Our City, Our Rules, ONE Chic...

By RonnaSweeney51317

The next story following Three Teams, ONE Chicago in the ONE Chicago series. Make sure to read Three Teams... More

Prologue for Our City, Our Rules, ONE Chicago
Chapter 1 "Santa Been Here! Get Up!"
Chapter 2 "Going To Feed An Army"
Chapter 3 "You're The HERO Of The Family"
Chapter 4 "Can't Take Much More Of This"
Chapter 5 "Get Your Head On Straight"
Chapter 6 "Baby, You Need To Stop This!"
Chapter 7 "I'm Severide"
Chapter 8 "Wish You Could Have Been There"
Chapter 9 "Are You Trying To Get Them Killed"
Chapter 10 "Ambulance 61, You Haven't Reported Back"
Chapter 11 "One Of Our Own Is Counting On Us"
Chapter 12 "BAGHDAD!"
Author's Note
Chapter 13 "Always Give Hope"
Readers: LOVE YOU ALL!
Chapter 14 "Only Woman In Your Life"
Chapter 15 "Where's Barney?"
Readers: Literally In Tears!
Chapter 16 "Chutes & Ladders"
Chapter 17 "Call Your Wife!"
Chapter 18 "Spring You From This Joint"
Chapter 19 "Love Bug"
Chapter 20 "Out Of The Doghouse"
Chapter 21 "Call Off Your Ogre!"
Story Media
Chapter 22 "Nice View"
Chapter 23 "Lights Of Chicago"
Announcement: Something Special In The Works...
Chapter 24 "We're All Family"
Chapter 25 "Leverage"
Chapter 26 "Justice"
Chapter 28 "Our Lieutenants Wife"
Chapter 29 "Peet's Coffee"
Chapter 30 "Bloodhound"
Chapter 31 "Nursey Nurse"
Chapter 32 "Gotcha!"
Chapter 33 "Come After You"
THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!
Chapter 34 "Goodbye, Sammy!"
Chapter 35 "You're Not Wonder Woman"
Chapter 36 "Booty Call"
Chapter 37 "$2 Million"
Chapter 38 "How Could You"
Chapter 39 "Don't Touch Me!"
Chapter 40 "99.9% Sure"
Chapter 41 "By The Book"
Chapter 42 "He's Done"
Chapter 43 "Congratulations! It's A Girl"
Chapter 44 "Stay On Protocol!"
Chapter 45 "Hurry And Pull"
Chapter 46 "My Pretty"
Chapter 47 "Hide!"
Chapter 48 "Barricade The Doors"
Chapter 48 1/2 "Barricade the Doors II"
Chapter 49 "Newspaper & Five Gallon Buckets"
Chapter 50 "Stubborn"
Chapter 51 "Still In Love With You"
Chapter 52 "Y'all Haters"
Chapter 53 "I'm In Love With You"
Chapter 54 "Stormtroopers"
Chapter 55 "Nothing But Rabbits"
Who's who.....
Chapter 56 "FIX IT!"
Chapter 57 "Did You Call For A Firefighter"
We interrupt this story......
Chapter 58 "I Can't Lose Him!"
Chapter 59 "May I Hug You"
Chapter 60 "OH MY..."
Chapter 61 "I'll Bring Him Back To You!"
Chapter 62 "A Lot Of Henchmen"
Chapter 63 "Going To Confess"
Chapter 64 "Need A Lift?"
Chapter 65 "Long and Hard"
The End of Our City, Our Rules, ONE Chicago

Chapter 27 "Jinx"

827 16 2
By RonnaSweeney51317

A few days have went by. Things at the Firehouse have been quiet and slow.
"Severide needs to go on vacation more often!" Capp blurts out while coloring in his adult coloring book at the table.
"Why's that?" Casey asks him from the kitchen area.
"Since he's been gone, it's been quiet around here with no calls!" Capp says back to Casey.
Herrmann looks over at Mouch while he throws his hands up in the air, "Capp did it! He just jinxed us!"

"Engine 51, Truck 81, Squad 3, Ambulance 61, Battalion 25, Car fire, County Barbecue 1352 West Taylor Street"

"See I told you! Capp jinxed us!" Herrmann expresses angrily.
Casey smiles and walks past Herrmann, "Come on Herrmann, let's go!"
Squad is already out in the stalls getting their turnout gear on.
Herrmann sees Capp and gives him a dirty look. Capp smiles back at Herrmann, then get's up into Squad.
They arrive at the car fire. Squad and Ambulance 61 really didn't need to be called out because Truck and Engine could've handle this call on their own. The people who called 9-1-1 thought there was kids trapped inside the car, but it was nothing but baby dolls.
Squad hangs back and takes it easy, watching Truck and Engine work.
Boden looks over at the Squad guys who are laying down, passing around Capp's phone.
The fire is out and everyone heads back to the Firehouse hoping there's no more calls before they can head home.

Somewhere in a tropical paradise, Shaylynn and Severide are just waking up. He gets up and heads to the bathroom. After a minute, he comes back out to his phone buzzing on the table.
He picks it up, it's a text from Casey.

Casey: How's your vacation going?

Severide: It's going great! Really enjoying myself! I don't want to come home!

Casey: I bet you don't! Do you have a great view?

Severide: Sure do!

Casey: What does your view look like?

Severide: What do you think? LOL!

Casey: Kelly! I meant the view from the window!

Severide: LMAO! You should have been more specific! You asked if I had a great view, this is my great view I'm looking at right now!

Casey: I'll let you get back to your "great view". Have a great time!

Severide: Oh I will!

Casey shakes his head at Severide's last text.

Shaylynn's phone goes off. She grabs it and sees it's a text from Capp with a video attached.

Capp:

She starts laughing, "What are you laughing at?" Severide asks her.
Shaylynn hands him her phone, "I see what your guys have been doing with you gone!" she tells him with a smile.
He clicks on the video. After it's over, he smiles and shakes his head.
Shaylynn gets up out of bed, grabs a sundress and heads to the bathroom.
She looks in the mirror, "What's wrong with you?" she asks her reflection, it doesn't answer.
There's this feeling she just can't shake.
She looks back at her reflection, "Shake it off girl! You're in this GORGEOUS tropical paradise with your HOT husband, you need to get it together!"
After a couple of minutes she comes out of the bathroom.
"Are you ready to leave the room and go explore?" Severide asks her.
"Sure! Let's go!" Shaylynn tells him.

After a long hot day exploring, Severide and Shaylynn return to the room exhausted.
Severide heads to the bathroom to take a shower. He's been in the shower for a few minutes and thought for sure Shaylynn would be right in to get in the shower with him.
Once Severide's in the bathroom, Shaylynn heads outside to sit by the pool.

Shaylynn: Hi Chrysti, how's everything going back there?

Chrysti: Girl, why are you texting me? You're suppose to be enjoying yourself and your husband!

Shaylynn: He's taking a shower.

Chrysti: And.....why aren't you in there with him??????

Shaylynn: To be honest, I really don't know. I guess I just didn't feel like going in. So, how is everything going there? Have you been keeping an eye on Sam?

Chrysti: Everything is fine! A couple of false alarms and some other things, but nothing we can't handle or for you to worry about. Yes, I've been keeping my eyes on her and monitoring her cell phone and radio. You know she's cut from the same cloth as you! I really would feel sorry for any terrorist if you two joined forces!

Shaylynn: You know I'm going to worry! As for Sam, things I've been through in the past with terrorists, I'll be damned if she goes through what I've experienced! She'll always be my little sister! Unless someone freezes me and she by passes me by eight years, I'll always look out for her and make sure these assholes don't hurt her! Especially this case she's working on. I asked Kelly about it to see if he remembered anything since 51 was the ones who showed up at the building explosion. He told me he remembered a little, something about this guy being branded a domestic terrorist by the FBI. You know how I feel about foreign terrorists and you especially know how I feel about domestic ones. I told you he was a sociopath!

Chrysti: I know you will always worry, but you need to stop! You need to let other's help! You can't do everything yourself! And yes, I know how you feel about domestic terrorists. We all feel the same way about them!

Shaylynn: Just keep your eyes on her and keep listening in on her cell and radio!

Chrysti: Yes, Ma'am! Enough about here, what's it like there?

Shaylynn: It's beautiful! We went out exploring today and leave it to Kelly, he found a golf course.

Chrysti: You're kidding! He didn't go golfing, did he?!

Shaylynn:

Chrysti: I stand corrected! What about you? What did you do? Did you get to see anything?

Shaylynn: I drove the golf cart. I think that's the last time I'll go golfing with him. He apparently didn't like the way I drove it around. He told me the golf cart isn't my Camaro. ;)

After golfing, we went exploring and found a waterfall.

Chrysti: LOL! I'm glad you were able to go and do something.

Shaylynn: Kelly just came out of the bathroom. I'll see you in a couple of days!

Chrysti: Enjoy the rest of your time there with your husband!

Severide walks outside to where Shaylynn is, "Why didn't you come and take a shower with me?" he asks her.

"I wanted to check in with back home and see how things were going before it got late back there" she tells him.

"And, how is everything?" he asks her.

"Everything's okay" Shaylynn tells him while looking at the ocean.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Remember to keep reading "Broken Promises"........

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

57.4K 925 32
Shelby found herself standing infront of Firehouse 51. She was running from her past, from her father, and from her ex. She came to Chicago to start...
188K 5.1K 67
โ› ๐—•๐—˜๐—œ๐—ก๐—š ๐—” ๐—–๐—›๐—œ๐—–๐—”๐—š๐—ข ๐——๐—˜๐—ง๐—˜๐—–๐—ง๐—œ๐—ฉ๐—˜ ๐—œ๐—ฆ ๐—”๐—Ÿ๐—Ÿ ๐—ง๐—›๐—˜ ๐—ฅ๐—œ๐—ฆ๐—ž๐—ฌ ๐—•๐—จ๐—ฆ๐—œ๐—ก๐—˜๐—ฆ๐—ฆ ๐—œ ๐—ก๐—˜๐—˜๐—— . . . โœ ๐ฆ๐š๐ฅ๐ž!๐จ๐œ ๐ฑ ๐Ÿ๐ž๐ฆ!๐จ๐œ ๐œ...
20.7K 327 26
It was just a summer romance that left them both breathless. They were falling for each other hard and fast.. He thought he had met the one. But then...
153K 2.5K 32
A series of Chicago P.D. themed one shots from my Tumblr account (+exclusive content for Wattpad only). Stories range from 1,000 to 3,000 (at most) w...