Nina's Destiny

By KatieRose1116

Summary: Growing up in Manhattan, Antonina Jackson was used to strange things. It hardly bothered her at all... More

Antonia Jackson
Best Friends
Elemental Mages
Professor Severus Snap
The Hogwarts Express
The Sorting Hat
The Start of Classes
Flying Lessons
Midnight Duels
Troll in the Castle
Magic Bracelet and Magic Mirror
Detention
The Sorcerers Stone
Going Home
Camp Half-Blood
The First Monsters
Echidna and the Chimera
Lord Ares
The Lotus Hotel and Casino
Santa Monica and the Underworld
Ares and Flying,Yay!
Uncle,Father,and Best Friend
Lockhart and Saying Goodbye
More Lockhart and Mudbloods
A Part and A Chamber
Ledgends,Forgetting,and Bludgers
Charms and Pink,Ew!
Basilisk and Petrification
Near Death Experiences
Waking Up and Papa
Fratellie Principessa Andromeda
Zombies and Circe
Cyclops,Dreams, and Thalia
The Son of Hermes
Werewolves and Dementors
Sight and Percy
Parsley and Hippogriffs
A Boggart and Sirius
Forgiveness
Council and the Smithsonian
Junkyards and Dams
Mt.Othyrus and Olympus
Siri's innocent
Home and Laybrinth
Annabeth's Quest and Percy's Funeral
Battle and I Love You
The Qudditch World Cup
Triwizard Tournament
Yule Ball and Mermaids
Maze and Voldermort
Truth Serum and Hospital
Explosion and Council
Curse
This is War
Fight On
The War is Won
Freya and the Order
Umbridge
High Inquisitor and the D.A.
Unwanted and wanted kisses
A boy with one shoe
Umbridge's Nightmare
Why is it always trios?
Sisterly Bonding and Happy Dragons
Midas
Reuniting
Mountain Climbing
Freya's Birthday and Promises
The Wolf House
Back to school
Trouble
Kidnapping
Hippie Godesses
Praetors and Aurors
Cohorts
The Dead Reaturn and Mars
Washington
Alcyoneus' Lair
Keep Holding On
Reunions and The Start of a Journey
Mare Nostrom
Rome and Rescue Mission
Not so Nice Gods
Arai and Eros
Dameson, Khione, and Calypso

Diagon Ally

3.1K 75 20
By KatieRose1116

Nina's POV

"Alright Ms. Jackson, Miss Jackson, if you'll just take my arms, I'll apparate us to Diagon Alley," Professor Snape said, holding out both arms to the females in the room. Mom looked over at Percy nervously.

"Can Percy come too?" she asked.

"I'm afraid I can only take two at a time," the Professor said apologetically. Percy looked at Mom pleadingly, and I knew exactly what he was asking. Gabe was due home in an hour or two, and there was no guarantee we would be back in time. Gabe wasn't known for being nice when Mom wasn't around.

"I'll come with you guys," Morgan volunteered. Mom was about to say something, but he raised his hand. "I'm 17 Mrs. J. That's the age you become an adult in the wizarding world."

"At least let me give you money."

"I have more than enough," Morgan promised. I looked at him curiously. I knew his family was rich, but why would he offer to pay for me to go to school.

"Morgan," I said. "You don't need to pay for me to go to school."

"'Course I don't need to," Morgan said, "But you're my best friend, and besides I'm the only one out of us besides Professor Snape who has wizarding money.

Mom looked troubled for a minute before finally agreeing to it. "Now, grab onto my arm and I will apparate us to the Leaky Cauldron," Professor Snape said. At our confused looks, he added, "Which is the entrance to Diagon Alley." Morgan nodded his head, and we both grabbed onto Severus' outstretched arms. With a crack we disappeared and reappeared in the middle of the Leaky Cauldron.

"Ah, Professor Snape, if only you had come a few minutes earlier. Hagrid brought Harry Potter through here," the toothless barman exclaimed. He reminded me of a walnut. I noticed Professor Snape's jaw clenched at the mention of Harry Potter. "Are you on Hogwarts business too, then."

"Yes, I'm bring Miss Jackson to gather her things, along with her friend Mr. Morgan-" Professor Snape broke off, not knowing Morgan's last name.

"Ross," Morgan finished for him.

"Right... anyway, we must be going." Placing a hand on both Morgan's and my own shoulder, Professor Snape led us out into a small alleyway. Taking out his wand, he tapped a few bricks and stepped back, allowing the magic to do its job. Morgan and I stared as the passageway opened. Chuckling lightly at our expressions, Professor Snape led them into the Alley. "Welcome to Diagon Alley."

"Wow, that magic is very different from Mage magic," I said, in awe.

"Ah, yes, since most people here don't know that Mages still exist, I wouldn't tell anyone that you two are Mages. I have never told anyone." I nodded in agreement.

"Do you need to take money out of the bank, Mr. Ross?" Professor Snape asked.

"Yeah, actually," Morgan said a little sheepishly. "Only I've never exactly been to Diagon Alley so..."

"That is quite alright. I was just leading you to the bank. Welcome to Gringotts, the British wizarding bank." Professor Snape led us inside and to a goblin.

When the goblin saw Morgan he looked shocked and beckoned him forward. Why would a goblin recognize my best friend who isn't a wizard? Do goblins do dealings with Mages? The goblin and Morgan were speaking rapidly in a language I couldn't understand.

"Follow me," the goblin said in English after his quick conversation with Morgan.

"Hold my hand," Morgan whispered into my ear as the goblin led us through the room into what looked like a mining tunnel. The goblin ushered us into a mine cart, and as soon as he got in behind us we were off at break neck speeds.

The ride to Morgan's vault in the bank was rather long unfortunately. We rode past a waterfall and what appeared to be a dragon from a distance before stopping in a dead end. There were 14 vaults down here, and Apollo led me to the one with a sun engraved into it. He placed his hand on the door and it swung open revealing piles and piles of gold, silver, and bronze coins.

"You weren't kidding when you said your family has a lot of money to spare," I said as Morgan knelt down and scooped several handfuls of each type of coin into a pouch. "Isn't that heavy?"

"There's a weightless charm," Morgan answered as he stood back up, taking my hand in his own. He nodded to the goblin, who promptly ushered us back into the cart.

"Thank you, may your gold flow in an endless river, Master Teller."

"And may your arrows fly straight and true, my Lord," the goblin replied in kind. I wondered what that meant, but I was too shaken from the dealings with goblins to ask.

Morgan grinned at me as we left Gringotts. "Well, what are we waiting for, a herd of unicorns?" I laughed and hooked my arm through his dragging him outside.

"Alright let's see this list," I said excitedly, pulling my supply list from the envelope.

UNIFORM

First-year students will require:

1. Three sets of plain work robes (black)

2. One plain pointed hat (black) for day wear

3. One pair of protective gloves (dragon hide or similar)

4. One winter cloak (black, silver fastenings)

Please note that all pupils close should carry name tags

COURSE BOOKS

All students should have a copy of each of the following:

The Standard Book of Spells (Grade 1) by Miranda Goshawk

A History of Magic by Bathilda Bagshot

Magical Theory by Adalbert Waffling

A Beginners' Guide to Transfiguration by Emeric Switch

One Thousand Magical Herbs and Fungi by Phyllida Spore

Magical Drafts and Potions by Arsenius Jigger

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them by Newt Scamander

The Dark-Forces: A Guide to Self Defense by Quentin Trimble

OTHER EQUIPMENT

1 wand

1 cauldron (pewter, standard size 2)

1 set glass or crystal phials

1 telescope

1 set brass scales

Students may also bring an owl OR a cat OR a toad

PARENTS ARE REMINDED THAT FIRST YEARS ARE NOT ALLOWED THEIR OWN BROOMSTICKS

"Well, I guess we should get started then," I said. I grabbed Morgan's hand and started pulling him towards Madam Malkin's, which happened to be the closest shop. Professor Snape waited for us outside.

"Hogwarts you two?" asked Madam Malkin as we entered her shop.

"Not me, just her," said Morgan, gesturing to me. Madam Malkin smiled widely at me, and I waved back to her.

"Come back here you two, the two boys just left so I'll be helping you." I smiled at the woman and followed her back. Madam Malkin seemed very kind. She had me stand on a stool, and we chatted about random things while she fitted me with my robes. "Alrighty, that's you done deary, come back anytime you need new robes."

"I will, it was nice meeting you Ma'am." When they got outside Morgan ruffled my hair. I glared at him and went about trying to flatten it. "What's wrong Morgan?"

"Nothing, Sparkles," he grinned. I rolled my eyes at him before pulling him to the apothecary.

After lunch in the Leaky Cauldron, I checked my list again, "Alright, I just need my wand, erm, Professor Snape?" He glanced over at me. "Why are students allowed to bring owls to school?"

"They are specially trained owls that deliver mail," he replied with a tight-lipped smile, like he wasn't used to smiling.

"Oh, I guess that makes sense," I said. It was like pigeon mail except with owls instead of homing pigeons. "I should probably get an owl to keep in touch with you, Diane, Mom, and Percy, Morgan. I was worried I wouldn't be able to contact you." Morgan grinned widely and nodded his head.

"Of course Nina," he said. "How else is Di supposed to complain about me. Maybe you'll even find your familiar." I looked up at him, confused. He had never mentioned a familiar before. Thankfully, Morgan seemed to guess my confusion and elaborated. "Every Mage has one familiar, or more depending on how powerful they are. A familiar is an animal that bonds itself to a Mage. As long as the Mage is alive, the animal cannot die."

"That's so cool," I grinned. "Do you have one?" I was bouncing up and down on the balls of my feet in excitement.

"Two. A raven named Syria," Morgan said with a passive smile on his lips. There was a sparkle in his eyes as he talked about her. "She's the most beautiful bird in the world. There's also Lux. He's a grey wolf. His twin sister, Nox, is Di's familiar."

"You must be incredibly powerful," Professor Snape said, and I jumped because I almost forgot he was there, "To be able to control two familiars."

"You could say that I'm pretty powerful," Morgan grinned sheepishly, rubbing his hand through his hair, before walking into Eeylop's Owl Emporium. That was his way of saying he's done with this topic. I followed him into the shop. It was dark inside, and large cages were scattered around the entire room. Owls and birds of all different kinds were spread around the room. A small, Snowy Owl caught my eye. I left Morgan's side and went up to the cage, sticking a finger in to rub the owls head.

Hello Miss, a small voice said in my head. I stared at the tiny owl in wonder.

Was that you? I asked surreptitiously. How could an owl possibly be speaking to me through my mind.

Yes Miss, the owl replied. Familiars can speak to their Mage's through their thoughts.

You're mine? This was all surreal to me. I found out witches are real, and then I was talking to an owl not even four hours later.

Of course, the owl answered. I swear if she could she would be grinning. Are you going to take me home with you?

'Course I will, I promised. I think you're stuck with me, so what should I call you? You can call me Nina.

Anything you want, Miss Nina.

Just Nina is fine.

"This is her," I smiled, picking up my familiars cage. "I'm going to name her Skittles."

I like the name Nina.

Thanks Skittles.

"Really? Skittles?" Morgan grumped playfully. "Why would you choose Skittles?"

"Because Skittles are the best candy ever!" I clarified, sticking my tongue out at Morgan. He rolled his eyes at me, and took the cage with Skittles in it to go pay for her and some food he had picked up for her.

"Just one last shop," Professor Snape said as our small group stood outside of Ollivander's wand shop. He waited outside while Morgan and I went inside.

I walked up to the front desk and rang the bell. It was a few minutes before an elderly man got there. I jumped slightly when the man appeared, but Morgan showed no sign of being surprised.

"It has been a long time since Elemental Mages have graced these halls, although I am expecting an earth mage sometime soon." The old man who had spoken smiled at me and held out his hand to shake my own. He had white, fluffy hair and way too many wrinkles to count, but he offered a friendly smile, and I smiled back. I shook his hand.

"Hello sir," I smiled, trying my best to be polite. "My name is Nina Jackson, and this is Morgan Ross. We would greatly appreciate it if you don't tell anyone about our statuses as Mages unless we tell you it's okay." Mr. Ollivander nodded and smiled widely at me.

"Of course young one. I never reveal my customers' secrets." He nodded his head in Morgan's direction, and my friend repeated the gesture. What was with all these people knowing Morgan? "Now am I correct to assume that you are the one I am fitting for a wand?" I nodded my head eagerly. This is the part I was really looking forward too. "Well then, which hand do you use, child?"

"I use my right sir," I replied, holding my hand out for him. Mr. Ollivander took the tape measure that was laying across his shoulders and tapped it with his wand. It flew to me and started measuring everything from the width of my wrist to the length of my nose. After measuring the length of my left foot, the tape measure seemed satisfied and flew back to Mr. Olivander.

"Ah, I believe I may have the perfect wand for you," the old man said with a wicked gleam in his eye. Mr. Ollivander went into the back of the store and came back carrying a pale yellow box. "Here we are. 13 inches, white pine, and the core is the hair of a pegasus." I gingerly took the wand from the box, hands quivering in excitement, and made a graceful sweep with it. Sparkles trailed from the end of it, and Morgan and I laughed at the irony. "Perfect," Mr. Ollivanders smiled happily. "That will be seven galleons."

Morgan handed the money over to Mr. Ollivander and handed me the box. "It was nice meeting you sir," I called over my shoulder as we exited the shop. "Have a nice day!"

"You as well young one," Ollivander replied.

Morgan waved and grabbed my hand, leading me outside and back to Professor Snape.

"I need to apparate you back home now," the man said. "There is a staff meeting at Hogwarts. To get to the Hogwarts Express, Miss Jackson, you simply run through the barrier between platforms nine and ten in King's Cross Station. That would be in London."

With a loud crack, Morgan and I were once again in my living room. Professor Snape only stayed a second before he disappeared again. Morgan looked at his watch.

"Crap! I got to go meet Di. See you soon Sparkles."

"Bye Morgie, see you later!" I called after him, returning his right hug. "Tell Di I said hi, will you?"

"'Course," Morgan grinned before disappearing from sight. I sighed, grabbing my things, which Professor Snape had made feather light for me, and raced upstairs to tell Percy of Everything that happened in Diagon Alley.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

52.4K 910 16
Cordelia has learnt many things throughout her demigod life . One of the most important one in her life was : If you ever see a god gawking at you o...
437K 10.4K 29
Percy Jackson and Harry Potter, two of our most favored heroes, meet in this epic adventure. Chiron and the gods send Percy and his friends to Hogwar...
12.5K 284 22
I do not own the characters due to Rick :( Percy Jackson Annabeth Chase- Magnus Chase and Alex-Carter and Sadie Kane- Aru Shah and Mini The Demigods...
607K 20.4K 85
Child of the Eldest Gods from the East, Heiress of Earth and Legacy of Stars and Magic, Has the Affinity to Balance the Peace of Nature, Fated Love i...