Nina's Destiny

By KatieRose1116

Summary: Growing up in Manhattan, Antonina Jackson was used to strange things. It hardly bothered her at all... More

Antonia Jackson
Best Friends
Elemental Mages
Professor Severus Snap
Diagon Ally
The Hogwarts Express
The Sorting Hat
The Start of Classes
Flying Lessons
Midnight Duels
Troll in the Castle
Magic Bracelet and Magic Mirror
Detention
The Sorcerers Stone
Going Home
Camp Half-Blood
The First Monsters
Echidna and the Chimera
Lord Ares
The Lotus Hotel and Casino
Santa Monica and the Underworld
Ares and Flying,Yay!
Uncle,Father,and Best Friend
Lockhart and Saying Goodbye
More Lockhart and Mudbloods
A Part and A Chamber
Ledgends,Forgetting,and Bludgers
Charms and Pink,Ew!
Basilisk and Petrification
Near Death Experiences
Waking Up and Papa
Fratellie Principessa Andromeda
Zombies and Circe
Cyclops,Dreams, and Thalia
The Son of Hermes
Werewolves and Dementors
Parsley and Hippogriffs
A Boggart and Sirius
Forgiveness
Council and the Smithsonian
Junkyards and Dams
Mt.Othyrus and Olympus
Siri's innocent
Home and Laybrinth
Annabeth's Quest and Percy's Funeral
Battle and I Love You
The Qudditch World Cup
Triwizard Tournament
Yule Ball and Mermaids
Maze and Voldermort
Truth Serum and Hospital
Explosion and Council
Curse
This is War
Fight On
The War is Won
Freya and the Order
Umbridge
High Inquisitor and the D.A.
Unwanted and wanted kisses
A boy with one shoe
Umbridge's Nightmare
Why is it always trios?
Sisterly Bonding and Happy Dragons
Midas
Reuniting
Mountain Climbing
Freya's Birthday and Promises
The Wolf House
Back to school
Trouble
Kidnapping
Hippie Godesses
Praetors and Aurors
Cohorts
The Dead Reaturn and Mars
Washington
Alcyoneus' Lair
Keep Holding On
Reunions and The Start of a Journey
Mare Nostrom
Rome and Rescue Mission
Not so Nice Gods
Arai and Eros
Dameson, Khione, and Calypso

Sight and Percy

1.4K 44 4
By KatieRose1116

The next morning, Lavender made me float down to the Great Hall. Lav, Vati, and I giggled the whole way. When we got down there, Malfoy was doing an impression of Harry passing out. I rolled my eyes at his immaturity. Pansy Parkinson spotted me. "Hey, Jackson! Jackson! The dementors are coming, Jackson! Woooooooo!" I rolled my eyes and Parvati started cursing in Indian and Ancient Greek under her breath.

When we sat down, Fred and George passed us our schedules. We told them about Malfoy and Parkinson. They growled. "That little git," growled George. ""He wasn't so cocky last night when the dementors were down our end of the train. Came running into our compartment, didn't he, Fred?"

"Nearly wet himself," Fred agreed with a glare at Malfoy. I laughed and started to eat my waffle. Skittles flew in and landed on the table next to my dish.

How are you feeling, Nina? she asked as she grabbed a strawberry.

Better, I still can't walk.

How are you going to get around?

McGonagall showed me a charm that makes you float. Lav and Vati agreed to float me around the castle.

That's nice of them.

Ron and Hermione started up a conversation about how you can't be in three classes at once. I rolled my eyes. Those two are always fighting. Can't they give it a rest? I looked at my schedule, we had divination first. Fred gave me very clear instructions on how to get there. Parvati floated me down the corridors and I told them when to turn, having memorized Fred's instructions. Lavender climbed up the ladder and held the trap door open for me. Vati then floated me up, following close behind.

Inside the classroom, were a bunch of beanbag chairs and chintz armchairs. Vati set me down in an armchair and she and Lav sat on the two beanbag chairs. I felt so tall. I'm used to being the shortest. I had only reached 5'. Lav and Vati were both 5" taller than me. "Welcome," came a voice from behind me. I wanted to turn around to see who it was, but I didn't want to hurt my back worse. "How nice to see you in the physical world at last. Sit, my children, sit." I wasn't sure what to make of this lady as she came into my view. "Welcome to Divination. My name is Professor Trelawny. You may not have seen me before. I find that descending too often into the hustle and bustle of the main school clouds my inner eye."

Lavender, Parvati, and I were interested in what Professor Trelawney had to say. I had only ever gotten the opinion of one other prophetic-seer, and I now hated that man, I mean god. It was nice to hear a new opinion of the inner eye. "So, you have chosen to study Divination, the most difficult of all magical arts." I'll say, it takes forever to determine what some of my visions mean. "I must warn you from the outset that if you do not have the sight, there is very little I can teach you." Lav and Vati smirked at me. I stuck my tongue out at them. "Books can only take you so far in this field..." I almost laughed at Hermione expression.

"Many witches and wizards, though talented in making loud bangs, smells, and sudden disappearances, are yet unable to penetrate the veiled mysteries of the future. It is a gift to few. You, boy." She pointed at Neville. "Is your grandmother well?"

"I-I think so," Neville stammered.

"I wouldn't be so sure if I were you, dear." Neville gulped. I glanced into the future to see for myself if what Trelawney was saying was true. I saw Neville's gran sick in bed with the flu. Vati and Lav looked at me. I nodded my head. 'In a week she'll come down with the flu,' I mouthed to my friends. They nodded. "We will be covering the basic methods of Divination this year. The first term will be devoted to tea term we shall progress to palmistry. By the way, my dear," Trelawney turned to Vati, "beware a red-haired man." I quickly glanced into the future. A demigod fighting with Luke had cornered Vati in London and was trying to force her to join. She skewered him quickly. I whispered what would happen to her and she relaxed. Everyone except Vati, Lav, and I were glaring at Ron. "In the third term, we shall progress to the crystal ball-if we have finished fire omens, that is. Unfortunately, in February, classes will be interrupted by a nasty flu epidemic. I myself will lose my voice. And around Easter, one of our number shall leave us forever."

She smiled at us all. "I wonder, dear, if you could pass me that large, silver teapot." Lav happily got up and got it. "Thank you, my dear. Incidentally, that thing you have been dreading-it will happen on Friday, the sixteenth of October." Lav trembled and when she sat down, Vati wrapped her in a hug. Lav's worst fear was her younger sister, Belinda(everyone calls her Bunny for some strange reason) being killed by monsters. I didn't want Bunny to die! "Now, I want you all to divide into groups of three or four. Collect a tea cup from the shelf and come to me, and I will fill it. Then, sit down and drink, drink until only the dregs remain.

I smirked and raised my hand. Trelawney called on me. "Professor, is it caffeinated?" Everyone started cracking up. Hey, it's not my fault I can't have caffeine.

"No, it is not."

"Okay, good. I'm not allowed to drink caffeine.

"Oh, swill the dregs around the cup three times with the left hand, then turn your cup upside down on the saucer, wait for the last of the tea to drain away, then give your cup to a partner to read. You will interpret the patterns using pages five and six of unfogging the future. I shall move among you, helping and instructing. Oh and dear-" she grabbed Neville's arms as he began to stand up- "after you've broken your first cup, would you be so kind as to select a blue patterned ones? I'm rather attached to the pink."

As soon as Neville stepped past me with a pink cup, it slipped from his hands. I sent a quick 'Wingardium Leviosa' to keep it from breaking. He smiled his gratitude and Professor Trelawney nodded at me. Lav brought me back a blue one after explaining to Trelawney about my walking situation. We followed the instructions. I passed my cup to Vati, who passed her's to Lav, who passed her's to me. I looked into it.

"Ooh, Lav, there's a falcon in here. You have a very deadly enemy," I laughed.

"No duh, I'm a demigod. Luke is very deadly." We nodded our agreement.

"Oh, Vati, you poor dear. There's a cross here. You'll experience pain and suffering." We laughed again. We didn't need teacups to tell us that.

"Nina, you have a sun. How ironic." I glared at Vati. "You'll have great happiness."

"Not likely," I grumbled. "How can I be happy when I know what my destiny is?" Lav and Vati both reached over and gave me one armed hugs.

We heard Trelawney say Harry had the grim. Stinks for him. Vati gasped. "Nina, I think you have the grim." The whole room became even more silent as Professor Trelawney rushed over to us. She grabbed the teacup from Vati and sank into the chintz armchair that was across from me. She was clutching her heart. She looked at me and Harry sadly.

"Never, have I had a grim in my class. Now, I have two. I never could have foreseen this. I wish this was not so."

"What are you going to tell me next?" I whispered to Lav and Vati.

"That you're going to die because you blew yourself up," Vati whispered back. I held back a snort. Luckily, no one noticed it. Everyone began to whisper about the grim. I rolled my eyes. Professor Trelawney sent us off to our next class.

When we got to Transfiguration, Professor McGonagall asked me how my back was doing. "Same as a lot better than yesterday, but that might be because I hit it against the seat yesterday." She smiled sadly at me and gestured to a seat near the front of the room which Lav floated me too.

"I'll give you, Miss Patil, and Miss Brown a note and let you leave after the rush so you don't get hurt any worse."

"That means a lot, Professor. Thank you."

After a few minutes of class, Professor McGonagall was getting annoyed by all the whispering. She transformed back into her human form from her cat form. "Really, what has gotten into you all today? Not that it matters, but that's the first time my transformation's not got applause from a class." Hermione raised her hand. "Yes, Miss Granger."

"Please, Professor, we've just had our first Divination class, and we were reading the tea leaves, and-"

"Ah, of course. There is no need to say any more, Miss Granger. Tell me, which of you will be dying this year?"

"Nina and me," said Harry, finally.

"Two of you, I see. Then you should know, Potter, Jackson, that Sybil Trelawney has predicted the death of a student each year since she arrived at this school. None of them has died yet. Seeing death omens is her favorite way of greeting a new class. If it were not for the fact that I never speak ill of my colleagues-" Professor McGonagall cut herself off. "Divination is one of the most imprecise branches of magic. I shall not conceal from you that I have very little patience with it. True seers are very rare, and Professor Trelawney-"

Lav raised her hand. "Yes, Miss Brown."

"Nina is a prophetic-seer, right, Nina." Professor McGonagall looked at me funny. I shrugged and nodded my head.

"I still don't believe it," Hermione huffed. "There is no such thing."

I glared at her and closed my eyes, looking into the future. "In five minutes, a pegasus will be at the window." I opened my eyes and everyone stared at the window. Sure enough, five minutes later, a black pegasus flew up to the window. Wait a minute, there's only one pure black pegasus. "Blackjack!" I shouted. Vati jumped up and opened the window. My brother's pegasus stuck his head in the window.

Hey, Nina!

Blackjack, you better have a good reason for being here!

Blackjack snorted and moved so that the person on his back could climb through. A teenager climbed through the window. "Hey, Nina, Vati, Lav. What's up?"

"Percy!" I almost jumped up to hug him. Vati and Lav pulled me back. Percy grinned at me and knelt down next to me. He hugged me carefully.

"Thalia says hey, but didn't want to come. Something about not wanting to interrupt our reunion. Weird, she loves hanging out with you." Lav and Vati started giggling.

"Are you really that oblivious, Perce? Thalia's afraid of heights."

"Really? That's funny cause she's-"

"Yes, Percy. Don't tease her."

"No, I won't."

"May I ask who you are?" Professor McGonagall asked.

"Percy Jackson. I'm Nina's twin brother. Sorry, did I interrupt class?"

"No, we were waiting for a pegasus, which did show up, didn't you, Blackjack?" Lav laughed.

Blackjack threw his mane back. He whinnied. "He is so cute," Susan Bones giggled.

"Please, don't feed his ego," I rolled my eyes. Percy snorted. "Wait, why are you here?"

"I can't visit my favorite sister?" Percy asked indignantly. He crossed his arms in front of his chest and pouted.

"Percy, I'm your only sister. Probably the only one you're going to get too."

Percy stuck his tongue out at me. "Chiron found some herb that he thought might help." He pulled a green herb from his sweatshirt pocket. It looked very familiar.

"Percy," I sighed, "that's parsley."

"Don't ask me, the centaur gave it to me!" People stared at him.

"What centaur?" Hermione asked, snobbishly. "Centaur's don't help humans. THey stay away from us." She seemed rather proud of saying that.

"Really? Centaurs in England don't like people? Wow, the ones in America are really social and most will steal your root beer." Everyone stared at him.

"Nina, I thought you said your brother was a muggle. How does he have a pegasus and know about centaurs?" asked Harry.

"Oh, because I'm-"

No, Percy, wizards don't know Mages still exist! Just say you have a different type of magic.

Alright, thanks for the save, little sister.

I glared at him as he said, "I have a different type of magic than you guys. I really have to go. I have class tomorrow and my mom will kill me if I ditch. He kissed me on the forehead and waved to Lav and VAti. "Ti amo, sorellina, ciao."

"Ti amo troppo, fratellino. I'm older!"

"Yeah, but I'm taller!" was Percy's response as he jumped on Blackjack and flew off.

"Well, I guess you are a prophetic-seer," said McGonagall. I nodded, smiling.

"Your brother is so cute!" squealed Hannah. I grimaced did not need to hear that.

"Back off," Vati snapped. "He's Lavender's. Lav blushed and I started laughing. She had confessed her crush to us and Thalia.

"Shut up! I told you guys not to tell anyone!" We just started laughing harder.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

646K 20.3K 42
"I know what you are, Percy Jackson, Half-Blood Prince of the Sea." --- Percy, Annabeth, Nico and Will are thrown back into the Wizarding world for...
152K 4.1K 33
"𝐼 𝓀𝓃𝑜𝓌 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝓌𝑒𝓇𝑒 𝓌𝒶𝓎 𝓉𝑜𝑜 𝒷𝓇𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉 𝒻𝑜𝓇 𝓂𝑒 𝐼'𝓂 𝒽𝑜𝓅𝑒𝓁𝑒𝓈𝓈, 𝒷𝓇𝑜𝓀𝑒𝓃 𝒮𝑜 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝓌𝒶𝒾𝓉 𝒻𝑜𝓇 𝓂𝑒 𝒾𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒...
52K 905 16
Cordelia has learnt many things throughout her demigod life . One of the most important one in her life was : If you ever see a god gawking at you o...
717 93 8
Percy Jackson at Hogwarts you know how it goes, not this one I'm going to add my own little twists into it Percy's just chilling in his winter break...