Like A Bullet [P.M.]

By arkham_fanboy

Love is like a bullet, and Pietro Maximoff wants to be shot. After surviving the incident in Sokovia, Pietro... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Author's Note

Chapter 70 - Epilogue

2.1K 36 7
By arkham_fanboy

"Dear Wanda,

These past three months have been like a roller coaster for us. We experienced things that challenged us and our relationship with each other. I had forgotten what it was like to feel happy, truly happy, I mean. That's what you saw missing in me. I wasn't myself ever since Sokovia and I didn't know how to fix that.

But then I met Laurel, and she opened up my heart in a way that I didn't know was possible. I thought my soul was forever tainted with darkness because of Hydra and Ultron, but she showed me compassion and she loved me for who I was underneath, without a single care of what I had done in the past. She made me feel like I was a young Sokovian teenager who had experienced his first love once again. She filled in the gaps in my heart which was torn apart by bullets.

I love you, Wanda, I love you more than anyone, and you're very important to me. You're my sister, and I am grateful for everything you've done for me. We may not always agree on things, but I know I can count on you for anything.

Now, the reason I'm writing this letter is not that simple. Ever since I started dating Laurel, I have had this thought in my mind that I just couldn't brush off. I love her, I love her very much. I'm ninety percent sure she's "the one", but the only way to make sure of that is by focusing on my relationship with her. Solely.

Yes, this does mean that I'm resigning from the Avengers indefinitely. I need to be with her and get to know her better, and I can't do that while running off to missions to who knows where at any given time (I'll be sending Steve a personal letter as well, dictating my resignation and the reason behind it. I know he'll understand).

Laurel is on board with this, and we've found the perfect small house in Amalfi. It's beautiful, Wanda. Seaside view and everything. Sure it costs us a little more than we originally planned to spend, but with Laurel's savings, combined with mine, we were able to make the deal. We're both already looking for jobs, so don't worry about that. Also, you can visit anytime you want. And by anytime, I mean it literally.

You may think this is all going a little bit too quickly, but this is my decision, Wanda. I'm tired of others directing my life and telling me what to do, and what not to do. It's time that I learn to live on my own, and build the life mama and papa wanted me to have. What they wanted us both to have (tell Vision not to get creative).

Tell everyone that I'm going to be okay. They do not have to worry about me. I will keep in contact with you. I'll send postcards or whatever.

So, in conclusion, you are the best twin sister anyone could ever have. We share a bond greater than those of regular twins. I know that you'll be safe, and I want you to know that I'll be safe. Laurel and I, we can protect ourselves. From Hydra, evil robots, or aliens. Who knows, If we ever do decide to return to New York, we may return with little ones running around the place and freezing stuff. Although I'm not sure I'm ready for that.

Your twin brother,
Pietro Django Maximoff.

------------------------------------------------

We boarded the jet and said goodbye to Rome, the ancient city which revealed important things concerning our relationship. Where we snuck into the Colisseum, and Laurel got very drunk, and where we ice skated just like our first "date", I suppose. And where we decided our next step into the future.

"Did you do something different to your hair this morning?" I asked, pushing down the magazine to see Laurel's face.

"I did not actually." She scoffed, returning to the very interesting article.

"I know. I just wanted to talk to you." I paused. "Do you think I should change the color of my hair?"

"Why would you wanna do that?"

"Well, people may find the silvery white look weird and suspicious."

"Oh, please. It didn't bother anyone in New York." She placed down the magazine on the table beside her.

"Well, it is New York."

"True." She stopped for a moment, and took a good look at my silver locks. "Your natural hair color is brown, like Wanda's?"

"Yes, but-"

"Go for it, then. Brown would look good on you."

"I was thinking of changing it to blue, though."

Dead silence.

"Kidding." I awkwardly smiled.

After the fourty-five minute plane ride, we said our goodbyes to the crew on board, and we rented a car. We drove to our new house with all of our luggage.

We stood outside the front door, key in one hand, and Laurel's hand in the other.

"Here we go." I whispered, turning the key, and hearing the door lock click. The door creaked open and we stepped into the small, one-story house.

It had two bedrooms, and one and a half bathrooms. A kitchen, a family room, and a dining room. It was all microscopic to what I was accustomed to in the Avengers Tower. The basic appliances, like the fridge and the stove, were installed. Laurel checked the water situation in the bathrooms and everything was fine. All we needed now was furniture, which was what we did that whole day. Just buy furniture, like a bed and stuff we needed right now.

When we came back, we put everything in it's place and settled down to eat meals that were prepared by the jet staff, as a gift. After that, we took showers and settled right into bed. We had no air conditioner, so we just opened the windows that led to the sea. A very satisfying breeze of wind came into the room and we threw ourselves on our newly-bought full-sized bed.

We barely slept that night. We just talked and talked and talked. We talked about our job searches, our list of groceries for the next day, and a bunch of other home and work things.

"Did we do the right thing here, Pietro?" Laurel whispered, carefully spiraling her fingertips along my forearm, which was placed across her body, holding her tightly.

"I do not know. I would like to think we did."

"Is it funny that I'm actually nervous?" She chuckled. "About all of this."

"No." I placed a long kiss on her cheek, Laurel blissfully closing her eyes as my lips touched her cold skin. "I am nervous too."

She then turned to face my body, lifting her head slightly to meet my eyes. A smile tugged at the corner of her mouth. I brought my hand to her jaw, stroking her cheek with my thumb.

"I love you, Pietro." Laurel quietly muttered as her eyes stared intently into my own.

"I love you, Elizabeth." I smiled, my comment making her giggle under her breath.

We managed to slowly fall asleep after those words. I don't know if Laurel fell asleep first or I did, but I'm leaning towards the latter. I was tired, we both were, but we just had so many things to get off our chests, and so we did that night.

And it was amazing.

-----------------

4 months later

Food was scarce at home. We needed eggs, ham, milk, and plenty of other things. We were both too lazy to get up and drive to the market. Ultimately, we rock-paper-scissored it, like the responsible adults we are, and I ended up losing and getting in the car.

The drive to the market was short, about fifteen minutes. The people were really kind here. Laurel and I were part of the community now. Things had never been better.

"Hello, Mr. Rossi." I greeted the shopowner with a pleasant smile.

"Ah, hello, Pietro. How are you, my friend?" He smiled, extending his hand and placing his other one on my shoulder.

"All is good." I shook his hand. "Just came by to buy some things for the kitchen."

"Ah, is Lizzie trying a new recipe again?" He asked, sitting down at his counter.

"Not this time. Just some eggs, ham, milk, things like that." I sat opposite to him.

"Well, you are going to have to be more specific than that."

I pulled out a crumpled piece of paper and unfolded it to read. "Two dozen eggs, two cartons of milk, regular ham portion, about five green peppers, and..." I continued. The old man stared with his eyes wide open.

"Just give me the paper, Pietro." He smiled. "This old mind is not going to remember all that."

"Thank you, Mr. Rossi."

"Pietro, I have known you for months now. The least you can do is call me Gabriel!" He exclaimed, disappearing into the back of his shop.

I snickered under my breath, instinctively taking out my phone from my pocket.

No new messages.

Wanda had stopped messaging me for about three weeks by then. I was getting worried. She would always text me every two or three days like the protective twin sister she was. It seemed extremely strange she'd stop so abruptly. I discarded the thought as Laurel's name flashed onto the screen.

"Buongiorno." I answered.

"Boungiorno, Pietro." She laughed. "Are you at the market?"

"Yes, I gave Rossi the list, he is looking for the things."

"Great. I've started cooking a special meal for us. You're gonna love it."

"I thought we agreed that I was going to cook today." I sheepishly smiled.

"Well, I saw the kitchen and I couldn't help myself. Besides, you cooked yesterday."

"That is true." I paused. "Hey, has Wanda called you by any chance?"

"Nope, why?"

"Nothing. Seems awful strange she hasn't called."

"She's probably avenging around the world, Pietro. You've got nothing to worry about."

"I'd know if she was avenging if we had a TV."

"I thought this whole running away thing was for us to disconnect from the world."

"That does not mean we cannot get a TV."

She laughed. "We'll talk it over. Just get here soon."

"I will." We both stopped talking. "Love you." I whispered.

"Ti amo." She whispered back, hanging up the phone afterwards.

"You two are just adorabile." Mr. Rossi appeared in the corner of my eye, a paper bag with my things in his hand.

I paid him and made my way back home.

One of the things I loved most about living out here, was the peacefulness to it. Not taking it all quickly, and just driving calmly along the ocean, the breeze rushing through my recently dyed hair, and not having to worry about anyone trying to kill me.

It was almost five in the afternoon by the time I got to the house. The windows were open, and so was the door. The pleasant aroma was escaping through the house and entering through my nose. It smelled fantastic.

"Something smells good in there!" I yelled as I got off the car and walked towards the front door.

"Don't walk in yet!" Laurel scram.

I stopped and waited until she signaled me to enter.

"You can come in now!"

I resumed my pace and entered the warm house. As I walked by the dining room, surprised by the emptiness of it, I shifted my sight to the living room, Laurel sitting on the floor, our meal next to her.

"We have not cleaned in two weeks, if you expect me to sit down on the dirty floor then-"

"Just sit down." Laurel ordered, and I followed.

I placed the groceries on the counter and took off my hoodie and my boots.

"What's on the menu for tonight?" I politely asked, taking my bowl of food.

"Rigatoni with grilled vegetables." She smiled, taking a piece of broccoli into her mouth.

"Oh, you shouldn't have." I placed a gentle kiss on her cheek and started to eat my pasta.

"It's already been four months, Pietro."

"Time does fly."

"I can't believe it, to be honest. I never expected to like it here so much." She said, playing with her fork.

"You miss the city?"

"Hm, kinda." She chuckled.

"I do. I miss everyone."

"Is this regret I'm hearing?" She tilted her head.

"Of course not. I am loving my time here, with you. But, you know."

"I know."

"Do you miss your father?"

She paused. Thought for a second and spoke.

"Yeah. Even after everything's he's done, I still love him. And I miss him." She smiled. "It's family, it's inevitable."

"I agree." I placed the bowl on the table next to us and placed my head in Laurel's chest. She played with my brown locks.

"I miss the silver look." She spoke under her breath.

"It will come back, eventually." I drew my hands to her thighs and stroked them softly.

"Love is like a bullet, my mom always told me." Laurel began, gently stroking my hair. "It's fast, and it's furious, and sometimes you can't even see it coming. You can't dodge it, unless someone stands in the way, and takes the bullet with you."

the end.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

704K 19.2K 76
"Willow Price." Caleb introduced me. My hair was parted in two tight french braids that held the hair away from my face. I was wearing cargo pants a...
92.4K 2.3K 47
7 𝖔𝖚𝖙 𝖔𝖋 7 𝖎𝖓 𝖒𝖆𝖌𝖊 𝖘𝖊𝖗𝖎𝖊𝖘 1 in 14,000,605. What's left after Thanos snapped his fingers... the original Avengers. Earth's mightiest...
1.4M 50.7K 101
2023 It's been several months since Tony Stark and Natasha Romanoff gave their lives to bring back the trillions murdered in the decimation. In the...
724K 20.3K 84
"But...he was your everything." I look down at the faded photo, a small smile appearing as I take in his handsome smiling face, god how I used to lov...