Back With A Secret

By -vintage_rose-

Bullied and tormented with secrets and dark truths Charlotte Melton insists she leaves her home town, a town... More

One| Goodbye Charlie
Two| Welcome Home Charlie
Three| To Cause a Mess
Four| Blood became black
Five| Guess who's back
Six| The cup is bloody empty!
Seven | A general Question
Eight | We looked Untouchable
Nine | Natural Instincts
Ten | My Masterpiece
Eleven | Obnoxious & Rude
Twelve | Intention to Starve
Thirteen | Second Time
Fourteen| Disturbed Peace
Fifteen | Like a Hamster
Sixteen | Late Shifter
Seventeen | Rogues
Eighteen | Bella and Blue
Nineteen | Put down
Twenty | Catering and Ditching
Twenty-One | Bruised
Twenty-Two | Mates
Twenty-Three | White Punches
Twenty-Four | Kidnappers
Twenty-Six | Dimwit
Twenty-Seven | Tease
Twenty-Eight | Obvious
Twenty-Nine | Penguins Bite
Camp, Eric, Forest and Kidnapping...
I've just been kidnapped and i came out with gummy bears...
Finding Charlie and making plans...
Slapping, Joking and Glarring...
Jakes transformation and his question...
holy fudge muffins and banana lollipops!...
Pro at seducing...
Paybacks a B*tch, ain't it?...
Well this trip will be interesting...
Why would Blade do this to his own?...
Dont Let The Bed Bugs Bite
Oh no indeed inner me
That Feeling
Don't Stab Him

Twenty-Five | Wild Fire

27.3K 480 24
By -vintage_rose-

hey guys!

i am sooooo SORRY that i havnt uploaded in what probably felt like years, i've been busy and had writers block. Hope this will make up for it.

---------------------------------------------------------------

25

I'm almost certain he didn't drive the legal speed limit to get here. In fact, I'm pretty sure he drove though some houses just to reach me in a record time of four minutes. Four minutes. I looked between the car door and him as I hesitated against jumping into this speed demon. I didn't want to end my life in a petty car crash.

But the urgent side of my mind rang through as my pack flashed before my eyes so I jumped in. Giving out an automatic response to dad's work force. Now that I actually thought for a second, his work place was most likely a building that worked on pack matters. Stupid me, it's taken me this long to figure it out.

"What's going on Charlie?" he asked, sparing me a glance away from the road. I tried to mold myself into the car seat, to try and relax me. It wasn't working.

"Dad's gone crazy and arrested my friends" was the short response I muttered out. It was the short story of this whole wreckage.

"He arrested your friends?" he asked incredulous, "For what?"

My lips thinned out at his question, "He thinks they're kidnappers and are holding me against my will."

He sucked in a sharp breath, no doubt the news shocking him.

"I don't think he's feeling well Jake; you should have seen him. It wasn't him" I told him, trying to convince him that something was wrong with him. He nodded his head in understanding, just the knowledge of what he's heard is absurd.

"We'll figure it out, they won't charge your friends on assumptions" his assuring voice effectively calming me down. I let myself relax as I knew we'd fix this mess.

I placed my hand on his forearm that was on the gear stick, his body stiffening at first contact then lessening.

"I'm sorry for blowing up at you"

His eyes met mine and I could see the pain I inflicted on him. He shook his head.

"No, I deserved it", I squeezed his hand.

"Lets just put it all behind us. Can we be twins like we used to be?" I asked, immensely scared that he was going to reject this and make it a joke. He was my brother and I needed him and if he did that then I would forever have a hole in my heart that belonged to him.

"I don't want anything more than that" was his response, a smile gracing his worn out face finally.

Taking my hand back, I turned my head to the window. Staring at the constant blur of our surroundings as we drove to find our dad.

It must have been another ten minutes before I was able to spot the large black cars lined up outside of an office-like building. The emptiness of the vehicles made my stomach tighten. Through our pack link I could feel the boys still passed out while the girls tried to remain calm, already sensing that I was coming for them.

Jumping out of the car before Jake could park it, I sprinted to the doors. Not caring about their wellbeing as I pulled them and heard them hit the walls with a loud 'thump'. I saw an office receptionist jump in fright as she looked for the intruder.

Her eyes landing on her expression changed to annoyance. "Young lady you are in the wrong place, leave."

I felt the anger and frustration building up in me. Her stuck up nose and attitude implied that she thought I was a rowdy teenage human.

I glared at her as I headed for the main doors that would lead me to the back where everything and everyone was held.

"Excuse me! You can't go in there! I'm calling security!" she yelled pathetically as she frantically pulled out a phone and started talking into it. I paid her no added attention as I threw the doors open, hearing the familiar noise of them hitting a hard surface. I stormed down the hallway, using my senses to guide me to my pack being held under false accusations.

I barely noticed the turning of heads staring at the red headed girl walking down the hallway through their office windows, intrigued in the commotion.

Turning a few corners, I finally found them.

The large doors seemed like your standard push and pull type of door if you oversaw the two large and bulky guards, arms crossed and eyes set in a permanent glare. How the freaking hell was I meant to get to my pack without causing a ruckus? This whole situation rendered my rare wolf abilities useless as there were multiple security cameras positioned on the ceiling. I couldn't risk our secret.

There was only one way to go about this.

Running at them, I forced myself to let go of some crocodile tears. Holding my breath to redden my face. I should have become an actor.

"Help! Some man just collapsed in the bathrooms!" I yelled, gaining their immediate attention. They didn't move but I knew I sparked their interest and concern. I had to crank up the rollercoaster.

"He wasn't breathing! Please you have to help!" I continued grabbing onto one of their arms for effect. His façade broke as he stared down at my pathetic act. He nodded his head in acknowledgement before running in the direction I assumed were the bathrooms.

Wincing inwardly as I realized he left his hulk-like buddy behind, I wiped my head into his direction. I wiped the tears off my face and smiled at him. His eyes narrowed at my obvious change of emotions.

"Mam what are you doing back here?" He asked suspiciously. I see how he caught on. Finally, he realized it was a little bit odd that a 'human' girl was running around in the secluded office.

I edged closer to him, my face softening to grab his attention. I touched his arm seeming to be hesitant, my smile suggestive, hopefully. His body tensed at my touch yet he made no move to remove me off of him. I would have to thank the girls for teaching me these moves.

"I saw you from a mile away and thought I had to get to know you" my voice going quieter with each word with pouted lips. I saw his eyes flicker to them.

"I'm sorry but this place is strictly-"

"Oh come on. Your buddy's gone, we should talk" I said, trailing my finger down his arm slowly. I felt his body shiver ever so lightly broadening my smirk. I had him in the palm of my hand.

"What's your name beauty?" He asked, and I had to hold back the sudden emotion of disgust. My wolf didn't like the sound of his suggestive tone or the way his eyes now openly glanced down me.

I held myself and allowed my hand to travel up his forearm, almost leaning into him despite the emotion only growing.

"Charlie" I whispered.

I watched as his face slowly showed confusion, recognition and shock. But it was too late. I had already dug my fingers into the side of his neck, pressing down on the pressure point. His eyes rolled into the back of his head as I felt him slowly lose the control over his body. Stepping back just in time as he collapsed to his side, dropping straight onto his shoulder and hip. He was definitely going to have a few bruises when he woke up.

Grinning in victory, I stepped over his limp body and pushed against the closed doors.

"Charlotte!" I heard his voice scream down the hallway. My head automatically turning into their direction before I walked into the room. I saw my father's red face as he marched towards me, a bunch of men dressed in black jogging behind him. I grimaced as the doors shut behind me, blocking off his angry face.

"Charlie?" I heard their voices ask in unison as I quickly sprang into action. Searching the large room filled with half unconscious and conscious members of my pack. Spotting a bunch of their abandoned jackets on the floor beside them, I quickly snatched them. Tying each one around the door handles to stop the effort of the people on the other side from getting in while I thought of another plan.

I hadn't expected him to show up just as I was about to rescue them.

The memory of the front receptionist threatening to call security popped into my mind. She actually did it. Bitch.

"What's going on?" Jessica asked, gripping onto my arm. Body tense and face worried. They all looked worried as they cradled their mate's heads in their laps.

I felt my lips thin as I found myself having trouble recounting everything's that happened. "My dad thinks you guys kidnapped the twins and are holding me captive to shut my mouth" I spilled out shaking my head in disbelief once again. The thought just didn't seem to settle into my mind. It was too absurd.

"Well... that's definitely... different" Hailey half mused despite the situation.

"Charlie open this door now!" he yelled from the other side of the doors, banging with barely contained strength.

Walking over to the males of my pack, I placed one hand onto their cheeks, concentrating. Waiting until their eyes fluttered open. Within seconds they were all up and dazed. Their mates by their sides, as always.

The sudden crash of the doors being slammed open caused us to jump and turn into the loud direction. My father was standing there, his shoulders tense and shaking against each unsteady breath. His eyes red and glazed. He didn't look like his self one bit. It was more worrying than the situation we were currently in.

"Charlie move away from them. They are dangerous" he spoke through gritted teeth, the men behind him ready and staring at us with calculating eyes. They couldn't distinguish the difference between every day Beta and the one that was standing in front of them.

"Dad I'm going to need you to calm down. You're not looking great" I said calmly, moving to stand slightly in front of my pack. It was my job and duty to protect them against anything and everything. I had to somehow disarm my disarrayed dad before he did anything that'll he'd regret.

"Charlie-"

"No dad. Calm down. Take a seat" I instructed, motioning him to sit on a nearby chair in the room. He didn't even glance at it, his eyes only trained on the people behind me known as traitors.

"Charlotte I'm not going to repeat myself" he said, his eyes focusing back onto me, his body swaying ever so slightly to the side before righting himself back up. This sparked my alarm. What was wrong with him? Couldn't he understand that he wasn't well? The colour had drained from his face, his eyes seeming to be more glazed than an ice berg.

These were the tale-signs of someone about to- Just like that, he was standing in the centre of this chaos and the next he was collapsing onto the ground surprising his men. A sound escaped my throat as I sprang to get to him, watching as he fell to the ground, the side of his head hitting the ground.

"Dad!"

I cradled his head into my lap just like my own were doing previously with their mates. I touched his forehead, alarmed that he was burning up like a wild fire. I tried to shake him out of unconsciousness but he didn't stir nor make any sounds. The only reassuring thing about this all was that I could see the slight movements of his chest rising and falling. He was still breathing and that was the biggest relief.

I mildly heard the pandemonium of shouts and commands around us as they tried to get medical emergencies. But I kept my hand against his own tightly. Not minding the fact that his dead body weight was slowly stopping the circulation of blood from reaching my toes. The worry was too much to care about me.

"Charlie let him go, the medics are here" Leon whispered, pulling me up by the shoulders. I didn't resist as I watched the men do their job, checking the vital signs of his state then lifting him onto a gurney. I didn't think about it as I followed them down the hallway at their pace of running. The sight of my red faced father on the bed imprinting onto my mind. An image I desperately never wanted to see again.

"There going to take him to the hospital, come on we'll drive you" I felt Jake say as he pulled me to his car, closing the door for me. I numbly pulled my seatbelt on while staring out the window. My friends were staring at me with pained expressions. They understood the whirlpool of emotions going through me at the moment. They could feel it. I had no control over blocking the link in my state. I knew they were going to escape into the forest and make their way home to wait for me.

I continued to stare at their retreating forms as Jake started the car and drove behind the ambulance like hell was chasing him. 

-------------------------------------------------------

EDITED.

Now please someone tell me I wasn't the only one who thought these past two chapters have been so random? Give it a thumbs up if you agree! 

AHAHA, it was legit the most bizarre idea I've come up with during the dwindling hours of the night. Not going to lie but it's been a whirlpool of odd sentences and descriptions. Hope you enjoyed nonetheless. It cracks me up at its randomness. 

Vote! Comment! Fan!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

70 20 10
When Elizabeth turns 18, her life changes. She learns some secrets from her family's past that her parents kept from her. Will she accept her future...
1.2M 27.6K 29
Riley Marie Kendall grew up like any other American girl. And as any other normal 16 year old should, she thought werewolves were fiction. That is un...
109K 3.5K 24
Liz is half wolf half human, she grew up in the city and never knew any wolves before except for her father and brother. Dom is soon to be alpha of h...
167K 5.5K 32
Elizabeth Monroe is 16 and looking for her mate but she doesn't know she has one for everything she is. Elizabeth is a hybrid of a werewolf and a vam...