When Stars are Hidden

By farslimah

COMPLETED ✔️✔️ Excerpt. *** "I won't bite. . .yet. . .I promise" He said with a teasing smirk. Walking in t... More

COPYRIGHT
PROLOGUE
Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
A/N
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
A/N
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
A/N
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
The Ring
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40 (Part A)
Chapter 40 (Part B)
Extra
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55(The Beginning of The End)
THIS MUST STOP✊🏿

Chapter 2

6.3K 443 8
By farslimah

"Naima. . .Naima?. . .Wake up."

Naima felt someone nudge her softly.

The voice sounded vaguely familiar.
She opened her eyes to see Belinda peering down at her with a full blown concern.

Belinda gave her a weary look.

"Naima, what happened? You just fainted all of a sudden. Are you feeling fine? Should I call for help?" Belinda asked all at once, leaving no room for breathing.

"Don't worry. I'm okay. It happens occasionally. No one noticed I had blacked out, right?"

Well, fortunately Belinda hadn't screamed from overreacting and no one noticed it too. Everyone else was just filing out of the auditorium like someone didn't just. . .blackout.

It wasn't like this was the first time she had blacked out.
Her former therapist would have been thrilled to be there. But that was a story for another day.

"Is that what you are worried about now?" Belinda looked at her in disbelief.

Naima pursed her lips.

"To answer your question, no one even batted an eye lid. Fortunately, I realized you were slipping off your seat and caught you before you could hit the ground."

"Thanks, Belinda." Naima said with sincerity.

They hadn't been friends for more than 30 minutes and here she was, helping her out.

"It's not a problem. But you're welcome."

Both girls were quiet until Belinda decided to break the weird silence. "So what club are you joining? I think I will join the Debators and writers club. I've been in a club like that before."

She seemed to get comfortable around people pretty fast, Naima noticed.
It was good though.

"I don't think I will join that club though. I did hear it is a good club. I guess I will think about it."

Belinda nodded in understanding.

Naima saw Principal Hashford by the entrance of the auditorium, walking out.

She had to speak with her. Maybe she would give her something else she could do to keep her scholarship other than joining a club.

"Thanks a lot again, Belinda. But I have to go"
Naima tells Belinda quickly and gets up from her seat just as quickly.

"Wait, where. . ."
Naima didn't wait long enough to hear what she had to say.

She moved as quickly as was possible between the auditorium seats to get to the principal.

"Principal Hashford. . .Principal
Hashford?. . ."

Naima called after her to stop her. She didn't see herself running up to catch up with her. She wasn't that fit.

Fortunately, the principal heard her call and turned her head to look at Naima with questioning eyes.

School was over so most of the students were outside already. So the hall wasempty with only Principal Hashford and the school accountant by her.

"Yes?. . .what can I do for you?"

"I wanted to speak to you if you had time?. . ." Naima asked politely.

"Sure. . ." she said with kind eyes.

Naima looked at the accountant from the corner of her eyes and back at Principal Hashford.

"In private, please? If you don't mind?" Naima pleaded.

"Erm. . .sure. . .Miss Lamar, you can go on ahead home. I will lock up my office." She said to the mid-thirties woman.

"Okay. See you tomorrow, Mrs Hashford " she gave both of them a small wave and left without another word.

"Okay. So, what do you want to talk about with me, dear?"

"I was wondering if . . . you see erm. . ."

This wasn't how it played out in her head.
Where was the stammering from?

"Don't be scared. Just get to the point. "
The older woman encouraged.

Naima nodded.
"Okay. So I was wondering. . . if there was anything else I could do instead of joining a club."

"That's all?. . . Unfortunately no." She shook her head. "I'm sorry dear but the board has already decided on it. I'm just a mouthpiece. You could join the Drama club?"

" Erm no. . .I'm not comfortable around. . .crowds so I don't think I can do that."

Not comfortable around crowds?

More like awkward and scared.

"Honey, you're a beautiful girl, why would you be uncomfortable?"

"Thank you but I still don't think I can join that club. Maybe something with less people around ?"

"Well. . .I don't know, but all school clubs have quite a significant number of members." she said.

"Really?. . . Oh. I'm sorry for bothering you then. Thank you anyways. Good afternoon" Naima felt her mood drop.

All she could do now was go home and try to figure out the least most involving club. She sighed and turned but stopped herself from taking another step when Principal Hashford spoke.

"I have this one thing in mind. It actually involves just one person. I'm not sure if you will like it though." She paused. Naima looked at her expectantly. "The mascot for the school graduated this year. So that leaves the position open and available. . ."

Naima didn't even let her finish speaking.

" I will take it!"

"Are you sure? It's a boy's job. No girl has ever ventured into it." Principal Hashford warned.

What was there to lose?
No one would see her face on top of that too.

She would just be 'The Mascot' of Valley View High. The mascot was an eagle and she liked eagles so it wasn't going to be a problem.

Right?

Naima thanked the woman with a wide smile. "I'm sure. Thanks a lot."

"Think it over again. You can give me an answer any time this week. I'm sure the position will be open till then. If not, I will just have to threaten someone into it." she said to Naima with a mischievous smile.

Naima smiled at her.

"Thanks again. "

"You're welcome, dear." She looked at her wrist. "Get home quick. It's getting late." She said finally.

Naima checked her own wrist watch and she realized it was almost 5pm.

She waved at the principal and walked towards the school exit. 

There was a bus stop right by the school which was good for her.
The bus arrived a few minutes later.

Naima took a seat and by the time she realized, she got to her stop.

Naima had to walk two houses before getting to her own house.

The moment she got there, she could see someone lurking by the windows.

He turned and Naima notices him visibly relax.

Zain.

22 years old and still afraid of his mother.

Naima was sure he was lurking around waiting for her to smuggle him in like always.

"Naima...dear Naima. How I missed you."
he said with his - we are all in trouble- smile.

It was a little late though so Aunt Faiza was bound to complain.
Maybe even ground them.

"Don't you 'dear' me." Naima said with all seriousness.

He placed his arm around her shoulders.

"Why not? You are my dear sister, right?" Zain said with an childlike face.

"I'm not saving you. You are going down alone this time."

"We will see about that" he smirked.

They were both looking or more like glaring at each other when the door suddenly opened, revealing Aunt Faiza.

"Are you going to enter and receive your punishment or stay outside here forever?" she raised both brows in question.

〰️

By the end of their trial, they were reprimanded and warned. No grounding for Naima at least. Zain wasn't as lucky, because he got grounded for 2 weeks.
It was honestly all talk because he'd go out the next day like today never happened.

After taking her bath and praying, Naima went straight to bed.
She was exhausted.

What a day.

A mascot. . . She looked at all the positives and negatives and came to the conclusion that the positives outweighed the negative.

Naima...The Mascot of Valley View High.

Tomorrow would be the day of her Mom's anniversary.
And every year she told herself that that year would be different. This was the fifth year and everything was still the same.

Naima closed her eyes and let sleep take her.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

185K 12.4K 55
"Just a reminder you're nothing but just their tutor and we are tolerating you in our house cuz you're a friend of that stupid girl, so act formal an...
288K 28.1K 67
#1 in spiritual in 16/6/2019 Previously known as " My very own hijabi" Two young people finding shelter within each other from the world and its evi...
192K 17.2K 53
(Featured by wattpad) She was lost in her own thoughts.She felt like there was no one who could heal her wound. Her tears were falling from her eyes...
4.8K 871 28
Yasmine is a star girl, with plans for the future, good grades and a boyfriend to top it up but how can she survive when her enemies are her family...