When Stars are Hidden

By farslimah

COMPLETED ✔️✔️ Excerpt. *** "I won't bite. . .yet. . .I promise" He said with a teasing smirk. Walking in t... More

COPYRIGHT
PROLOGUE
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
A/N
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
A/N
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
A/N
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
The Ring
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40 (Part A)
Chapter 40 (Part B)
Extra
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55(The Beginning of The End)
THIS MUST STOP✊🏿

Chapter 19

3.8K 332 11
By farslimah

*8 months later *

It's been 7 whole months.

They were to have finals in a few weeks and everyone was happy to be finishing school.

Since the day Zain took everyones number, he had made a group with all five of them including him in it.

Why? Good question.

He claimed he was making it 'halal' by being a part of it. But Naima thought differently.

Zain had become overly curious about Belinda since that day at the park. He had been asking about anything he could think of, her full name, her favorite color, her birthday and what not. Naima didn't question him on why he was asking so many questions about Belinda though but she did have her theory.

Dean on the other hand hadn't changed. Still in his funny ways. He had a girlfriend now. . . Maybe?. . . No?

Naima couldn't tell if it would be permanent or not.
He had brought her, Diana, Naima remembered that's what she said her name was, to one of their get together they occasionally had due to Zain's unfailing persistence.

He was definitely gaining something from it.

Because why would a 22 year old be interested in the lives of high school students when he had his own age mates as friends.

Definitely gaining something from it.

However, it was mostlyfun. They would mostly talk and talk and talk.

Belinda would always bring them food or they would just buy food depending on where they went.

Sometimes, they went to the amusement park, other times, the movies and any other thing that formed in Zain's mind.
Since he was the organizer every time and they all followed along whether unwillingly or willingly.
He was the adult.
Tawfiq clearly was too but he was still in high school so it didn't exactly count.

They had become a tight group through the course of the months.

Naima had stopped saying her morning mantra where she would tell herself to avoid people and attention at all cost. She still didn't like just any one knowing her but I didn't hide anymore. . . okay so she still hid a bit.

Tawfiq was the reason behind that.

He sat Naima and Belinda down one day and gave them both the talk.
About how they shouldn't hide theirselves. blah blah blah. He sounded serious then though.
But it wasn't like they could change overnight and they weren't all outgoing like he was.

In other matters, Tawfiq hadn't stopped calling her Habiba. Didn't seem like he was going to stop anytime soon too.

Naima could swear she knew some people thought that was her actual name.

So now, anytime Zain wanted to tease her, he'd call her Habiba in a weird tone. He still insisted something was going on between Tawfiq and her but Naima had given him a thousand and one reasons why nothing was or could go on between them.

No haram relationships for her.

It wasn't like she also liked him that way. . .

On the other hand too, Belinda and Naima had become closer than ever. She'd come to Naima's house once in a while and they'd mostly talk and play games. And be interrupted by Zain a million times asking irrelevant questions. He even got water for Naima once just to come inside her room when Belinda was there.

Hm. Fishy.

Naima had also gone to Belinda's family's house and they were very welcoming to her.

Aunt Faiza had forced her more than once or twice to invite Tawfiq for dinner when she let it slip that he lived alone.
And that glutton never rejected the offer.
He always made it when he was invited.

Dad hadn't hit her again since that one time. He was even rarely at home these days and it made Aunt Faiza really sad.
Apart from her being sad, Naima was happy about it. She was never comfortable when he was around.

And now to the present.

Valley View high had their last game of the Season today.
Unfortunately for Naima, and for the first time ever, they were to go out of the school to neutral grounds to play with the other team.

They played all their games at VVH because they had a big football field but when Naima had researched, she found out that final games were traditionally played on neutral grounds.

That was why she was wearing her costume when it wasn't needed and sitting at the back of an empty car.

She had tried to go with the supporters but they indirectly sent her back. Saying it was tradition or whatnot for the mascot to ride with the players.
Who made such dumb ideas?

The supporters( almost everyone in the school) had already left beforehand. Some in their own cars and some in the buses.

Belinda went with one of the buses. Dean had insisted that she come and watch their last match. She didn't exactly like football like Naima but she came as a friend because some of her own friends were playing.

Naima had told them she couldn't make it because of something important.

The players hadn't yet arrived and the inside of the costume was getting really hot.
She wore really light clothes so she didn't sweat so much but she could feel her clothes getting damp.
It was summer now so everywhere was getting hotter by the second.

Where on Earth was the driver!? Someone needed to turn on the air conditioning before she turned into a pool of water.

The door finally opened to the driver's seat and the driver sits in. Instantly turning on the air conditioning.
Naima released a satisfied sigh.

Finally.

The bus door opened and all the players filed in shouting whatever they thought needed to be shouted.
They had their head gears in hand but they were fully dressed. The cheerleaders had left already.

Naima had done a lot of research and watched a lot of videos in the past months. She wouldn't go as fas as saying she was the best mascot out there but she did do a good job.

Everyone had settled down after finding a place to sit.

Dean and Tawfiq sat in the twin seats right in front of her.
They couldn't see her though.

They car started up and they all got up and turned to face the back of the car. What was happening? Wasn't it unsafe to stand in a bus?

Tawfiq and Dean didn't turn however.

Then Tawfiq started to talk or well shout.

Did they never get tired of shouting.

"What Team?" He shouted.

"Eagles." everyone would reply.

"Whose season?" He shouted again.

"Eagles." they replied with as much enthusiasm.

This went on for a while as the bus was moving.

All of a sudden Tawfiq and Dean turned like everyone else.
Looking right at the mascot.
Naima felt her heart miss a beat.
For a second she thought they had seen her until Dean made a sign saying she should continue.

They'd definitely catch that she was a girl if she opened her mouth. But they'd get suspicious if she didn't.

Naima got ready to imitate the most manly voice ever imitated on the face of the Earth.

"What Team?" She said.

Yeah, right. Manly, you said.

They all looked at each other in a weird way.

"Wait a second." Dean asked eyeing Naima like he could see who was behind the costume.

"Are you just hitting puberty or you just have a problem with your voice?" He asked, looking her up and down.

Dean, please, please don't. Just avoid the questions.

"I just realized he never changed in the locker room, never seen his face before." someone random put out.

Everyone else started to agree.
No no no. This was bad.
So bad.

She shut her eyes. They weren't supposed to find out so easily. And not this way.
"Who are you? All I know is you are a first year student, at least that's what you told me during the first game." Tawfiq asked curiously.

Since that game Naima hadn't said any words to anyone during the games that followed.
If she continued to talk, someone was bound to realize she was a girl.

"Take off the head. We are just curious who our Mascot is." Someone insisted.

Everyone started to chant.

"Take it off, take it off." Naima couldn't do that.

But if she didn't, they might force it off her and that would be way worse.

As she was about to remove the head of the costume, Dean said something that saved her life.

"Wait, guys, you realize we haven't lost a single game this season, we lose at least 1 or 2 games every season even if we do win. But this particular season, we haven't, don't you guys think it's because we don't know who the mascot is?" Dean rubbed his chin.

"Maybe he is related to some god? A demigod perhaps. A spirit of football?" Dean's eyes widened.

Everyone looked at him with a confused expression.

That was the craziest thing ever said on the Earth. But this was just what saved Naima.
She had to remember to bake him a cake.
He was an angel.

"Sounds crazy, Dean. But fine. You are going to show us who you are after the game. No excuses then, Dean" Tawfiq gave in and Dean grinned.

Everyone else sat down and Naima realized it was because they had gotten to the field.

They all got down with Naima right behind them. They entered a small room which she guessed was a dressing room though Valley view had already come dressed.

〰️

As usual, Naima did everything she was supposed to do to keep the crowd happy.

It had become something she could honestly do with her eyes closed. The game seemed tough but what would she know right?

What she did see was Tawfiq doing touchdowns, Dean doing the same. Someone she thought was Malik scoring and some other people she didn't know also scoring.
The other team had scored 7 points so far whiles they were on 45 points.
Valley View eagles were thrashing the Cardivar cheetahs.

I don't even know what school that is

For a final game, it turned out really easy-according to Naima-for Valley View.

When the final whistle went Naima was so happy that she was the first to leave the pitch.

She didn't care who thought it was weird for the mascot of the winning team to leave the field before celebrations even began.
She was just exhausted and wanted to get out of the costume and breathe real air.

Naima went straight to the dressing room.
The players wouldn't come here for a while since they would be celebrating.

She looked around the dressing room.

Everyone had bags by their designated extravagant locker area which possibly had their personal clothing and stuff in it.

Naima's back was to the door when she took of the head of the costume.

She was really tired from all that running and unnecessary exercising and needed a bit of fresh air.

She took in a deep breath.

Finally. Fresh air.

She was just about to refix her hijab when something she heard made her turn instantly.

Oh no.

"Habiba?"

⚜️⚜️⚜️
I seriously know nothing about American football so please don't blame me for skipping through.😭😭😭💔

Please HABIBA is the Arabic word for My BELOVED, for those of you who are thinking about it.

Byee.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

103K 5.7K 32
AND WE CREATED YOU IN PAIRS (78:8) UNDER EDITING Note: IF YOU SEE ANY MISTAKE/ERROR PLEASE NOTIFY ME IN THE COMMENTS Thanks😘 _______________________...
4.7K 80 8
"I don't care. I don't care if you wear a scarf over your head. Or if you prefer to wear long sleeves and pray five times a day", he inches closer. "...
2K 76 8
A TALE OF ACCEPTANCE OF IMPERFECTIONS. ______________________________________ She loved him but not anymore. He never loved her but he is falling for...
108K 4K 65
"Go straight at the end of right side you will see a red and black car, at the back of the car you will find something." It was from that unknown nu...