Back With A Secret

By -vintage_rose-

Bullied and tormented with secrets and dark truths Charlotte Melton insists she leaves her home town, a town... More

One| Goodbye Charlie
Two| Welcome Home Charlie
Three| To Cause a Mess
Four| Blood became black
Five| Guess who's back
Six| The cup is bloody empty!
Seven | A general Question
Eight | We looked Untouchable
Nine | Natural Instincts
Ten | My Masterpiece
Eleven | Obnoxious & Rude
Twelve | Intention to Starve
Thirteen | Second Time
Fourteen| Disturbed Peace
Fifteen | Like a Hamster
Sixteen | Late Shifter
Seventeen | Rogues
Eighteen | Bella and Blue
Nineteen | Put down
Twenty | Catering and Ditching
Twenty-One | Bruised
Twenty-Two | Mates
Twenty-Three | White Punches
Twenty-Four | Kidnappers
Twenty-Five | Wild Fire
Twenty-Seven | Tease
Twenty-Eight | Obvious
Twenty-Nine | Penguins Bite
Camp, Eric, Forest and Kidnapping...
I've just been kidnapped and i came out with gummy bears...
Finding Charlie and making plans...
Slapping, Joking and Glarring...
Jakes transformation and his question...
holy fudge muffins and banana lollipops!...
Pro at seducing...
Paybacks a B*tch, ain't it?...
Well this trip will be interesting...
Why would Blade do this to his own?...
Dont Let The Bed Bugs Bite
Oh no indeed inner me
That Feeling
Don't Stab Him

Twenty-Six | Dimwit

26.5K 505 22
By -vintage_rose-

hey guys.

uploaded 2 days in a row :)

---------------------------------------------------

Rushing into the hospital was a blur. The white walls blurring around me, the shouts and noises of people hustling were muddled into one continuous buzz. I knew Jake was right behind me, trailing me as I followed the gurney that the doctors and nurses were pushing. My father still unconscious while being tested and prodded while in motion.

I watched as they pushed open large doors and went through, the doors enclosing them. I lifted my hands to open them for myself when a hand gently gripped my forearm. Halting in my spot I stared down at the little lady wearing scrubs. Her look gentle.

"Sorry honey, you're not allowed in there" her voice light as she took us twins in.

I felt my throat restrict, my words of protest not coming up.

"When will he be coming out?" Jake asked, stopping my obvious attempts to speak.

Her gaze shifted to his, "After they diagnose what's happened to him they'll let you visit him in a room. But for now you'll need to wait in the waiting room" she informed us, her hand falling from her grip.

He nodded in understanding as she left us to sit behind the counter again.

"C'mon Charlie, lets sit down" he suggested pulling at my arm to follow him. My feet moved on their own accord as we sat down in the uncomfortable grey seats. He stayed in silence, watching everyone around us moving while I just stared down at my knotted hands.

My dad was currently in an unresponsive state for no apparent reason. I knew there was something wrong with him today. As soon as he began the whole speculation of my pack being kidnappers I knew he had lost it. Something had happened to him to cause him to be delusional and abnormally brash.

Moments later the shrill voice of my mum entered the room. My head snapping up to stare at her as she rushed in. Her hair a complete mess, her eyes red and her hand wildly swinging her handbag behind her.

"Where is he? Is he alright? Please tell me he's alright!" she demanded reaching us. She was breathless from running yet her voice was weak. She was his mate after all. Anything that happened to him would crush her.

"He's still in there. They'll come and grab us when they know something" Jake filled her in, pulling our mum into a side-ways hug. I stared up at them as they comforted each other. The sounds of other feet entering the room caught my attention as Liam Luca came into my view. His face devoid of emotions, stoic and in alpha mode. His Beta, second in command, was currently out of service for the pack. It was a concerning matter.

"Any news?" He asked, standing beside my mother who only shook her head to answer. He gruffly turned around to walk to a corner and pulled out his phone. Another body came into view, younger and with worried eyes.

His eyes locked with mine and I felt a sudden overwhelming sense of calmness. Standing up with no real control over my body I gravitated towards him as he met me half way. Coming close his eyes showed hesitance as he avoided any contact.

"Are you okay? I heard about the whole scene" he asked his eyes searching my face.

I smiled.

"I'm alright, thanks" I told him truthfully. I only began to feel emotions as soon as Eric came in but he didn't need to know that. Despite the inability to really be with him and accept our fate I was glad he came. My wolf and I felt comforted at just the thought that he worried for us.

"Eric, what are you doing here?" Liam asked confused, coming to greet his son. While they talked Jake came over to join as mum stayed in her seat staring at me.

I gave her a smile and decided to try and comfort her. Knowing that your mate was only a few rooms away and unable to go to him must be hard. I knew it would be hard for me if Eric was in there and I hardly knew him whereas she knew him for most of her life.

"He'll be alright, dad's a tough bloke."

"I know he will be" she replied, leaning her head against my own as we settled into a comfortable silence. I gazed at the males in the room seeming to be discussing something important, most likely pack related business. A fill-in beta while my dad was in here. A pack should never go without the highest in commands. I didn't miss the fact that Eric kept checking in on me as I began to watch the TV hanging off the wall.

"Mrs. Melton?" the same nurse that stopped me earlier called out in the almost empty room. All of our heads snapped in her direction. She held a small smile as my mum eagerly appeared in front of her, her posture stiff and her expression hopeful.

"Yes, is he alright?" she answered, her tone airy.

"Your husband is doing quite fine now. He had a serious case of heat stroke. Quite alarming at his age. He had a high temperature and seemed to have no recollection of his whereabouts" she replied easily. My shoulders tightened as her words sunk in.

Heart Stroke? He had heat stroke?

"Can I see him?"

"Of course, he's in room 304 level 2"

And she was off. My mother barely staying to hear the rest of the directions as she bolted into the direction of the nearest elevator. I held in my laugh as she disappeared. Mates were forever in love it seemed.

I felt my phone vibrate in my palm, someone ringing me. Hushing Eric as he made it to my side, I answered the phone without checking the ID.

"Hello?"

"Charlie yes! Where about are you in the hospital?" he asked. Where was I in the hospital? How did he even know I was in here?

"In the waiting room. How did you know that?" I asked, giving Eric a confused look to which he responded with an even more confused one. I turned away from him again as he began to question who was on the phone.

"Okay, I'm on my way" was all he said as he ended the call. Staring down at my phone in puzzlement.

"Who was that?" Eric asked curiously, peeking at my face from the side. Turning around to answer him, realization dawned on me. No freaking way-

"Charlie!" I heard his voice holla from the entry of the waiting block.

I watched as Eric's head found the owner of the unfamiliar voice, his eyes narrowing automatically. Turning around again, man it felt like I was doing twirls. This is why I was never into dancing; I became too dizzy at the simplest things.

Taking in his large frame covered in a very posh business suit I grinned. His blonde hair gleamed in the unhealthy lighting of this building, brightening his blue crystal eyes.

"Landon" I breathed, taking running start towards him.

A hand on my waist pulled me back against a hard chest. Dazed, I looked up seeing Eric's stiff chin. "Stay away from him Charlie" he muttered, his eyes still trained on a very polite Landon. What was going on here- Oh. They knew he was an alpha. An identified alpha walking into a pack's territory and hospital. Landon was the nicest and funniest person I knew but he was honestly a dimwit. He could get himself killed if he didn't announce his presence and sensing from the stiffness of the room as I caught a sight of Jake and Liam Luca uptight beside us, I knew he didn't do that. He truly was an idiot.

Feeling the tension in the room grow unexpectedly fast I struggled against Eric's grip, pushing myself off of him and succeeding. Steadying myself as I used an awful amount of force off of him I gave Landon another grin before taking a careful step in front of him.

"Charlie" Jake hissed, his whole body screaming to protect me from this potential danger. Rolling my eyes at him, I turned to give Alpha Luca a smirk.

"Liam Luca I would like for you to meet my lovely yet dumb friend from England, Landon Peters" I introduced them, holding back my laugh as I heard Landon's surprised intake of breath. He wasn't expecting that insult.

"Someone's feeling a little salty today" he whispered as he side-stepped me to give Liam a handshake. He stiffly met him halfway, nodding his head in acknowledgement.

"Nice to meet you" he replied, his tone light. He knew exactly who he was now. Landon was one of the main Alpha known in England. A force to be reckoned with. 

I gestured with my hand to the others beside him. "This is Jake, my brother."

"Ah, the famous twin" he added with a skeptical yet polite nod.

"And Eric, Liam's son" I finished off. Clucking his tongue, he took in Eric. Finally putting a face to a name I used in my pathetic teenage drama stories. Done with introductions I stepped back letting the conversation start up. 

Landon taking a step forward sheepishly rubbed at his neck, "I'm so sorry about everything sir. I mean no disrespect but this trip was unplanned and made last minute" he explained. "I was going to inform the present Alpha-" he started but was interrupted from Jakes obnoxious coughing. Everyone turning to stare at him.

He was trying to get Landon to shut up about the whole werewolf thing in front of me. Making a little 'o' shape with my mouth as I realized I never told him about my current situation, I gripped onto his hand as a warning to shut up. He looked down at me with a wince, his eyebrow raised in confusion. To which I just shook my head.

"I think I'll just take Landon back home and get him reacquainted with my friends. It's been a long time" I said ready to pull him away from these three overly protective males. Landon was a civilized alpha. He wasn't going to kill anyone, and if he was he wouldn't of calmly walked through the place, he could of tore everything apart as soon as he passed the boundaries.

"Charlie I don't think that's a good idea. I would like to get to know your friend first" Liam stopped us. Groaning, I slightly leaned against Landon tiredly.

"I'm sure you'd want to go check in with my dad first. Then you can come over afterwards" I reasoned, already pulling Landon back to try and escape.

"Don't you want to see dad?" Jake asked skeptically. I grimaced. Off course I did, more than anything but I knew he was okay now. He had mum anyway and was in the good hands of these doctors. I will come back later and visit him after I update my friend with the current situation of my life.

"I'll come back soon to visit him. For now, I want to make sure my friends are okay after everything that's happened today. Plus, I'm sure Landon wants to rest after such a long trip here" I answered, feeling slightly proud of my adult-like explanation. All this BS was mainly the reason why I was passing English. I could make anything turn into A quality essays. It's a skill that I was oddly proud of. Only a very few in this world could do this.

"Charlie-" Jake started, but I gave him a firm look. I could take care of myself. He should know that. I wasn't a little helpless girl in the 'human' world.

"I'll drive you home" Eric added in stopping Jake from starting another excuse to keep me here and away from Landon. Holding back another eye roll I shook my head no.

He gave me a pointed stare before rolling his eyes, "You don't have a car Charlie, Jakes staying and I was going to leave soon anyways. I'll take you home" he explained, his voice tight. Registering his words, he was right. I didn't have my own car with me at the moment and I couldn't just shift in the middle of the carpark and gallop home with prying eyes everywhere.

Sighing I nodded my head, feeling comfort as Landon felt my discomfort and squeezed my hand. Giving him a thankful smile, I felt the intensity of Eric's glare at the two of us.

He was jealous.

I felt my chest restrict. Either from amusement or unease, I wouldn't know as Landon now pulled me out of the room as Eric spoke a few last words to his father and best friend.

"I feel a story coming along" Landon sing-sang, knowing full well that my life was more interesting than it once was.

-------------------------------------------------------

EDITED.

Vote! Comment! Fan!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

206 0 22
With a town seemingly turned against her and a family with no control over her out of control moods, Jewel sees no other way of lightening the load t...
1.2K 34 32
Charlotte doesn't know her real parents... All she remembers is little fragments of her home world, but little does she know as she is raised in this...
167K 5.5K 32
Elizabeth Monroe is 16 and looking for her mate but she doesn't know she has one for everything she is. Elizabeth is a hybrid of a werewolf and a vam...
199K 5.1K 21
Elizabeth is a city girl, who been living alone for a long time and has no family. She ends up moving to a small town because of her job. What she do...