Intrigued By Her (Completed)

By WatersAnna

He pulls me fiercely to his chest and I hug him back. He pulls away after what seems like an eternity and I r... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Epilogue
Author's Note

Chapter 42

10.5K 412 6
By WatersAnna

 I feel a shiver run through me as I reminiscent the events of the evening. I now have even a more clear picture of why Xavier is so scared of those guys. And the name Zach- that itself sounds dangerous. I try to look normal and greet uncle and aunt as    they ask me about my day. My hands sweat as I speak out a lie.

"It was good. Normal and uneventful."

"Okay Sam, you freshen up and I'll make some tea for all of us." Aunt Martha says and I nod with a smile.

Through out the remaining day, I smile and laugh and act normal with my family but on the inside I'm nothing but anxious and scared. As the night falls, I can't help but want Xavier with me. I open my curtains and see his window shut. I don't think he will come tonight. He must be in a turmoil right now and if I'm feeling like this, I can't even come to imagine Xavier's stress right now. I have to be with him, but before that I need to make a call.

"Hey dad." I say as he picks up.

"Hey love. How are you?"

"I'm good. How is mom?"

"She is okay. She opened her eyes yesterday for few seconds and then she was back in her unconscious state."

"And you didn't even call to inform? Dad you promised that you will update me about mom regularly before you left for Texas." I say, a bit of frustration lacing my voice. After a sigh, dad speaks

"I know Sam, I know I promised. But I don't want to stress you out. I'm scared as hell and I don't want you to feel the same."

"But dad, she is my mother and I feel restless and stressed about her all the time. You not calling and updating me about it only adds to the pressure." I try to explain.

"I'm sorry kid. I will keep informing you about Andrea regularly now. Okay?"

"Thanks dad. Are you in the hospital right now?"

"Yeah, I'm right beside your mum. Watching her sleep peacefully."

"I don't know if she is awake or not but can you put the receiver near her ear? I really need to talk to her." I say, tears welling up in my eyes.

"Okay, okay hun. Hang on for a sec." Dad says and his voice is hoarse from what I feel is sadness. I wait as I hear some shuffling and then the sound settles.

"Hey mumma bear, its been long huh? I bet you miss me and my gossip. Dad isn't as entertaining as I am, is he?" I try to joke but my voice cracks. I take a deep breath and talk again,

 "Don't do this mom, don't do this. Don't just- just give up. You're strong right? I can't imagine my life without seeing you everyday and knowing that you have my back mumma. Please don't do this to me, please." I say and break into tears. My lips quiver as I fumble for words. "Mom you have to come back. After opening your eyes, smiling that small smile and giving us hopes, you can't even think of leaving us now. I am not letting you go. I know you are so tired to fighting but please keep going on, let the medicines help you. I feel so helpless mom, I feel so helpless." I groan in pain as my pent up emotions all flow freely now. I cry harder now, not even being able to speak now. I hold my phone, crying and imagining my mother's sleeping form. I hear shuffling again and dad speaks,

"Hey hey hey baby girl, you need to stay firm and strong okay? Don't cry Sam. You mum  will be fine. I won't let my sweet heart leave me and you alone okay? Don't cry honey please." Dad says soothingly and his words give me the tiniest bit of comfort. I wipe my tears and take another deep breath, restoring my voice.

"Yes dad. I won't cry. Take care dad, love you." I say, trying to sound normal.

"Bye hun. Love you too." Dad says and hangs up. I blink and sniffle, trying to get hold of my emotions and pray a silent prayer for mom. I walk near my stairs and shout,

"Aunt Martha?" 

"Yeah hun?" Aunt shouts back.

"I am just going to study and then sleep so I'll be locking my door. Okay?"

"Okay Sam, good night and study well." She says and I go back inside my room locking the door. I tie my hair into a messy bun and grabbing my cell phone, swing my legs over my grill onto the plank. I take careful steps, still scared. The cold air fans my entire body and I shiver in the chilly wind. I knock on Xavier's window and after a few seconds, his curtains open and he opens his window too.

"Sam, what are you doing here?" He asks casually as I settle my feet in his room.

"I am staying the night here." I say and look around for a heater. I shiver slightly and Xavier notices. He walks to his door and gets his hoodie which is hanging on his door knob.

"Here, take this." He says and I smile. As I put his hoodie over my head, I feel covered with him. His scent is all over me and I love every bit of it. I blush slightly and sit on his bed, crossing my legs.

"You had dinner?" Xavier asks and I nod. I ask him the same and replies in affirmation.

"I am just gonna get us a bottle of water. Stay here." Xavier says and I nod. He leaves his room, closing it behind him and I just look around. I see a photo frame on his table and I walk towards it. Its a picture of him and Noah, laughing as they play with a football. I can tell its a recent photo and I admire how gorgeous both the brothers look. As I keep the frame back, my hand accidentally pushes his pen holder down and I bend to pick it up. My eyes fall a few photographs scattered below his bed and I pull them out eagerly, to see more of the adorable pictures of the West brothers. But my breath hitches as I realize what the pictures depict.

The first picture is of Xavier, younger than now with two guys and one of them I realize, is Steve. The guys have their arms around Xavier and Xavier smiles like an immature kid, trying to act cool with a cigarette in his mouth. I flip the photo to see the next one. This time its only Xavier and another guy who is tall, hugely muscular and fully clad in black clothes. The guy is smirking while Xavier dons a proud smile. These pictures are of probably the period when Xavier adored the group or should I say 'the gang'. As I'm about to see the next picture, I hear foot steps outside. Not to appear as sneaky, I quickly get up shoving the photos back into their original spot. Only, before I divert my gaze from the pictures, a small detail catches my eye.

I sit back again on the bed as Xavier enters again. He sets a blue bottle on the table. I smile and he smiles back.

"Do you want to sleep or watch a movie?" He asks and I shake my head. Watching a  movie sound appealing but we both need to rest.

"I'm tired. Lets sleep. i just wanna lay with you." I say honestly and I see Xavier's eyes darken with a foreign emotion. He nods and walks around the bed, getting in beside me. He draws the blanket over us and I snuggle closer to him, wrapping my arms around his defined torso. He puts his hand on my stomach. Xavier kisses me softly on the lips and I close my eyes, letting his kisses drug me as always. I lay my head below his shoulder, just on the start of his chest and close my eyes, feeling more comfortable and calm than before. 

Its like a magic. A magic that works every time I am with Xavier. He involuntarily has the power to cease my worry, my stress, my pain, my anxiousness. When I am with him, it feels as if my whole being is ignited with a fire, yet my soul feels at the most ease. He doesn't even have to say anything, his hugs, kisses, they are all drugs that slowly and effectively calm all my restless nerve endings. 

Like now, the inner turmoil I had regarding mom is now eased. Staying with him makes me feel that everything is going to be fine. I wonder if I make him feel the same way? I don't know. But I do know that he loves me and that is more than anything I could ask for. 

I wait for a while before I ask a question that has been in my mind ever since I saw that picture. I realize, Xavier has been drawing circles on the back of my hand and which is now starting to feel ticklish. Damn you bones!

"Xavier?" I say as we both rest quitely in each other's embrace. 

"Hmm?"

"Was realization the only reason you quit that group?" I ask and he doesn't reply. I know my question has caught him off guard but its important.

"Yes, why do you ask suddenly?" He says, though I sense a bit of hesitation in his voice.

"You are not hiding anything from me right?" I ask again, looking up at him.

"Um no..But what's wrong Sam?" He asks confused and I contemplate if I should tell him what I saw in that picture. The last thing I want to do is to make him feel that I doubt him.

"I didn't mean to but I accidentally knocked off your pen holder and while picking it up, I saw some pictures." I say cautiously and his eyes widen slightly. "But I just saw two of those and while getting up, I saw a group of people, all having...having guns. And the only thing I could make out before standing was that it was a dark, underground kinda place and those guys were supposedly in the background." I say and wait for him to react. When he doesn't reply, I quickly reassure him again, "I swear I am not doubting you, I am just curious. You know what? Just forget it, I'm being nosy and--"

"No Sam. Its okay." He cuts me off. "I would have to tell you this eventually."

I look at him, now lying on my stomach with my arms resting on his chest.

"Me realizing my fault and dad finding out about the gang wasn't the only reason I quit the gang. I witnessed them doing something horrific Sam, which scared me to death." He says and I see his face cringe, probably due to the memories of whatever he saw.

"I saw them kill Sam, in the most merciless ways possible." He says after a pause and my breath stops. 

An update!!! Yay! I hope you guys liked this chapter and enjoyed the challenges Samantha and Xavier are facing. If you please like and comment and share my story. You guys already know it means the world and my heart does a somersault every time I see a notification for vote. 

And THANK YOU so much guys because I just discovered that my story has reached rank 74 in Teen Fiction and I was like " OOOHHHH MYYY GODD!!!" I know its not number 1 or something but 74 also means a lot to me. Like seriously a lot.. So thank you each of you readers, voters and commentators. Y'all made this possible. Have an super duper day (or night) ahead :-)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

170K 4.1K 44
His finger lightly touches the bottom of my chin, and he pushes my face upwards so that I'm looking into his eyes. Eyes that are solely on my lips. I...
2.4M 68.1K 51
Amelia Davis is 20 and she's apart of the Moonlight pack. She has already shifted and she hasn't found her mate yet. This doesn't worry her because s...
666K 19.4K 42
"Xavier, are you out of your mind? You can't hit anyone you want." I tried to pull him away from the guy. With his temper, he might send him to the h...
383K 14.1K 47
So what you think Xavier would do now? Like me you people would have read many stories in which hero is the one to trap the woman he wants in a marri...