flower girl {s.m}

By MsFangurl

Shawn Mendes attends his first Met Gala, practically an A-List Prom. He's young, successful, kind, and attrac... More

cast
chapter 1: garden godess
chapter 2: text mates
chapter 3: in love
chapter 4: interviews
chapter 5: special guest
chapter 6: cant keep my hands to myself
chapter 8: free fallin'
chapter 9: city lights
chapter 10: nervous
chapter 11: fallin' all in you
chapter 12: a song
chapter 13: lucky
chapter 14: alive
chapter 15: angels
chapter 16: charlie
chapter 17: happy
chapter 18: sucker
chapter 19: when you're ready
chapter 20: the sun
chapter 21: ten years
chapter 22: carefree and happy
chapter 23: strong
chapter 24: crush
chapter 25: falling in love
chapter 26: canada
chapter 27: bye, canada.
chapter 28: I still...
chapter 29: scars
chapter 30: the safe place
chapter 31: 💔
chapter 32: she'll be the one
announcement
award show
paris
for me
dress
together
drunk
charlotte
baby
jealous
toronto

chapter 7: new year's day

2.3K 39 7
By MsFangurl

new year's day - taylor swift

There's glitter on the floor after the party
Girls carrying their shoes down in the lobby
Candle wax and Polaroids on the hardwood floor
You and me from the night before

December 31, 2018

Crystal left the Mendes' residences after going ice skating. She had to collect her mom and dad from the airport (so they can spend their holidays together) and run some errands such as get her rental car. She wanted Shawn to spend time with his family for the holidays (so did he) so they promised they'd see each other again. That day being  Shawn's new year's party at his condo.

Shawn was scrambling around his place trying to get everything ready for when everyone comes tonight. This wasn't really his thing, decorating and planning a party. He let out an exasperated sigh after about 2 hours of switching up the decorations to hang around. When he finally realized that he spent way too long doing that he grabbed his phone to call Crystal, who he hoped knew a lot more about being organized.

"Hey," he sighed a tired sigh again when she answered.

"Hey!" she replied with her usual enthusiasm. "Let me guess. Not doing too well in party-prepping, Mendes?"

"No." Shawn grumbled childishly as he plopped on the couch. "Please tell me you have the slightest idea what to do?"

"Not really, but yes I will come over and help you." Crystal smiled already getting up to get ready. This made Shawn smile widely too. They hung up and Crystal was ready in a few minutes. She headed for the stores to buy some fairy lights and other decorations and party needs.

*

Shawn's doorbell rang and he sprung up the couch to go get it. Crystal was at the door with a few shopping bags wearing a white shirt, grey sweatpants, and a leather jacket. They greeted each other with a kiss on the cheek. They wasted no time and began decorating.

"Here is this the right spot—" Crystal was putting up decorations when her stool toppled over and she was falling the next second.

"Watch out!" Shawn says catching her by the waist. Fortunately he was strong enough not to fall over with her so he stood there hugging her by the waist as her feet dangled from the floor. "Goodness! Are you okay?" Shawn was worried when she didn't say anything.

Oh she was more than fine. Crystal was began laughing loudly saying "I am such an idiot!"

For some reason he found the whole situation hilarious and was still laughing as Shawn put her down.

"You are something else." Shawn said smirking at Crystal and pointing a finger at her.

They decided that Shawn can put up the decorations and Crystal spot if they're on the perfect spot.

*

"And that, Mendes, is how you throw a party!" Crystal sighed plopping on the couch when they've finished preparing.

"Thanks Crys. "

Crystal headed back to her house (or rather crew house in which the movie crew rented for the actors and producers to stay at while filming) to get ready for the party. Soon enough she was ready. She was dressed in a white dress with (of course) flowers in her hair.

Seeing that she was fashionably late, the apartment was already packed with unfamiliar people.

Shawn was catching up with some of his friends when he saw the door open, and in walks Crystal. She shyly smiled to the unfamiliar faces. Like always, Shawn stood frozen on his spot as he saw her. She was still breathtaking up close, through a tv-screen, or 15 feet away. Shawn's friends nudged him when they noticed his big eyes, urging him to go over to the pretty lady.

"Looks like the party prep was a success." Crystal smirked when she saw Shawn.

He opened his mouth to say something but for some reason nothing came out so Crystal pulled him into a hug. "You look absolutely gorgeous." Shawn said in a low breath during the hug.

Crystal's cheeks burned red and she suddenly became aware of Shawn's hands touching her bare back as they hugged.

"Now, who is this beautiful flower girl you got here, Mendes?" A girl's voice said. The two pulled away from their hug. Crystal's eyes averted to the speaker who was a pretty Latina girl, about her age. The girl's eyes widened when she saw who it was. "Oh my gosh, you're Crystal Paige. I love you!"

Shawn chuckled at his friend that he was looking forward to see again tonight. "Camila, this is Crystal. Crys, this is Camila."

Camila grew even more enthusiastic when Crystal told her that she has been a fan of Camila and listens to her songs. Knowing that Camila and Crystal would get a long, Shawn told the two girls that he'll be back and pressed a kiss to Crystal's forehead. They were both taken a back but Crystal didn't say anything. Shawn, not knowing what came over him, walked away embarrassed. Camila wiggled her eyebrows and started telling Crystal that she has been waiting for Shawn to get a girl for so long while she pulled her to meet the others.

Camila introduced Crys to the people she knew but there were also times that neither of them knew who somebody was. People from the music industry were there and some of Shawn's friends from home. They danced, ate, drank, and socialized on the last day of the year.

"Im gonna go get another drink." Crystal announced to the group of people on the couch that she was just talking to. She spotted Shawn in the kitchen. "Hey, haven't seen you in a while."

"Yeah. Doin' alright?" Shawn asked with a smile. He went to reach a cup on the counter behind Crystal and they were suddenly standing too close. This time Crystal was speechless because she couldn't focus on anything else but Shawn standing close. Shawn seemed to forget about the cup he was meaning to get instead he stood there also enjoying the moment.

Coincidentally, the first slow song of the night came through the speakers. Slow songs were technically not part of the party plan but they both recognized it as New Year's Day by Taylor Swift. This probably meant that it was almost midnight.

"Care for a dance, Crystal Paige?" Shawn whispered as if too shy to ask.

"Of course." It brought a smile to Crytal's face.

They came over on a spot by the living room. As expected, the two danced like little kids playfully. Shawn would twirl Crystal and she would curtsy and they would both laugh at how childish they both were.

There was a moment when everything slowed down around them. They caught each other's eyes. They would never forget the picture they saw in that moment. Shawn's eyes was brighter than she's ever seen them and everything in the background war just a blur. In Shawn's case, her gray eyes seemed deeper than ever before.

Hold on to the memories, they will hold on to you
And I will hold on to you

The moment ended and they flashed back to reality both of them awestruck with what just happened. Crystal smiled her award-winning smile and pulled Shawn closer, locking her arms behind his neck. Shawn hugged her back by her waist and they continued to sway with the music. Since Shawn was rather tall, Crystal placed her bare feet (she took off her heels an hour ago because that's just what Crystal would do) on top of Shawn's boots and she let him lead the both of them in their swaying.

Don't read the last page
But I stay when it's hard or it's wrong or we're making mistakes
I want your midnights
But I'll be cleaning up bottles with you on New Year's Day.

After a good while slow dancing, Crystal's feet touched the floor. She looked up to Shawn, just to enjoy the view. Her arms now around his waist instead of his neck. Shawn's eyes were focused out in the window where the CN Tower was joined by fireworks in the sky. Both just trying to get the most of the moment.

Crystal realized she never even came close to a moment like this. She didn't have prom. She never got to dance with the cutest guy in high school because well, she had to film movies. She never got the feeling of whats it liked to be asked to dance. Or secret letters in her locker. Or even dance with her dad around the living room or maybe at her birthday party.

Shawn's head was filled of blurry memories of prom. How he danced with the girl that broke his heart. Wondering if he felt the same way he was feeling right now. He could only remember vaguely because mostly what was running through his head was the many times Crystal's eyes froze him on the spot. Those eyes. It gave me a certain feeling every time they showed any kind of emotion. He thought.

Their thoughts were overpowered by every one counting down the last seconds of 2018.

Shawn finally looked down to the girl who was already looking at him. She looked deep in though but smiled when he looked down. And there it was again. Her eyes gave him 'the feeling' but this time her eyed were filled with an emotion he could not read. "Can I kiss you?" He asked, almost pleading.

Crystal bit her lip fighting off a smirk. It felt like sparks shot out of her fingertips. Her fingers burning where it touched him. "I don't know can you?" Typical sarcastic Crystal.

"3, 2, 1. Happ-" The loud voices were magically muted as Shawn took a hold of her jaw to connect their lips in a slow kiss.

Crystal kissed back smiling in the kiss because somehow she felt Shawn's emotion in the kiss. He kissed her slowly, passionately, seriously, delicately as if not wanting to mess up.

Please don't ever become a stranger whose laugh I could recognize anywhere.

WIG! Omg can i get a Shawn Mendes please. inspired by TSwift's New years Day. and if somehow you didnt catch on the italicized paragraphs was the song playing in the back ground. Also finals are next week, pray for my soul. Thanks. Not proof read because it was too long lol. gotta eat dinner now

vote, comment, share!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

96.7K 1.6K 23
Luna Holt was a slave to them the people she calls gene donors. She can't say she hates them nor can she say she loves them because they are her biol...
268K 5K 108
Set in 2006.Following the World Cup in Germany and finishing his relationship with Merche, Cristiano is tired his family's consent nagging about his...
29.6K 444 14
Adeline Ackers never even thought of falling in love. She was young she had every right to go out partying and make friends and just be care free. He...
1K 91 7
The character who is known as Ayanokouji Kiyotaka, had just finished his first year of high school. And the recent most notable thing he did was to c...