BECOMING HUMAN

By KawaiiExpertise

Aurora has been an orphan her entire life with no clue of who she really is and where she came from. Aurora h... More

CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 32
CHAPTER 33
CHAPTER 34
CHAPTER 35
CHAPTER 36
CHAPTER 37
CHAPTER 38
CHAPTER 39
CHAPTER 40
CHAPTER 41
CHAPTER 42
CHAPTER 43
CHAPTER 44 (ANNOUNCEMENTS AT THE END!)
CHAPTER 45
CHAPTER 46
CHAPTER 47
CHAPTER 48
CHAPTER 49
CHAPTER 50
CHAPTER 51
CHAPTER 52
CHAPTER 53
CHAPTER 54
CHAPTER 55
CHAPTER 56
CHAPTER 57
CHAPTER 58
CHAPTER 59

CHAPTER 20

122 8 6
By KawaiiExpertise

As the weeks were drawing by, Logan started to stop by every day, and Aurora was happy to greet him. Despite their friendship building, Aurora began to feel some sort of longing for a past memory.

Her freedom.

Although she hated being homeless and not being able to shower or enjoy food freely like the upper class, Aurora wanted to dress more boyish, and she was beginning to develop an urge of wanting to be free—outside of her apartment—not imprisoned. Aurora wanted more than just being a good girl, waiting for her prince to bring home the riches every night. Aurora reminisced on stealing food again because it brought pleasure to her. She enjoyed the rush she'd received when she was able to get away with her bad habits. Aurora wanted to venture out and explore the world—not be kept in a box which wealthy people called 'ideal living'.

When she had informed Jungkook of her needs, he nodded humbly and started to bring Aurora a variety of clothing to wear. Aurora was grateful for Jungkook taking the initiative to provide what she was craving.

On a cold, icy day, Aurora opens the front door, being greeted by Logan's embrace. He gives Aurora a kiss on the forehead. Aurora playfully shoved him off, shouting, "Hey!"

"You know you missed me," Logan teasingly runs his finger up her chin. Coming in, with a bag—as usual—he sets it down on the ground. "Guess what?"

"What?" Aurora smirks as she folds her arms.

"I brought you an outfit," Logan pulls out a pair of boy shorts and a nice black sweater.

"Woah, this looks cool!" Aurora gapes in awe. She couldn't imagine the price for the clothing.

"I just took it off the rack at the studio—if you don't mind," Logan shrugs.

"No, no! I don't mind hand me downs, honestly!" Aurora takes the clothing from his hands and admires them in awe.

"By the way," Logan gave Aurora a satisfied look. "I love the outfit you have on," Logan closes the door and glances at her. "It brings out your tomboyish features."

Aurora popped her head up to Logan and said, "Thanks." Aurora settles the outfit on the couch and places her hands on her firm hips. "Well, I guess I'll try these on soon."

Sitting at the kitchen table, Logan watched Aurora carefully, examining her delicate and interesting figure. "Why not try them on now?"

"Uh, why?" Aurora looks at him funny.

"I just wanna see if it fits you right."

"I'm pretty sure it does," Aurora shrugged nonchalantly. "But, alright." Aurora went to the bathroom to change into the joggers and crop top. Coming out, she slipped her hands into her pockets smoothly and posed. Logan clapped his hands, as though he was the audience applauding a magnificent performance. "It looks very nice!" Logan framed Aurora with his fingers and winked. "You might even be able to play off being a model."

"A model?" Aurora had to stifle her laugh. "Oh, please. I wasn't born to model."

"And you think half of the chicks in the modeling industry is?"

"Hey, that's a tad bit rude." Aurora grinned playfully.

"Well, it's true." Logan waves it off. "Anyways, what's on today's agenda?"

Aurora groaned, dropping onto the couch. "The usual. Stay home all day, be bored and watch TV...maybe sit on the balcony..." Aurora counted all the possibly uninteresting things she could do again.

"Okay," Logan stands up, dusting his hands off clean. "It's time for you to get out of this place. Since the time I've met you, all you've done is stay indoors. What are you, a sheltered-in wife?"

Aurora laid her arm over her eyes. "I might as well be, at this point."
Logan came over and pulled her up to her surprise. "Come on, let's go for a ride."

"A ride?"

"Yeah," Logan whips out his car keys and dangles them in Aurora's face. "I drive."

Aurora's eyes followed his keys back into his pocket. "Well, excuse me. Looks like being twenty gives you all the perks."

"And it looks like being eighteen is about to introduce you to some perks." Logan takes Aurora's hand and leads her out.

Once they reached outside, Logan led Aurora to the black Hummer parked in front of the complex. Aurora automatically headed for the backseat.

"Hey, hey, hey!" Logan peeked through the driver's door. "What am I? A taxi? Sit in the front!"

Aurora stared at him for a moment then said, "Oh." She closes the door and enters in passenger seat.

Buckling his seatbelt, Logan pushed the key into the ignition. Aurora clenched her seat, feeling the car vibrate aggressively. The car then fell into a calm hum. Looking at Logan, she found him eyeing her. Aurora furrowed an eyebrow. "Is there a reason why you're looking at me like that?"

Logan rested his elbow on the wheel, leaning closer to Aurora. Panicky, Aurora quickly held him back with one arm. "What are you doing?"

"Calm down, you have dirt clinging to your eye," Carefully, the male plucked the dirt off of Aurora's eyelash. She winced silently, giving Logan an awkward glance.

Logan dusted his hands off. "Don't give me that look. Next time, look in the mirror to see if you're properly groomed."

"Well, excuse me. I didn't know I had a father lecturing me."

"It should be your father lecturing you." Logan smirked as he pulled out from the parking spot. Wanting a reaction from the tomboy, he gave her a quick glance. He was befuddled to see the girl sit quietly and stare into her lap.

"Well, I don't have a father." Aurora replied.

"...ah." Logan mumbles. "Sorry." Not hearing Aurora respond, Logan felt bad. He didn't realize that his joke was actually hitting close to home. "Do you mind telling me what hap—" Logan stops himself mid-sentence. "Never mind."

Aurora eyed him. "What?"

"It's nothing." Logan concluded. He remembered how flustered Aurora became when he previously tried to pry her business out of her. He didn't want a repeat of what happened.

"If it's about my father, I don't know," Aurora shrugs nonchalantly. "In all honesty, I could care less. That's one less asshole in my life to deal with."

Logan chuckled at Aurora's vulgar statement. "That's how you view your dad?"

"Can't tell you how I view him when I've never seen him."

"Touché."

During the drive, Aurora subconsciously leaned her forearm on the armrest of the door. She bounced her arm off, gawking at it.

"What's wrong?" Logan gives her a side glance. "Did you see something?"

"N-No..." Aurora sighs rubbing her neck. "I've never personally driven in a car with anyone before, so its pretty awkward to just...relax."

"Is that why you've been so tense? Geez, lighten up! Where are you from anyway?!" Logan yelped. "You're such an alien."

Aurora laughed hysterically. "Well...that's a long story."

"I love long stories, if you haven't noticed."

Aurora hummed doubtfully, rolling her eyes toward the window. "I don't know. I don't think I'm ready to come out with my past yet."

"Damn, you really love leaving your audience at the edge of their seats, do you?"

"Not really..." Aurora muttered. "I'd prefer they fall off and perhaps break something." Aurora was thinking about all the 1st class citizens who watched people like her suffer from not living the life that was trending. They watched her and other people in poverty as though they were dogs in the street. It made Aurora bitter just at the thought.

"How about some lunch since it's after one? I'll treat ya."

Aurora balled her fists.

"Aurora?"

Aurora blinked. "Huh?"

"Lunch. After one. My treat. How about it?"

"Oh, hell yeah! Sounds like a plan!" Aurora clapped. "Now we're talking!"

"Alright, lunch it is."

"Jungkook, can I have a word with you?" Allen peeks into the resource room, seeing the AI among the other models. Jungkook nodded and went outside into the hallway. "Say, have you given your owner my message?"

Jungkook stayed quiet for a moment, thinking back to some time ago. "...no."

Allen folded his arms and furrowed an eyebrow. "Why not? Don't you want me to meet her?"

"I...I don't know." Jungkook whispered. He held his forehead.

"You must have forgotten. It's alright," Allen holds Jungkook's shoulder reassuringly. "It's strange for an AI to forget things though, don't you think?"

"I didn't forget..." Jungkook countered.

Allen saw that Jungkook wasn't in the mood to really speak at the moment. "Is something wrong?"

Jungkook glanced up at his boss a bit frightened.

"Do you need to talk about anything in particular...? In my office or something if it's too private to mention out here?"

"Well," Jungkook held his chin.

Walking into Allen's office, Allen locks the door. "Take a seat."

Jungkook sat politely in front of his desk, balling his fists on his thighs. Allen sat down behind the desk and folded a leg over the other. "So, tell me, what is the issue?"

Jungkook shrugged. "I don't know."

"Now it can't just be 'I don't know'. I've been paying a lot of attention to you, Jungkook, and—"

"You pay an awful amount of attention to me." Jungkook says defensively. "And I don't understand why you put so much stress on me becoming the new lead of your photoshoots."

Allen hid his mouth behind his interlocked hands.

"I already told you how many times that I'm only here to work for my master. She does not need to get involved with anybody here."

"And why is that?"

"She doesn't trust people. And I don't either."

Allen smiled pitifully. "You know, you sound just like my son," Allen stood up stylishly, slipping his hands into his pockets. Once he had done so, Jungkook immediately realized that Allen was not in his usual casual attire. He was dressed in an all-black suit—from head to toe he was sharp. His hair was slick and nicely coated with mousse, which brought out his green eyes. He didn't look as friendly. He looked mean and more of a dictator than a democrat. "He's always skeptical of people...defiant, ready to put the blame on others, and not willing to change." Allen turned to look back at Jungkook, who wielded a nervous expression. "But you're not entirely like that, are you?" Allen questions him undoubtedly.

Jungkook fixed his collar, trying to calm his nerves. "I don't know who your son is, sir."

"Of course, you may have seen him around. He's always running an errand for me. He forgets the fact that I'm the reason why he has what he has today, that foolish son of mine," Allen chuckles. "It's no wonder his mother always slapped him around when he was a child. Always ungrateful of what he had..."

Jungkook was oblivious to why his boss was expressing these things to him.

"Nonetheless..." Allen stands behind his chair, turning it at a tempo. "...it's up to you whether or not you want to let me meet your master. But just know that I always get what I want."

Stunned by his tone, Jungkook shook his head. "What do you mean?"

"You'll see." Allen lifts his hand invitingly. "You're free to go, Mr. Kook. I just hope that you are working for the right motives, and not out of selfish inclinations."

Dismissed from the room, Jungkook found himself outside of his room. He stared distantly at the wall in front of him. He was confused and disturbed by Mr. Dechart's attitude.

What did I do...? Jungkook questioned himself.

Clenching his shirt, he bit his lower lip. "...ah."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

62.3K 2.4K 27
How could you possibly forget him? You couldn't even if you wanted to. You wanted to extract core memories of the two of you and store them in a pens...
272K 13.1K 47
"Jung--------" "Jimin... Please.. I never Loved you! like never ever! leave me alone, please! " Jungkook pleaded at Jimin. "Take care Jungkook" Jimi...
37.9K 3.4K 35
Park Jimin is broke. Being a 24 year old law university graduate, he is jobless and is living in a old apartment. Broke to the point, where he doesn...