will be angry, Komatsu" you pointed out.

"AHHHHHHH! YOU'RE RIGHT! Why would you eat it all?!" the young man shouted at the hunter, whose expression became serious.

"Whatever I eat, I eat till there's nothing left. That's my rule!" Toriko retorted, before his face returned goofy. "Aw, man, I'm stuffed!"

"You're a glutton!/ I told you that we couldn't eat all of it!" you shouted at the same time with Komatsu who was yelling another thing in the background.

"What are we going to tell our superiors?!"

"We?! You're the one who has to deal with them!"

"(y/n)-chan! This is cruel!"

"Just tell them this - it was totally delicious" told Toriko who didn't help the situation at all.

"WHAT GOOD IS THAT GONNA DO?! FORGET BEING THE GREATEST COOK, I'M GONNA GET FIRED!"

"It was delicious! But it was still a step below getting into my Full Course..."

"SO AFTER ALL THAT, YOU'RE GIVING IT A FAILING GRADE?!"

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

294K 7.6K 59
Moshi moshi~! This is a Male Various x reader story! The love interests will be males only, and I will be using her/she pronouns. There will be many...
60.4K 1.7K 30
literally just another headcanon/scenario book, but you're basically a half-Kaiju. Half human, half... Kaiju.
240K 8.2K 20
**We own nothing.** Please don't sue us. We decided that there weren't enough Kaido x Readers out there so we made one. We hope everyone enjoys!