The Other Brother (SLOW UPDAT...

By jaykaygcf

Justin Adams- sexy, cute, popular. Would get just about any girl if he wanted to. Just one little flaw, He ca... More

Chapter 1
IMPORTANT!
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Cast
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
FACE REVEAL
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
/i.m.p.o.r.t.a.n.t\
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
HIATUS// EXPLANATION
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53

Chapter 23

471 16 4
By jaykaygcf

Sofia POV

I groaned as my alarm went off and dragged myself out of bed. Justin, while having been sweet for carrying me to bed and setting my alarm up, was a fucking liar. Because he hadn't actually spent the night.

I didn't want to sit and ponder on why he couldn't, maybe he had other responsibilities like.. some other girl? Instead, i got up and readied myself for another dragging day at school.

After straightening my hair and putting on a decent pair of leggings and hoodie, i grabbed a granola bar and made my way out.

I was about to go to my car when someone else pulled up in our driveway. I panicked a little at the recognised car since i didn't have any make up on, just a light layer of mascara and lip balm, but i calmed down since that shouldn't be a problem in the first place.

If i plan to be together with him in the future then he might as well get used to my natural face.

I greeted him with a smile as he poked his head out the window and waved me over. I didn't realise how much i missed him.

"Hey Sof. Wanna drive to school with me today?" Alec asked while chewing gum.

"Yeah, sure." I replied, trying not to seem to excited, and opened his car door, getting in the passanger seat. He hadn't offered this in a while. I assumed Rachel wasn't comfortable with our friendship but now that she was gone, i could only hope Alec was back too.

"What? No new girl today?" I teased him.

"Nah, im done with that. Im just spending quality time with my friends from now on." He answered. Inside, i sighed in relief and did a little victory dance, but on the outside i simply just smiled.

"Thats great Alec. Im proud of you."

"So, wanna hang out tonight?" He asked, as he reversed the car out of the parking lot, one hand on the back of my seat and the other on the wheel as he looked behind his shoulder.

Oh my gosh i love it when men do that.

"Yeah, sure...i missed you." I added. I wasn't sure if it was appropriate to say with a fake boyfriend and all, but Alec was my best friend so i said it anyway.

He smiled charmingly.

"I missed you too."

<><><>

The bell finally rung, dismissing us all from our current lesson.

Everyone rushed as it was the end of the day and ran out of the classroom as fast as possible.

I, however, took my time. There is always too many people in the hallway and it's way too crowded, especially on Fridays so i just stay behind a little and leave when the hallways clear out.

I got out the classroom and walked to my locker, when Elena called my name.

I turned around and smiled.

We seemed to drift away recently. Shes more closed off and never home for some reason. If i ever ask if she wants to do something, she just says shes busy. I haven't really bothered her about it because every time i do, she gets super sensitive. Maybe today is the day all our friends come back to their senses.

"Hey." I greeted as she jogged next to me.

"Hey." She said, a little breathless. "Do you want to hang out today? We can call Beth and spend some quality girls time together." She suggested.

"That sounds great...but i have a better idea." I told her, remembering that i had made plans with Alec also. "How about, we call Alec too and the four of us go out. Just like old times." I added.

"Yeah..we haven't been spending a lot of time together recently." She stated.

I hummed in agreement  as i opened my locker as i took the heavy books out of my bag and placed them in.

"We can ask Justin too. So it'll be like old old times. Back when we were fourteen and everyone was nice to each other." She grinned.

I hesitated. Justin being there means I'd have to be a fake girlfriend in front of Alec. I really didn't have the energy but i agreed anyway. "Alright, that sounds great. But i had gym second last period so i need to go home and shower." I told her. I do not trust the showers at school. They look disgusting, and the water is always cold.

"Thats fine. I'll go home too, change and then I'll tell everyone to meet up at yours. Is that okay?" She asked.

I nodded my head.

<><><>

I was done getting ready and Elena was still not here so i started painting my nails a pretty ruby colour.

Finally, the doorbell rung.

I quickly placed the nail polish on a table near me and rushed down stairs.

"Finally! I was waiting for hours." I commented as i let them in.

"Where the fuck did you guys find an ice skating ring at the end of summer?" I asked as i took the beanie i had left on the counter and put it in my pocket.

It was a closed up area so, it was needed once i was in there but not for the walk from my house to my car. It was still warmish weather outside.

"I know a guy." Alec said and i raised an eyebrow at how suspicious that sounded.

I looked around, checking to see if Justin was here to distract myself from Alec and how handsome he looked. He had done nothing special to himself but he just looked so Alec, familiar and warm, that it made me feel things.

"Hey, didn't Justin come wi-"

Someone screamed as they jumped behind my back.

I screamed and jumped up in fright, my heart almost falling out my ass.

"Why?!" I asked as i placed a hand on my chest, to stop it from beating so fast. I turned around and faced a laughing Justin.

I slapped his shoulder.

"Asshole. You nearly gave me a heart attack." I accused.

"Sorry, but you gotta admit, it was funny." He said in between laughter.

I pinched his shoulder in response.

He yelped loudly.

Now it was my turn to laugh.

"That was so girly!" I giggled, pointing at his pouty face. "That was for saying you'd sleep over and lying to me."

I had forgotten people were still around us, like Elena and Beth, who would find it odd that Justin would be sleeping over at my house, although it didn't seem off to me. The surprised stares i got from the pair weren't new to me, but Alec rolling his eyes annoyed was.

"Are you guys done?! I'd like to leave today." He said, face slightly contorted with anger.

"Alright Casanova, don't get jealous." Teased Beth. "Just because you're singleee now-"

He shot her a murderous glance and she lifted her hands up in surrender.

"Yeah, let's get going."

<><><>

"What happened with you and Rachel?" Elena asked Alec. "Weren't you guys a 'thing'?"

As their sister, i did expect her to know. Looks like she really hasn't been home at all.

"We broke up. Wasn't feeling it anymore." Alec answered.

"Wow." Elena scoffed. "You are such a fuckboy."

"What? I am not!" He denied.

"Yeah you are." Beth spoke up.

Alec gasped. "Stop teaming up on me. Sofia, do you think im a fuckboy?" He asked.

I though about it for a moment then made a face.

He scoffed. "I feel betrayed."

"You kinda are bro." Justin said. He was the one driving the car (Elena was next to him and in the back it was me, Beth and Alec).

"What about Justin? He's a player too." Alec said.

"I am not !" Justin argued.

"Yes you are bro, everyone has heard the shit all girls around the school say," Alec stated "i dont know when you had the time between your 'relationship' with Sofia and all-" he made quotation marks with his fingers and i frowned. Were we that easy to see through? I knew i wasn't a good actress but damn. "-fairplay though, they seemed satisfied-"

"Shut up Alec, they were nothing. Im committed now obviously-"

I felt disappointed. I did expect that from Justin, he was undeniably good looking and every girl at school swooned over him but at the same time..With the way he was acting around me i had assumed he changed. He obviously wasn't actually committed and was only playing a part, and i didn't understand why a part of me felt upset by that because he didn't actually owe me shit. Who knew who he was entertaining in his free time.

"It's okay bro, i get it. I'm just tryin' say, im not the only one! Team up on Justin too. You guys always team up against me." Alec told us, a childish pout adoring his handsome face.

"You're right actually, from now on im on your side. Justin, be prepared for war." Elena said as she high fived Alec from the passenger seat.

"Finally, justice!" Alec shouted.

Beth chuckled.

"You guys are dorks."

<><><>

"The guy you know seems pretty legit Alec, this place is really nice." I said as I adjusted my beanie.

"Isn't it?" Alec commented back as he walked next to me and slung his arms around my shoulders.

"Alright! Are y'all ready? Yes? Okay, hurry up and walk, don't stay in the middle of the street!" Beth said as she pushed us a little forward, causing Alec to drop his arm off.

"Alright! Why are you in such a hurry?" He asked.

"Just keep walking and shut it, Casanova." Beth snapped.

"Well.. i guess someones eager to go skating."

<><><>

"Hey Sof," Alec greeted as he skated next to me. "You alright?"

"Im fine." I answered, "It seems that I don't remember how exactly to stay up right on these things." I added, holding on to the glass walls surrounding the icy enclosure.

He grabbed my hand.

"This should help." He smiled.

I smiled back and held tighter.

"Thanks." I offered.

"No prob- whoah there!" He chuckled as i started slipping again.

He grabbed onto my waist.

"Sorry," I apologized.

"It's okay. You're just very clumsy." He smiled. "Once you'll get used to skating again you'll be fine."

"Thanks." I smiled.

"No problem, hey - uh, i was wandering if you wanted to go to the movies or something?" He asked hopefully.

I grinned.

"Sure! Can the girls come too? I miss us together." I answered.

"No uh- i meant just the two of us..alone." He added as he scratched the back of his head nervously.

"Oh." I said lamely. "Yeah, I'd love that too." I added quickly before he got the wrong idea.

I was probably overthinking it too much, i thought as a blush appeared on my face. He probably meant as friends.

I angled my head so my hair was covering my face.

"Okay, cool...soo I'll pick you up tomorrow around six?" He asked.

"Yeah, that's fine." I replied and looked up at him as the blush seemed to fade away.

I laughed.

"You look like a cold goose." I joked.

"I do not." He defended him self.

We continued skating together.

Ever since Justin came back I haven't really gotten the chance to hang out with Alec as much.

And though Justin is a great friend, i really had missed Alec.

I had forgotten about my crush on him for a while and now, it's all starting to come back, as i see the familiar side of Alec Adams.

Not the heartless player he puts out to be.

"Hey guys, what are you doing?" Justin asked as he skated behind us.

I opened my mouth to answer.

"Nothing." Answered Alec harshly before i could get the chance to. "Tomorrow yeah?" He looked back at me.

He skated off, leaving Justin and i.

"What's happening tomorrow?" Asked Justin.

"Nothing ." I answered and turned around to face him fully.

For some reason, I didn't want him to know. I felt guilty withholding the information but what can a girl do.

"Wanna skate together?" He asked with a smile.

I smiled and nodded.

<><><>

Third Person POV

As Sofia and Justin glided on the ice together, there was a girl that was watching her with longing eyes.

It wasn't fair.

Sofia had everything.

She had the money, but for her it wasn't enough because she was adopted and so she didn't even appreciate it.

That annoyed the girl a lot. She wished she was adopted if that was the problem.

She had good grades and didn't even work hard for them! She was already smart enough.

She didn't even have to work to get anything she wanted.

She was surrounded by all her worry-free friends.

She had Justin and Alec Adams wrapped around her damn finger.

Any girl would pay millions to be in her position!

Sofia Black had everything handed to her.

She, however, couldn't even go home without money in her pocket or her family would go nuts.

Especially now since her father was never home and her mother was slowly getting sicker, she had to go to extreme methods to get that money.

She envied Sofia Black.

A lot.

But she couldn't do anything about it because that was just how life was.

Unfair.

So for now, she'd just have to watch from afar and hate.

But she couldn't really hate, because she knew soon enough, Sofia Black would understand what it's like to be in her position too.

Either way...how can you really hate your own sister?

<><><>

A/N

The twins are officially 18, omg i cri 😭😭❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

770K 19.4K 69
You know the normal cliche of the nerd secretly being a street fighter and the bad boy just so happens to find out? Well this is like that.... But no...
680 9 35
The girl screamed, as Joey was punched in the mouth. By the best. "You. Are. Crazy!" Joey screamed, in my face. I sat still, crossing my arms. I had...
453K 13K 40
[[✨COMPLETED✨]] β€’ We both inched closer and closer until our lips were brushing against each other like some sort of tease. But before we could go a...