When Stars are Hidden

By farslimah

COMPLETED ✔️✔️ Excerpt. *** "I won't bite. . .yet. . .I promise" He said with a teasing smirk. Walking in t... More

COPYRIGHT
PROLOGUE
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
A/N
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
A/N
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
A/N
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
The Ring
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40 (Part A)
Chapter 40 (Part B)
Extra
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55(The Beginning of The End)
THIS MUST STOP✊🏿

Chapter 51

3.8K 267 25
By farslimah

"I'm calling in." Tawfiq insisted.

Naima didn't feel well so she had asked for a day off to regain her energy.
Tawfiq didn't want to leave her alone at home, in case she needed something.

"Just go. I'm going to end up sleeping the rest of the day anyway. I'll be fine. If anything, you are on speed dial." Naima assured.

Tawfiq was reluctant to let her be on her own but he agreed nonetheless.

"Fine. If anything comes up, call me first." Tawfiq reminded her.

"Yes, dad." Naima rolled her eyes.

Tawfiq shook his head and chuckled.

He moved closer to her and wrapped his hands around her waist.

"You know I love you, right?" Tawfiq questioned as he stared into Naima's eyes.

"I know you do. I love you too." Naima said to him.

Tawfiq kissed her for a few seconds and bent down on one knee to reach her stomach. It was the end of the first trimester already, her stomach hadn't gotten big yet but it was showing a little.

"Little one, you know I love you too. Be a good baby for mommy, okay? Fist bump?" Tawfiq said to Naima's stomach as he made a fist with his hand.

Naima was just looking down at him in awe, the way his eyes always glowed up when he was talking to the baby. It was amazing.

Just then the baby kicked Naima.

"Ow! You made the baby kick me. " Naima chuckled.

"Me? I just said I wanted a fist bump." Tawfiq shrugged.

"Well no more fist bumps for you." Naima replied.

Tawfiq chuckled at her.

"Sure, babe, sure. I gotta run or I'll be late." Tawfiq said and kissed her cheeks.

He winked at her, took his keys and left.

〰️
Tawfiq was in his office, when he heard a knock on the door.

He looked at the door for a second.

"Come in." Tawfiq said out.

The door opened to reveal Karen.
Tawfiq removed the glasses he wore at work and rubbed his eyes.

What's wrong with this woman!?
Tawfiq's mind screamed.

"What can I do for you, Miss Brown?" Tawfiq said with his head down.

"You look very handsome in glasses." Karen smiled.

"I see. What can I do for you?" Tawfiq asked again, looking up at her.

Karen moved closer to Tawfiq's office table.

Tawfiq looked at her movements slowly.

"Where are you going, Karen?" Tawfiq spoke in a warning tone.

"I just wanted to let you explain some document stuff to me, that's all." Karen said innocently.

"You can fax the documents to me. I'll explain it and fax it back. There's no need to be here." Tawfiq pointed out to her.

"I wanted direct understanding, you know, up close and whatnot." Karen slyly said as she moved closer to his seat to stand by his legs.

"What are you doing?" Tawfiq exclaimed.

Damn. Damn... What the heck was she doing?

"Oops sorry." Karen fell on his laps.

"Get up! Karen! I said get up!" Tawfiq growled.

"I'm so sorry." Karen apologized but made no effort to get up.

Just then the door opened. Revealing Naima, with eyes wide in shock.

"Habiba." Tawfiq muttered when he saw Naima.

〰️

Naima was bored.
She had been sleeping for a while and now she was tired of sleeping so she started walking around the house but she got bored again.

She should have taken Tawfiq's offer up for him to stay home. They could have been having fun at the moment. But she had to be the caring wife who thought about her husband every second of the day.
She did.

Just then an idea popped into her head.

She was going to visit him at work.

She quickly dressed up and made her way to the company.

When she got there, she stopped at the receptionist's desk.

"How may I help you?" The lady behind the desk asked her.

"I'm looking for Tawfiq. Tawfiq Abdul Rahim." Naima said.

"May I ask who you are?" The lady asked further.

"I'm Naima. His wife." Naima smiled.

"Oh Mrs. Abdul Rahim. You should have just said that before. You have an amazing husband. Go right up to the 20th floor. The office to your left." The lady answered.

"Umm... Thanks." Naima said, confused.

What's with the compliment?
She was going to make Tawfiq start wearing a niqab. People just can't keep their gazes to themselves, could they?

When she got to his office on the 20th floor, she stood in front of his door and heard something about someone being told to get up.

She opened the door to see a woman sitting on Tawfiq's laps.

〰️

"Habiba." Tawfiq mumbled.

Naima just turned around without another word and left the office.

"Damn it!" Tawfiq got up quickly which caused Karen to fall.
He didn't even spare her a glance and just ran after Naima.

Naima was already in the elevator when Tawfiq came running towards her but before he could reach there, the door closed with a ping.

Tears welled up in Naima's eyes but she didn't cry.

Tawfiq took the stairs down to the ground floor and Karen came out of the office and followed them down using the other elevator.

Tawfiq got to the ground floor to see Naima stepping out of the elevator with other people and ran to her.

He was breathing rapidly.
He had just run 20 floors down.

"Naima, wait. I can explain. It's not what you think." Tawfiq tried to explain.

"I haven't thought anything, Tawfiq." Naima said as she tried to hold back her tears.

Her eyes welled up.

Just then, Karen came closer to Tawfiq.
She smiled in a fake apologetic way.

The audacity of her.

"I'm really sorry, miss. But Tawfiq and I sort of click and this wasn't how we imagined you..." Tawfiq cut Karen off.

"Stop being a lying bitch! Just leave me alone for God's sake!" Tawfiq shouted, which brought attention to them.

"Tawfiq, calm down." Naima said to him.

He was getting angry. Too angry. And an angry Tawfiq was never good.

Naima on the other hand, was done being pushed over.
She was tired of letting people get the best of her. She was done hiding her voice and letting people walk over her.
She was so done.

She moved closer to Karen.

"Find your own husband." She sneered and slapped her cheek. Before Karen could react to what was going on, Naima had slapped the other cheek.

"Next time I see or even hear you being around my husband or wrapping your long tentacles around him, you're going to regret it. I don't care if you are the CEO's sister or the CEO herself. Be the president of America for all I care. Just know, I will make sure you regret it." Naima warned, threatened.

Karen was just flabbergasted.

She had her hands on her cheeks, still trying to process what just happened.

Everyone was watching what had been going on. Some looked at her in disappointment and spoke under the breath.
She quietly left the area to avoid any further embarrassment.

Naima started to walk away from the company.
Tawfiq was just standing there confused on what to do.
Was he to follow her?

"Are you going to stand there like a mannequin or are you going to send me home? Some stupid lama just ruined my afternoon." Naima turned to say to Tawfiq.

He made a signal to the lady at the desk and followed Naima out of the company.

⚜️

"You were amazing today." Tawfiq said with a smile.

He had literally died when Naima left abruptly.

"I was, wasn't I?" She grinned. "So badass. Next time she won't mess with my husband." Naima puckered her lips at Tawfiq, who just grinned like there was no tomorrow.

"I almost died when you left just like that." Tawfiq confessed.

"I was really angry at first, but during the time I was in the elevator, I thought things through. And I thought, one, my Tawfiq isn't that stupid to have an office affair. He's too smart. Two, he fears Allah too much to do that. Three, I heard something about you telling someone to get up. Four... well, I trust you too much. " Naima revealed.

She really did trust Tawfiq. Too much even. She could place her life in his hands.

"Come here." Tawfiq opened up his hands and Naima came in for a hug.

Tawfiq hugged her tighter as he caressed her back.

"I will never do anything like that to you. Ever. I have Allah as my witness." Tawfiq promised.

"I know Tawfiq, I know." Naima said.

"So about your job. What will you do now? I sort of slapped the CEO's sister." Naima mumbled.

"Sort of? You slapped the heck out of her brains. I would have done it but, I don't hit females." Tawfiq pointed out. "But Anita sent a message. Apologizing on her sister's behalf. She asked me to come back to work if I wanted to. Her sister has been relieved of duty. So if you are okay with it..." Tawfiq trailed.

"Do you like working there? "Naima asked.

"Yhh... It's nice. " Tawfiq replied.

"Then, it's up to you to decide if you want to work there or not. I don't really mind." Naima shrugged.

Her problem was with that witch and since she wasn't in his workplace anymore, it didn't matter.

"Thanks, babe." Tawfiq said with a large smile and kissed the side of her head.

〰️

"There you are. " The doctor said and stopped moving the ultrasound machine at the spot.

"That's the baby. It's not that big yet but you can still see it. Can you hear it's heartbeat now?"

Dum Dum Dum dum

The computer attached to the machine sounded.

"Tawfiq, I can hear it. It's strong." Naima exclaimed.

"It is." Tawfiq smiled.

"You want to know the sex of the child?" The doctor asked.

"Do you want to know?" Tawfiq asked Naima instead.

"No, not yet. I want it to be a surprise." Naima answered.

"Whatever you want, Habiba." Tawfiq smiled.

〰️

"I'll come for you when I close from work." Tawfiq smirked.

"Happy Anniversary, babe." He kissed her lips.

It was their first anniversary and Tawfiq had a big surprise for her.
It felt like they'd been married for ages already.
It had just been a year so far.

"Happy Anniversary, Tawfiq." Naima kissed him back too.

"Don't be late." Tawfiq winked.

"Don't worry." Naima replied.

Tawfiq left right after to go to work.

〰️

Tawfiq was on his way to pick Naima up when he had a phone call.

"Salaam mu Alaykum." Tawfiq greeted.

"Waa Alaykum Salaam." Tawfiq's mother - Ayisha - replied.

"What do you want, mother? " Tawfiq asked quickly.

"No 'I miss you mommy'?" Ayisha demanded.

"Miss!? You sent people after my fricking wife! Mother, I thought I told you to not meddle in my life any more?" Tawfiq growled over the phone.

"Don't raise your voice at me. I didn't ask you to get married without telling your family. Now listen to me, boy. Bring yourself back to the Emirates and bring the child that so called wife of yours is carrying. Don't you dare come with her. Divorce her before you come back here. Don't let me make your life a living hell. " Ayisha threatened.

Tawfiq didn't understand why his mother hated him so much. He just wanted to be free to do what he wanted. He didn't want to go back. Why couldn't she understand that?

"Mom, why? What have I ever done to you? You know what? I'm sorry if I ever did anything to make you want to make my life this miserable. I'm so sorry, mom. I really am. I'm begging you, just please let me live my life the way I want to. Please." Tawfiq begged his mother.
He hadn't called his mother, mom, in years. Maybe it would touch her heart and let her think things through.

"My little boy, I'm doing all this for you. One day you'll realize this was all in your best interests. Let's make everything simple. Close all loose ends and come back with my grandchild and I will let you choose any woman you want here to marry." Ayisha bargained.

"No! I don't want anyone else! I just want Naima, only her. And I'm not coming back!" Tawfiq was breathing heavily. He was still driving and his mother was making it difficult to concentrate.

"Don't say I didn't warn you, son." Ayisha disconnected the call.

"Damn it!" Tawfiq hit the steering wheel in anger.

It was his wedding anniversary. He couldn't go for their dinner date angry. It was supposed to be a happy day.

"Calm down, calm down, Tawfiq. You wouldn't want Naima asking why you are so angry." He told himself and tried to calm down as he made his way home.

〰️

"You seem... I don't know... Stiff?" Naima noted.

Tawfiq seemed on edge the whole time they had dinner that night. And Naima didn't fail to notice it. They had just spoken a few times during the time. Mostly Naima speaking and Tawfiq just smiling slightly and answering when needed.

"It's nothing. I'm just so shocked that it's been a year already." Tawfiq lied.

"It has been. Hasn't it?" Naima looked at the night sky.

It was a beautiful night and they had decided to go for a walk around before heading home. She breathed in the night air.

Tawfiq stopped Naima in her tracks before she could move further.

"Habiba, promise me something." Tawfiq stared at her intently.

Naima nodded.

"No matter what, you will listen to what I have to say first before you make any conclusions." Tawfiq concluded.

Naima didn't get why he was talking so cryptically all of a sudden.

"Is it about Karen? I said I understand." Naima was confused.

"I know. But it's not only Karen. Others may try to break us up. Try to come up with lies and stuff to break us apart. That's why I'm asking you to promise me to listen to what I have to say first before you come to a conclusion. I will listen to anything you have to say first before I conclude on anything too. But promise me you will do same. Please. " Tawfiq took her hands in his.

"I promise. I will listen to whatever you have to say first." Naima said unsurely.

"Thank you." Tawfiq exhaled.

Naima just nodded.

They walked for a while and went back to their car at the restaurant and quickly drove home as it was getting late.

When they arrived, there was a car Naima couldn't recognize, parked in front of their house.

"Are you expecting anyone tonight?" Naima asked as she got out of the car to look closely at the other car.

Tawfiq followed right behind her.

"No. But the car is expecting you." Tawfiq stated.

"Me? Why?" Naima was confused but when she turned she saw Tawfiq holding a car key in his hand.

"Ya Allah!" Naima clasped her mouth.

Tawfiq just smiled and walked towards her.

"Happy Anniversary." Tawfiq said.

It was a Mercedes-Benz X-class, newest edition.

She had seen it together with Tawfiq on the television once and she had made a comment about how nice it was. That man was just... Heavens help her.

"I only said it was a nice car... ONCE." Naima opened her mouth but was still shocked.

"Complimenting it, meant you'd be happy to have it right? If you don't like it I could always change it." Tawfiq raised an eyebrow.

"No, no. I love it. Thank you. But now I feel bad. I just wrote an essay on how much I love you and now I feel cheesy." Naima blushed.
He got her a car and she got him an essay. Way to go. Who even gives essays as an anniversary gift?

"Oops. I also might have got you something else. Something very small. But I will show it to you later. I want to read your letter first." Tawfiq said excitedly.

Naima was having second thoughts of letting him read it.
How could anyone be so cheesy?

They went inside to find the letter on their bed.

Tawfiq snatched it before Naima could take it and opened it up.

My Darling Tawfiq,

If you are reading this, I'm probably sitting by you, trying to find a way to snatch the paper away because it's cheesy.

But I know you won't let me take it from you until you are done with it. That's just how stubborn you are.

So, here goes nothing.

I love you so much, Tawfiq, from the bottom of my heart. From the first time I met you, a part of me had already fallen in love with you. Even though it took me a while to realize it. And I'm so glad I realized it.

My life wouldn't be complete without you. I wouldn't know what to do without you. My whole world revolves around you just smiling. You just being happy and you loving me.

Every single molecule in all the 7 oceans can't measure up to how much I love you. It's honestly past understanding.

I love everything about you. Every perfection and every single flaw. Everything. Our child will love you the same way. In Shaa Allah.

I know there will be ups and downs in our lives but I will always and I promise, always, stay by you. I will never let you go so don't ever dare let me go.

You are the reason I wake up with a smile each morning. Allah wakes me up and you put a smile on my face just by being there on the bed with me. If you weren't by me, I won't know what would become of me.

I don't know how I lived my life before without you. How did I survive without you before? Because now you're my oxygen and without you I could never survive.

I do know how badly I suffered during those 3 years I put you off. Even though it made me realize my feelings for you, it could have led to you falling in love with someone else. But you also had it worse.
I'm really sorry for the pain I put you through during that time.

But today isn't the day to talk about the sad past. My love, my other half, my heart, my handsome husband, my boyfriend, my best friend, my man, my everything,

I will always love you. Always.

Forever together, Never Apart.
Happy Anniversary.

Love,
Your amazing wife.

"That was really beautiful." Tawfiq's eyes glowed. He'd never received a letter so beautifully written for him.

"This is the best wedding anniversary gift ever." Tawfiq smiled deeply and kissed Naima's forehead.

"It's not cheesy?" Naima pouted.

"Not even close. I loved every single word. I'm going to frame it." Tawfiq declared happily.
He was going to frame it and put it right by their bed so he'd know how much Naima actually loved him every day.

"Why?" Naima exclaimed.

"It's mine, right? I decide what to do with it." Tawfiq shrugged.

He opened the drawer of the bed side table to remove a large box from it.

"The last two times I got a box from you, it was connected to marriage. I wonder what this is about." Naima acted innocent.

"It's a necklace." Tawfiq revealed.

Naima opened it up to see a necklace.

"It's beautiful."

It was expensive from the look of it.

"How much was it?" Naima quietly asked.

"Let's put it around your neck. It will look beautiful." Tawfiq avoided the topic.

He always did that when they were supposed to have a conversation on his extravagant buyings.
He had just gotten himself a new car a week ago and here he was giving her another car and an expensive looking necklace for their anniversary.
When she had given a letter.
A letter.
In her defense, she had no idea what at all she could get him that he didn't already have or could get a better version.
That's why she resorted to something not materialistic.

"You're avoiding the topic." Naima gave him a look.

Tawfiq sighed.

"It wasn't that expensive."

"It was around the price range of the car." Tawfiq mumbled.

"Around the price range." Naima mumbled. "You know what? Forget it. I won't ask you about money stuff again. I'll just be astonished." Naima gave up.

"Thank God. I don't even like talking about money." Tawfiq confessed.

"I can tell."

Naima grinned and moved closer to him, wrapping her arms around his waist.

"Happy anniversary, baby." Naima teased.

Tawfiq looked down at her stomach.

"Little one, your mother's trying to seduce me this cold, cold night." He grinned.

Naima snorted.
"Me? Seduce? You wish. All I need to do is just nibble at your neck and you'd be ready to do my bidding." Naima rolled her eyes playfully.

"That. You're right." Tawfiq chuckled and bent his head to nibble at her own neck.

"Taw-fiq..." Naima breathed out.

"It goes both ways." Tawfiq pulled back which caused Naima to pout.

Tawfiq tapped her nose.

"Were you expecting something from me?" Tawfiq asked innocently.

"Yes. To do my bidding!" Naima jumped on him without warning.

Tawfiq was caught off guard so stumbled a few steps back but however caught Naima and stood his ground.

He moved towards their bed and dropped her roughly on it.

"Next time, I'll not catch you and you'll fall, break your neck and die." Tawfiq pointed out.

"If I die, you won't survive." Naima smiled.

"I won't." Tawfiq stated.

He really wouldn't.

Everything seemed amazing now.
Nothing could be better than that.

But was Ayisha also lying low, waiting to strike her prey.

⚜️⚜️⚜️
#VCS
SHAAAARREEEEE
SALAM ❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

183K 12.3K 55
"Just a reminder you're nothing but just their tutor and we are tolerating you in our house cuz you're a friend of that stupid girl, so act formal an...
50.8K 5.7K 49
The things I knew that were once unethical, were bound to be saintly. The dreams I dreamt once upon a time, seemed to be an epitome of nightmares. Th...
4.6K 80 8
"I don't care. I don't care if you wear a scarf over your head. Or if you prefer to wear long sleeves and pray five times a day", he inches closer. "...
2.5K 258 31
"Noor Ayn," Hassan began, his gaze intense as he looked at me with a soft expression, "Have you ever wondered why I called you that? It's not a mere...