Back With A Secret

Por -vintage_rose-

Bullied and tormented with secrets and dark truths Charlotte Melton insists she leaves her home town, a town... Más

One| Goodbye Charlie
Two| Welcome Home Charlie
Three| To Cause a Mess
Four| Blood became black
Five| Guess who's back
Six| The cup is bloody empty!
Seven | A general Question
Eight | We looked Untouchable
Nine | Natural Instincts
Ten | My Masterpiece
Eleven | Obnoxious & Rude
Twelve | Intention to Starve
Thirteen | Second Time
Fourteen| Disturbed Peace
Fifteen | Like a Hamster
Sixteen | Late Shifter
Seventeen | Rogues
Eighteen | Bella and Blue
Nineteen | Put down
Twenty | Catering and Ditching
Twenty-One | Bruised
Twenty-Two | Mates
Twenty-Three | White Punches
Twenty-Four | Kidnappers
Twenty-Five | Wild Fire
Twenty-Six | Dimwit
Twenty-Seven | Tease
Twenty-Eight | Obvious
Camp, Eric, Forest and Kidnapping...
I've just been kidnapped and i came out with gummy bears...
Finding Charlie and making plans...
Slapping, Joking and Glarring...
Jakes transformation and his question...
holy fudge muffins and banana lollipops!...
Pro at seducing...
Paybacks a B*tch, ain't it?...
Well this trip will be interesting...
Why would Blade do this to his own?...
Dont Let The Bed Bugs Bite
Oh no indeed inner me
That Feeling
Don't Stab Him

Twenty-Nine | Penguins Bite

25.3K 464 14
Por -vintage_rose-

29

It had been a whole night and I didn't get any calls from Landon about Eric's pack trying to banish or kill him. Which was always a relief but it wouldn't hurt the kid if they chased him for a few blocks. He honestly needed to think before his actions. I'm not a bad friend, if they did run him out of town, I'd help him... after a few moments of needed justice.

"I feel like I should check up on Landon" I informed the pack as we gathered at the top of the staircase on the second level.

"Did you even get any sleep at all?" Jessica asked, placing a concerned hand on my arm. I gave her a soft smile. Despite finding the mental image of Landon being chased, I had worried myself all night. I think I only slept a maximum of two hours last night. It didn't help that within those two hours I had strange dark nightmares that woke me up.

"I'm fine, I'll catch up on some sleep tonight" I told them, ceasing their worries. They were always too concerned about me. I was stronger than they thought. Well that's what I've convinced myself so.

"As usual we'll write down all the important notes and homework for you" Hailey grinned, rolling her eyes at my inconsistent attendance at school. She was honestly a saint sometimes.

"And I'll make sure to bring you something sweet, 'as usual'" I told her, with my own smile. And with that we parted our ways. Them getting breakfast ready and me leaving to drive to Eric's place. Dad was still at the hospital with mum so his car was available and man was it good to be driving such a privileged vehicle. It had seat warmers for Christ sake! My chilled bottom could defrost in the cold weather.

Knocking on the door of his house, I waited patiently. Hearing footsteps coming closer I arranged myself to be greeted by Tessa, Eric's mum but all I got was him. The very person I found incredibly hard to avoid and resist.

"Charlie" he spoke my name, in muffled surprise. He wasn't expecting me, well not this early I assume. Last time I checked it had only showed 7am.

"That's my name" I replied, pushing my way past him, careful not to touch him. I didn't need to waken my wolf up nor did I feel the need to give him adoring kisses on his kissable lips.

I wandered into the foyer, making my way to the lounge that looked mildly different without it being filled with pretentious rich snobs. I heard Eric trailing behind me, falling onto the two seater couch, me copying his movements. I ignored his arm settling comfortably behind me on the wall of the couch. Not touching me but my body was fully aware at how close he suddenly was now.

"Where's Landon?" I asked, trying to distract myself and trying to avoid looking at his face.

"He's not here" he simply said with a shrug. I leaned forward in confusion, twisting to stare at him now. It was just too hard to resist staring into his crystal eyes.

"Where is he?" I asked, remembering the mental image of him being chased by wolves out of the territory. Sure I said it would be funny, but I never thought it would happen.

"Chill, he's with my dad. He thought he should meet your dad who's awake now" he filled in, turning his stare away from me to the TV he just turned on.

"Well then, I guess I should go there instead..." I trailed off awkwardly. He should have just told me this at the door.

"You look tired" he stated plainly. I didn't even try to use makeup to conceal the dark circles under my eyes. It wouldn't have worked anyway.

"I didn't sleep very well" I breathed out, no use of pointless lies. I took in the natural sharpness of his jaw, not even ashamed to admit that he was one of the most gorgeous people I've ever seen.

"You should stay for a while and relax. You shouldn't be driving when you look like your going to fall asleep any second" he convinced. Lets just say I was easily persuaded because my body instinctively leaned into his, my head now resting on his chest.

And just like that- I was gone.

The sound of an abrupt click followed by more sounds began to wake me up. My body curling against the source of heat wrapped around me. Feeling movement underneath me, my eyes popped open. Blinking a few times to focus my attention on my surroundings and to gather my thoughts, I began to make out two huddled bodies in front of me.

Suddenly everything was clear. Staring at them, both Tessa and my mother were seemingly cooing over something. Both of their hands holding their phones and taking pictures in my direction with the biggest smiles on their faces.

What was happening?

Feeling the arm tightening around my shoulders, I once again felt calmly at peace. Tilting my head, I stared down at his sleeping face. The face of an angel, with his face leaning into my shoulder. Forcing my eyes off of him, I gently shook him. I knew without a doubt that I wasn't capable to remove his arms around me, mainly because I didn't want them too. This felt completely right.

His chest rose suddenly as he breathed in and then his eyes opened, locking onto mine. Despite the sluggishness of sleep his eyes were the clearest I've ever seen them. They were magnificent, crystal blue orbs so defined that I didn't want to look away ever again. I could feel the strong pull between us. It was becoming harder to ignore it.

The sound of giggling and a cough brought us back to reality and with that I looked at his arms to give him the hint. His confusion was clear, but as soon as he looked outside of us his grip loosed and he became oddly stiff.

"Well good morning you two" a gruff voice disturbed the peace. Jumping out of his arms and off the couch my back straightened and my defences were back up.

"Morning Liam. Hi dad" I greeted awkwardly. Both of them shared a guarded expression that I didn't like. Jake on the other hand all but had his chin on the ground with balloons for eyes while Landon was in the back, amusement clear all over.

Giving Eric a sideward glance, I caught him bowing his head at both superiors.

"What are you doing here honey?" my dad still leaning against Jake for support, no doubt still weak from his diagnosis.

Glancing at Eric once again, he didn't meet my gaze. "I was looking for Landon, but I guess I just fell asleep while waiting" I answered simply with a careless shrug. I didn't want them to look into this further than they had to.

"You can take Landon with you, we've finished talking" Liam cut in, seeming to want us out of the house as quick as possible as he gave his son an odd look.

I nodded my head, not wanting to be the centre of attention anymore. Everyone's different emotions were quite intimidating especially since Eric didn't seem to want to spare me any attention.

I followed Landon as he made his way out of the room with a stiff Eric behind me.

"Eric stay" Liam ordered making us stop as Landon managed to disappear.

"I'm leading them out" Eric answered, not turning around to face his father. His eyes locking onto mine, finally.

"She knows where the front door is" his tone hard towards his son.

I watched as Eric took a deep breath in before he nodded his head in understanding to whatever his undertone meant. Eric inconspicuously placed his hand on the small of my back causing me to shiver as the mate tingles flared through his touch. Then it was gone a second later as he let go and turned around without another word. Watching his back, my eyes travelled to Liam's eyes as they hardened on me, carefully watching every move I made.

Looking away, I quickly left the room.

"Wait, stop!" Landon called from the porch as I continued on without him. Looking back I waited for him to talk.

"Just need to make sure you're not on fire" he commented, circling around for extra measures. Rolling my eyes, I felt a smile coming along. "With the intensity of his glare I thought you would have erupted into flames" he continued laughing as he jumped into the car beside me.

"I must say though; I now know where Eric gets his glare from" he commented thoughtfully. I nodded my head in agreement. I don't think I want to be seeing Liam any time soon. Who knows what he'll do to me now after seeing wild me getting cozy with his only son and alpha to be.

"Are we going to go back to your room to continue mapping out all the rogue attacks?" he questioned, already claiming the radio. My mind went back to yesterday, the two of us hunched forward on my desk. Desperately trying to figure out where Blade currently was based off the incidents his pack has had deal with.

I let my head fall onto the steering wheel.

"I'm going to take that as a yes" he chuckled, reclining his seat for his large build.

"This is all a pain in the butt, I'm moving to Antarctica" I declared, starting the car up.

"I heard penguins bite"

"MotherFu-"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vote! Fan! Comment!

Love -vintage_rose- ♥

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

263 96 16
For years, Charlotte has been living under a blanket of lies. And now that she knows the truth, it's up to her to save everyone.
206 0 22
With a town seemingly turned against her and a family with no control over her out of control moods, Jewel sees no other way of lightening the load t...
3.9M 126K 34
In which a girl moves to a new town only to find out her new friends may not be what she thinks they are. She may not be what they think she is, eith...
21.2K 1.3K 33
THIS STORY IS EDITED FULLY. YOU MAY HAVE TO READ AGAIN BECAUSE THIS VERSION INCLUDES DETAILS MISSED IN THE LAST VERSION. Elizabeth Sanderz, known as...