BECOMING HUMAN

By KawaiiExpertise

Aurora has been an orphan her entire life with no clue of who she really is and where she came from. Aurora h... More

CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 32
CHAPTER 33
CHAPTER 34
CHAPTER 35
CHAPTER 36
CHAPTER 37
CHAPTER 38
CHAPTER 39
CHAPTER 40
CHAPTER 41
CHAPTER 42
CHAPTER 43
CHAPTER 44 (ANNOUNCEMENTS AT THE END!)
CHAPTER 45
CHAPTER 46
CHAPTER 47
CHAPTER 48
CHAPTER 49
CHAPTER 50
CHAPTER 51
CHAPTER 52
CHAPTER 53
CHAPTER 54
CHAPTER 55
CHAPTER 56
CHAPTER 57
CHAPTER 58
CHAPTER 59

CHAPTER 4

215 12 2
By KawaiiExpertise

Calmly, Jungkook scanned his environment to see which way Aurora headed. She was definitely somewhere, but Jungkook had to search greatly to find his master. Heading down to the V Train platform, he sprinted as fast as he could, startling those walking by. They wondered where was he running off to. He headed back up the stairs once he reached the last exit, and then went up an escalator. Turning his head, he saw Aurora being manhandled aggressively by a cop that caught her. She screamed, begging the officer to let her go because he was hurting her. But he refused. Everyone walking by stopped, frightened by what they were seeing. Charging at the cop, the officer pulled out his gun, pointing it at Jungkook.

Aurora was shocked to see Jungkook coming after her. She whispered his name with relief and smiled weakly.

"What do you think you're doing—" Before the cop could finish his sentence, Jungkook gave the man a hard shove, sending him flying into a column. Aurora gaped with horror.

Glaring at Jungkook she cried, "You almost killed him!"

Ignoring Aurora's criticisms, Jungkook snatched her up. He ran with her in his arms, heading straight out of the subway. They were now in unknown territory. Looking around, Jungkook tried to assess where they were. Aurora was terrified. She's been chased by cops many times, but not by this many. She felt like a dangerous criminal roaming the Earth. Aurora could already see it—WANTED signs put up all over York Seoul City, demanding that she be found immediately for a wealthy amount of money—something that she needed.

Aurora tugged Jungkook's shirt. Jungkook looked at her. "Are you okay?"

Aurora clang to his shirt, nodding her head. "...don't do that again, please."

"Don't do what?"

"Scare me like how you did just now."

"What do you mean?" Jungkook asked as he carried her down the street.

"You allowed them to arrest you...I thought they were going to take you away for good...or worse..."

"Or worse, what?"

"...return you to your owner."

Jungkook didn't say a word.

They were going to, right...? Aurora thought gloomily.

Jungkook eventually stopped their journeying. Before them was an Britalian restaurant. Jungkook processed this moment as a time in need of comfort. Aurora needed it tremendously. "Let's eat."

"...what?" Aurora asked disbelievingly. "But, I don't have any money."

Jungkook assured Aurora that it was fine. Taking her inside, Jungkook approached the waiter behind the desk requesting a seat for two. Looking at them, the waiter smiled. "A date, I see?"

Aurora blushed, shaking her head. "No, I'm his..." Aurora looked at him, hesitating to finish her sentence.

"She is my master." Jungkook finished.

"Oh, I see," The waiter gasped with acknowledgement. "Well," He leaned on the counter, looking left and right. Leaning in, he whispered to them. "Ain't nothing wrong with a little AI action," He winks, clucking his tongue. "Right?"

"Ew, gross!" Aurora stuck her tongue out.

Jungkook didn't understand the innuendo. "What is AI action?"

"Ignore him!" Aurora demanded.

The waiter cackled. "Step this way. There is a stall over here for you, madame.

Aurora and Jungkook followed behind. There were faces turning, giving them unwanted attention. Aurora walked up a bit faster, walking side by side with Jungkook. He glanced down at her, seeing that she was uncomfortable. He gently touched her back. "It's okay."

Aurora nodded sheepishly.

The waiter steps aside, presenting the fixed table to them.

"Do you mind finding us a stall that is away from the windows?" Jungkook requested. Looking around the restaurant, he saw more stalls that were in the back. "Perhaps, over there?" He points.

"Now you want dark AI action?" The waiter bounced his eyebrows up and down. "Okay, right this way." He took them to the table Jungkook requested, stepping aside. "Enjoy, I'll have someone come and tend to you two."

"Thank you." Jungkook replies as he sits across from Aurora.

Eyeing her, he watched as she exhaled. She sounded stressed. Aurora pushed her golden strands of hair behind her ear, looking at the menu and flipped the page. He took in every movement, every breath and every vibe he received from her just sitting in front of him. He was amazed by how delicate a girl with such a fiery heart like her can possibly be. Feeling eyes on her, she looks at Jungkook. He never looked away.

"Is...there a reason why you're staring at me like that?"

"You're tense." He responded.

Aurora didn't deny his accusation. "Jungkook," She began. "You and I both know that we don't have any money...how are we going to pay?"

Jungkook didn't say a word.

Aurora discreetly got up, but he took her hand. "Please, sit down. I'll take care of it."

"I don't want you to hurt anyone else anymore, do you understand me?"

"Yes."

Aurora couldn't tell whether Jungkook was lying or not. He always had the same facial expressions most of the time. She sighed, sitting back down. "What do you plan on doing?"

"Find something you would like to eat."

Aurora frowned, annoyed that he was dodging her concerns. Rolling her eyes, she looked at the menu once more. She became more frustrated as she turned the pages being that she was not familiar with Britalian dishes. She didn't know the first thing of being Britalian or knowing how to choose the right meal if it's her first time trying it out. "I don't know what to get."

"How about Lasagna?" Jungkook suggested. "It's delicious."

Aurora furrowed an eyebrow. "How would you know?"

"My owner used to eat it all the time."

"Ah," Aurora looked for Lasagna as a choice. "They have...bow-la-guh-knees...?"

"Bolognese Lasagna."

"Yeah, that."

"That's pretty good, too."

"Why do you seem to know all this?"

Jungkook tilted his head in disbelief.

"Ah, right. Your original owner."

A waitress soon arrived with pen and paper ready in hand. "Hello, my name is Cindy, and I'll be serving you both today. How can I be of service to you two?"

"Ah crap, I didn't even choose a drink!" Aurora blurted out. Embarrassed, she slapped her hand over her mouth.

"That's fine," Cindy lowered her pen from her paper. "Would you like extra time."

"A Shirley Temple for her, and a glass of electrolyte fruit juice."

"Oh, you're an AI?" Cindy smiled.

Jungkook nodded. "Yes."

"Alright, a Shirley Temple and electrolytes, coming right up." Taking their menus and leaving them, Aurora turned to Jungkook.

"You know, you don't have to make it obvious that you're an AI."

"Why not?"

"Because..." Aurora lowered her head, mumbling. "...it's not of their business."

"I'm sorry." Jungkook said.

"It's fine."

As time went on, Aurora ordered the Bolognese Lasagna, with Jungkook ordering the same thing. She was shocked to see that he was ordering food for himself. When Cindy left once again, she questioned his actions.

"Didn't you know?" Jungkook queries. "AIs can eat, too."

Aurora was definitely in the twilight zone. She never knew that AIs actually had the capacity to eat meals like a normal human being. "Has technology really become this developed...?" She whispered in awe.

When the meal arrived, they stared down at their plates. Aurora became self-conscious. Being that she's never been in such a sophisticated environment, she's never even been taught eating etiquettes. Embarrassed, she pretended to pray for her meal.

"What are you praying for?" Jungkook asked.

Dumbfounded by how quick he caught on, Aurora exhaled. "...nothing."

Jungkook picked up his fork and knife and began cutting away at the pasta. His swift movements captivated Aurora's attention. She watched how he ran the knife back and forth in the pasta, and took a bite out of the cheesy delight. Jungkook chewed thoroughly before swallowing. Seeing that Aurora was staring at him in a daze, he waved his hand in her face. "Are you okay?"

Aurora nodded, smiling. She decided to copy what he did. Picking up her knife and fork, she held them awkwardly. "Um..."

Jungkook placed his down, and helped her reassemble the utensils. Once she got it, he told her to slice gently so that she wouldn't damage the plate or hurt her fingers and wrists from too much force. She quickly caught on and smiled excitedly. Jungkook continuously stared at her hands.

"I did it!" She exclaimed, lifting her fork into the air.

Some nearby couples glanced at her, looking at each other and shrugged.

Jungkook nodded. "Good, now eat."

Obediently, Aurora took a huge bite and chewed happily. She moaned with satisfaction, holding her cheek. "Wow! This is actually delicious!"

"I told you."

Aurora gave Jungkook a challenging smirk. "Yeah, yeah, you did."

After those exchange of words, they never said a thing to each other. Instead, they calmly ate their meal, savoring the juices and how hot and tender the tomato paste was. The pasta wasn't too hard or too soft. The cheese melted gracefully on top of the pasta, followed with cilantro and Bolognese sauce drizzling down the sides. The meaty beef was blended within the entire concoction. Aurora was too hypnotized by such a beautiful meal to let this moment go. "I wish I had a phone to record this moment..." Aurora smiled timidly. "...this was...fun."

Jungkook turned to see out the window. Although it was a bit far from their table, he made sure that there was no dangers lurking. He looked at Aurora, asking her to taste the drink.

Aurora had totally forgotten about it. Lifting it with her whole hand, Jungkook corrected her. "Hold the glass like this," He took her glass, wedging it between her middle and ring finger.

Aurora was amazed by this.

"Now you look classier." Jungkook kidded.

"Haha, very funny." Aurora took a sip, licking her lips. "This is really good, too."

Jungkook drank his electrolytes very smoothly. "I'm glad you are enjoying this meal." He says. "Would you like a meal like this every day?"

"Is that even possible?"

"I can make it happen."

Shocked by his bold claim, Aurora became nervous. "Jungkook, I don't want you to hurt people to help me."

"Why are you telling me this again?"

A little intimidated by his question, Aurora puts her drink down. "Because if we bring too much attention to ourselves...then we won't ever be able to live anywhere in peace."

Jungkook sat there meditating deeply. "So...self-control?"

Aurora nodded. "Yes, for me, please?"

Jungkook looked at her silently.

The girl finished her drink serenely. She tried to keep her mind off of the bad things that would most likely be going on once they left the restaurant. When she finished, Jungkook's eyes lit up. Aurora glanced at him worriedly. "Is something wrong?"

"It's time for us to go." He says.

"What? Why?" Aurora frowned disappointedly. "You didn't even finish your meal!"

Jungkook hastily ate his food, wiping his mouth with his napkin. Putting it on the table, he looked for the waitress to return. Aurora didn't understand what was going on. "Are...we in trouble again, or something?"

Jungkook reassured her that everything would be okay. Aurora's heart began to beat a little harder. His mysterious concerns and actions were making her feel insecure. When Cindy was in the area, he made an immediate request for her to come to them. Happily, she asked if they wanted anything else.

Before Jungkook spoke up, he paused, looking at Aurora. She was distant with this look of anxiety clouding her pretty face. Jungkook calculated that as some sort of depression. It moved his artificial heart to be patient. "Would you like dessert?" He asked.

"...huh?" Aurora was puzzled by his sudden demeanor.

"What desserts are available here?" Jungkook inquired Cindy.

"Well," Cindy tapped her pen on her chin. "We have our special Britalian Tiramisu, Bombolone, which are donuts, Zuppa Inglese, Struffoli, Semifreddo and Cannoli."

Aurora gawked at those options. She's never heard of any of those sweets before.

"We would like the Tiramisu, please."

"Two, right?"

"Just one." Jungkook corrected.

"Alright, I'll be back."

Aurora and Jungkook looked at each other. "I don't even know what that is." She glowered.

"It's delicious. Trust me."

Cindy came back with the cute little plate. "Enjoy,"

"Thank you," Jungkook bowed his head.

Once Cindy left again, Aurora leaned in to whisper. "This is so tiny."

"You're also tiny."

"What's that supposed to mean?" Aurora asks a bit defensively.

"Nothing bad," Jungkook handed her the dessert fork. "Enjoy it."

Eyeing him a certain way, she accepted the fork. She took a piece of the cake and ate it. Her taste buds leapt for joy. "Woah! This is good!"

Jungkook never shows his happiness, but he was satisfied to see Aurora enjoying herself. She happily tore the treat apart. Letting her eat in peace, Jungkook observed other couples who were enjoying the pleasures of eating their meals. Once couple were getting ready to leave. The man stood up, placing one arm behind his back. Holding his other arm forward, he allowed the woman to humbly take his arm and lifts her up. Hand in arm, they took their leave. Jungkook took in his scenery.

Feeling terrible, Aurora realized that she didn't even offer Jungkook a piece of the tiramisu.

"It's fine. I didn't want any."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes." Jungkook requested for Cindy to return back. "I'm ready for the bill."

"My, a gentleman, are you?" Cindy smirked putting her hand on her hip. She looked at Aurora and winked. "You got a nice AI on your hand.

Unsure of what to say, Aurora blushes and nods.

"Okay, I'll be back with your bill, hold on tight."

Once Aurora heard 'bill', her heart jumped. "B-Bill?!" She knew that eating at a restaurant like this meant real money. "Jungkook!!!" She cried.

Jungkook got up, folding his arm behind his back, Jungkook held his other arm out toward Aurora. She was taken back by his gesture. "May I?" He requests.

Hesitantly, Aurora slowly reached for his arm. He lifts her up. "We need to leave now, before she returns."

"Wait, but—" Tugging her along, Jungkook walked swiftly towards the entrance.

"Aww, you both are leaving?" The waiter from earlier says as they go their merry way.

"Yes," Jungkook looks back. "Thank you for your hospitality." With that, he took Aurora away.

"No problem, come again!" He grins ear to ear. Once they were out of sight, his smile weakened.

"Hey!" Cindy came running to him. "Have you seen a girl in a red dress and an Masian AI?"

"Yeah, what's up?"

"They didn't pay for the food!" She cried.

"Don't worry," He assures her. "The cops will find them." He smirks menacingly as he glanced up at the television news. "They'll find them soon enough."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.8K 610 25
"i'm not what you think i am, and when you find out, you won't want this." "how 'bout you let me decided that for myself, baby girl." a lawyer with a...
1.2K 99 23
A hybe bot named Jimin was dropped off at y/n's door step. He was meant to help with her depression and loneliness, sent from her mother who always h...
88.5K 6.5K 30
"The Maleficent they call will be a princess in my eyes forever." ---------------------------------------------- A story where a sweet guy falls unco...
100K 9.9K 73
"I'm not built to feel, but with you... it's possible..." In a world filled with Androids and Gynoids co-existing with humans, being alone in the fie...